Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 09-02-2007, 09:33 PM   #1
aesthetic
Angry Wolf

In-Game Name: Dream
aesthetic is on a distinguished road
Eeek =.="

I got a rare lvl 20 mace..
How much of a difference does a mace do than a hammer? I want a hammer but I just broke three and now I have less than 500c.. lmao. =.=""

WHY THE HECK DOES 20+ ARMOR & SKILLS GOTTA BE SO EXPENSIVE?!

[Dream] - [Teva] - [3x]
Reached lv30 on 9.11 o.o
Old 09-03-2007, 01:38 AM   #2
tehfusion
Mara Pirates

In-Game Name: Ramesiel
Current Level: 55
Server: Teva
tehfusion is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to tehfusion Send a message via AIM to tehfusion Send a message via MSN to tehfusion Send a message via Yahoo to tehfusion Send a message via Skype™ to tehfusion
This post no longer exists.

Last edited by tehfusion; 01-15-2009 at 01:02 AM..
Old 09-03-2007, 04:14 AM   #3
Triumph
Wiki Head Admin

Deal or No Deal Champion!Tournaments Won: 1

In-Game Name: FFXIV
Current Level: 80
Server: Coeurl
Triumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud of
Naturally, I'll provide the argument for hammers.

Even at level 20, the damage of the hammer is already 10-15 points higher. The efficiency of going with a hammer varies with your build. Assuming you've gone a 1:1 STR/END build, you have 25 points by level 20, and should have 12-13 points invested into strength, yielding 14 damage bonus.

So, the damage ends up being approximately 24-29 damage higher.

The mace hits at 1.1 seconds per hit, whereas the hammer is slower with a 1.3 second per hit. In an average 10 second fight against a monster, assuming you do 60 damage a hit, your results would be the following:

Mace: 540 damage.
Hammer: 672-712 damage.

Therefore, I would recommend the hammer.
Old 09-03-2007, 08:30 AM   #4
Blaaaaaaaah
WONDERCLERIC

Tournaments Won: 15

In-Game Name: Bla~ahs
Current Level: 7x
Blaaaaaaaah has disabled reputation
I think in CB I got a rare +4 mace before, but the stats are even less crappier than my normal hammer. Hammer > Mace at level 20. You can also just check out the stats in the NPC shops and see if it's that great. But if you can't afford another weapon then just use the rare one you have.
Old 09-03-2007, 09:20 AM   #5
tehfusion
Mara Pirates

Send a message via ICQ to tehfusion Send a message via AIM to tehfusion Send a message via MSN to tehfusion Send a message via Yahoo to tehfusion Send a message via Skype™ to tehfusion

Last edited by tehfusion; 01-15-2009 at 12:48 AM..
Old 09-03-2007, 10:58 PM   #6
Triumph
Wiki Head Admin

Triumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by tehfusion View Post
o_o Where did you get the hammer damage from? As you said, the hammer does about 10-15 damage more. I assume this figure is correct, as I won't get on and check myself. So the mace does 60 and the hammer does 75 (even though enemy defense will play a role, but let's just assume the maximum value).

10 seconds / 1.1 seconds = 9 hits with the mace.
9 hits * 60 damage = 540 damage total in ten seconds.
10 seconds / 1.3 seconds = 7 hits with the hammer.
7 hits * 75 damage = 525 damage total in ten seconds.

And we're not forgetting the mace's higher accuracy still, are we?
I simply did the following - Mace calculation was wrong, by the way:

Mace: 10/1.1 = 9 hits * [60+14 (+14 STR = My build)] = 666.
Hammer: 10/1.3 = ~8 hits * [75+14 (+14 STR = My build)] = 712.

Originally Posted by tehfusion
Of course, I can't play anymore anyway as I get such intense lag that the game is truly unplayable. That's why I haven't progressed anywhere really for while.
Yeah I've noticed...but there's no real lag lol, at least for me. Everything runs smoothly except Roumen.
Old 09-04-2007, 01:01 AM   #7
tehfusion
Mara Pirates

Old 09-04-2007, 02:06 AM   #8
Triumph
Wiki Head Admin

Originally Posted by tehfusion View Post
But you're cheating! You can't round it up. Hammer would do 7 hits in 10 seconds, not 8. So in the 10 second slot, it'd do 623, whereas the mace does 666. >:U
._.

Hammer: 10/1.3 = 7.692307692 hits * [75+14 (+14 STR = My build)]

= 684.6153846 damage.

Though it doesn't matter, the mace is still the sign of the devil.
Old 09-04-2007, 02:24 PM   #9
tehfusion
Mara Pirates

Old 09-04-2007, 09:46 PM   #10
Triumph
Wiki Head Admin

Since I'm in a hurry (as of now), I can't really go through and critique each sentence. But the few things I caught were:

You're assuming you'll miss a good portion of hits, which on a "yellow" monster, you aren't really missing that much, if at all. This in turn leads to inaccuracy in your respective calculations that follow, as you're always using the previous value to continue, but if the first is wrong, then there is a "domino" effect of errors following. Also, the mastery skills only add 5-10 extra damage, I've checked, and felt like I could hold off from buying it since I'm broke.
Closed Thread