Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 10-01-2007, 01:32 PM   #1
asera
Mushroom Fighter

In-Game Name: Asera
Current Level: 3x
Server: Teva
asera is on a distinguished road
More versitile builds?

well recently i've been speculating different builds that might work a little better in multiple situations and heres some of my thoughts

the regular 1:2 str and end build but w/ a 10-20 points put into spr (which increases your sp pool...big woop but also boosts your crit rate which would be really nice) but the current issue is how much % of a crit boost would it be? enough to be noticed or no?

another build follows the same format but w/ a 2 point to dex every 10 points this is to make up for the miss rate we have (i've seen it a bit lol) altough this seems less likely to be benificial but it would be great for soloing if you like that.

im not sure how well they would work so some input would be nice ^ ^/

on a seperate note anyone know a good place to grind at at 26 other the glow wolfs? (they make me wanna cap myself)
Old 10-01-2007, 01:36 PM   #2
.o0O0O0o.
Robo

Tournaments Won: 1

In-Game Name: Aelfis
Current Level: 43
Server: teva
.o0O0O0o. is on a distinguished road
for grinding (as a mage), i moved to moonlight tomb. Bats are not too shaby @ 27. They give a good 50+xp, while wolves give what? 35-45? And Eldirine is just a hop and skip away, instead of running 5mins to BH.
Old 10-01-2007, 01:37 PM   #3
Blaaaaaaaah
WONDERCLERIC

Tournaments Won: 15

In-Game Name: Bla~ahs
Current Level: 7x
Blaaaaaaaah has disabled reputation
25 SPR increases your crit rate by 5%. Not a lot, but I think I'm critting more than just 0% crit rate. I think I critted a little bit more than I did in CB (where I did have points into SPR at all), but I think clerics adding SPR for more SP is okay anyway.

2 dex to every 10 points of what? I'd say it'd be a waste to add dex... We miss a lot, but that can easily overcome by aim scrolls anyway, so I don't see the point. I don't miss much at all if I have an aim scroll on, less I'm fighting a mob that's way higher than my level.

And maybe you can try levelling at moonlight tomb with a part with the bats at level 26. Forgot where I trained at level 26.
Old 10-01-2007, 03:54 PM   #4
Chewy
Mushroom Fighter

Chewy is on a distinguished road
Yea, i think you could do well there, though it could be a bit on the slow side. I was partying at moonlit at like lv 23 lol, but it was in parties for a while. Once you are lv 29-30, soloing will be easier for you, so it might be better for you to find a party for moonlit.
Old 10-01-2007, 06:06 PM   #5
Loveless
Super Moderator

In-Game Name: Espei
Loveless has disabled reputation
Even without the aims scroll I hardly missed... so DEX really isn't the issue. SPR would be nice too since the higher leveled skills take up a good chunk of that SP. In my case though, the crit rate doesn't make a difference? I have that 6% (5?) from my Hammer and there are times where I crit 3-4 times on a monster... so not sure how THAT works but it's good anyway.
Old 10-01-2007, 10:10 PM   #6
KY_Jelly
Spider

In-Game Name: Unbanned
Current Level: 28
KY_Jelly is on a distinguished road
you missing? scroll up. you need more sp? divinity skill FTW

the clerics are already designed as a support class. so adding end and str lets you also make them into a battle class.

a 2:1 end:str cleric can tank hits, deal decent amounts of damage, and work quite well as a supporter. you can play just about any role necessary in a party and you can solo. how much more versatility do you need?
Old 10-02-2007, 09:04 AM   #7
Loveless
Super Moderator

In-Game Name: Espei
Loveless has disabled reputation
When you think about it... Fiesta's Clerics are one of the more versatile characters I've come across playing most MMORPG. With my 2:1 END:STR build... I've got a good chunk of HP and the divinity skill (which I recently caught up with) gave me a nice boost in my SP. With the Hammer I crit often enough anyway. Not to mention my attacks are good enough to solo with (and even pick up aggro during KQ...).

Then... I did some reading on the Bright Kingdom wiki about the skills. When the Paladin class comes along we get a buff skill that will boost attack of all party members and a Holy skill that will do extra damage on Undeads.
Old 10-04-2007, 01:03 AM   #8
Triumph
Wiki Head Admin

Deal or No Deal Champion!Tournaments Won: 1

In-Game Name: FFXIV
Current Level: 80
Server: Coeurl
Triumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud of
END is very important. Clerics do have a nice chunk of END, but it's almost necessary to have more. In support groups, END can sometimes mean life or death if a monster sneaks up on you.

I will also forever hold on to my view that clerics don't need SPR. That's right, not a single point. You have Divinity to make up for it, and having what? 5% more critical? is the only perk I can see out of investing in it, but you'll be terribly lacking in STR. You will be sacrificing 25 points for SPR, and that will decrease your damage by 30, but in reality, it will be more like 50 against a monster, and 25 against players.

I have proof to back my claims...in a war, I 1v1'ed with another cleric, 1:1 END/SPR. She barely critted on me, if at all, and was doing 30s on me. I was planting 60+ on her, and we were both level 40. Not to mention Bash and Bleed/Trip's damage will increase exponentially rather than constantly with more points in STR.
Old 10-04-2007, 05:01 PM   #9
MagesRequiem
Archon

MagesRequiem is on a distinguished road
Divinity does not raise your SP up that much. And even the 5% crit bonus is well worth it along with the extra SP for spamming Heal. I'm going pure SPR until it gets to 25. Then i'm going 1:1 STR and END. That way i'll have plenty of SP, the 5% crit bonus, and i'll be getting a few extra points in defense and damage along with some HP. I don't know how this build will go but i'm hoping it will do well. And if it fails miserably, thats fine. The only way I can improve myself is by learning from my mistakes.
Old 10-16-2007, 09:28 PM   #10
Aldread
Hero Slime

In-Game Name: Aldread
Current Level: 3X
Aldread is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Aldread Send a message via MSN to Aldread Send a message via Yahoo to Aldread
im gonna have to agree, dex is a waste. unless it improves attack time. whichy ive been told it doesnt...

i firmly believe that the extra points in SPR is a good thing, i love having almost 1k sp at lv33 unbuffed.

end is necessary for a cleric, we always need to help take the agro from random monsters that target our mage/archer in the higher level areas.
Closed Thread