Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 10-20-2007, 05:03 PM   #1
Rpgslave
Speedy Slime

Rpgslave is on a distinguished road
Some stat questions...

Ok so everyone seems to say put 25 points into SPR, then it splits off into other various builds. I know why you put the 25 points into SPR but...

Everyone says STR is useless because it adds very little to your damage, but aren't archers a DPS class? So wouldn't any little bit help, or is adding points to STR really all that bad of a thing to do?

Most people say go full DEX after putting points into SPR, and they say that DEX is more important than END. I don't seem to understand that. I read somewhere that people who go full DEX regret it because the avoid isn't all that helpful at higher levels. More HP is always helpful, but you only have a chance to evade(I'm not gonna touch the accuracy part of DEX, I haven't played long enough to argue on that). So, wouldn't that technically make putting points into END more important? Or, at least, some sort of mix between END and DEX?

With all those things in mind, I'm thinking of doing a 3:1(END: DEX or END:STR) or 3:1:1(END: DEX:STR) ratio for my stats(after the 25 points in SPR), leaning more towards 3:1 END: DEX.

Comment pls. XD
Old 10-20-2007, 05:14 PM   #2
fullback
Papa Bear

Tournaments Won: 3

In-Game Name: fullback
Current Level: 6x
fullback is a name known to allfullback is a name known to allfullback is a name known to allfullback is a name known to allfullback is a name known to allfullback is a name known to all
Send a message via MSN to fullback
Ive heard most archers that put points into end think they wasted it because they rarely have to actually take damage.
Old 10-20-2007, 05:23 PM   #3
O-mie
Lilian's Maid

Tournaments Won: 1

In-Game Name: Omies (5x Cleric) Fable (4x Archer)
Current Level: OVER 900000000
Server: Teva
O-mie is a splendid one to beholdO-mie is a splendid one to beholdO-mie is a splendid one to beholdO-mie is a splendid one to beholdO-mie is a splendid one to beholdO-mie is a splendid one to beholdO-mie is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to O-mie Send a message via MSN to O-mie
Now, lets see. I'm level 40 on my archer, and I have a hybrid build of SPR, end, and some strength. Usually, Its more beneficial to level on much higher mobs with a party, and higher mobs (in my experience) NEVER miss me.

As for END and archers tanking things, I end up tanking things quite a lot when we lack a fighter. (Archers, in my opinion, are the next best tanks since we can hold hate from our high damage, and are quite a bit more hardy than a mage is)

However, DEX is good too for higher things because you get more aim. So if you're indecisive, do a 1:1 end/dex thing if you're worried about it. (That's actually my focus as soon as I hit 25 SPR)

"Stand up for what you believe is right, even if you're standing alone."

Omies [5x Cleric] Fable [4x Archer] Omie [1x Mage] Wigglytuff [2x Fighter]
Teva

Nakama //GrandPaprika // Symphony
O-mie's Art Gallery || Sketch-Blog

Old 10-20-2007, 05:30 PM   #4
Rpgslave
Speedy Slime

Rpgslave is on a distinguished road
1:1 end:dex sounds good too! I was thinking that since monsters usually get to me before I can kill them(I'm at a low level though) I should focus on some defensive stats.

Well, I have to get 25 SPR first anyway so I have some time to decide. XD
Old 10-20-2007, 05:35 PM   #5
Kiedo
Mara Pirates

In-Game Name: Evade
Current Level: 51
Server: Teva
Kiedo is on a distinguished road
Defensive stats will be worth nothing at high levels. SPR and/or STR is what you need.
Old 10-28-2007, 03:45 PM   #6
Tela
Mushroom

Tela is on a distinguished road
It seems to me that STR and SPR are easily the most valuable stats to an archer.

People severely underestimate the value of free-stat STR. If you go the route of 25 SPR, 50 STR by level 60, that's Fifty free damage. Free-stat strength and intelligence are not mitigated by mob defense, either. No matter what you're fighting, two equal archers, one with 0 STR and one with 50 STR the difference will be the same every time - 50 damage per hit.

That may not sound like a lot, but especially for bow users, who rely on normal bow attacks to some degree, it's a rather nice boost. If you're dealing 150 damage with a normal attack, it's now 200 damage. On the other hand, for X-Bow users, who generally will spam skills non-stop, your percentage increase will be a good deal less, due to the higher base damage of the x-bow in conjunction with spamming skills that also do more damage.

In the end, it seems to me that it is beneficial even for an x-bow user, but much more beneficial to a regular bow user to add STR. It's really a judgement call, though.

I haven't talked to many high levels (My archer is a wee level 21 right now) that say DEX helps much. Going past 25 SPR loses it's appeal, obviously. INT is out. END can help, but ideally you have a fighter there tanking for you. That leaves STR and SPR. The two ideal stats for an archer, in my relatively informed, yet completely biased and possibly unfounded opinion.
Old 10-29-2007, 01:07 AM   #7
ThievingSix
Apeopex/Millenium

Tournaments Won: 4

In-Game Name: Thieving
Current Level: 51
Server: Epith
ThievingSix is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to ThievingSix Send a message via MSN to ThievingSix Send a message via Yahoo to ThievingSix
Originally Posted by Tela View Post
It seems to me that STR and SPR are easily the most valuable stats to an archer.

People severely underestimate the value of free-stat STR. If you go the route of 25 SPR, 50 STR by level 60, that's Fifty free damage. Free-stat strength and intelligence are not mitigated by mob defense, either. No matter what you're fighting, two equal archers, one with 0 STR and one with 50 STR the difference will be the same every time - 50 damage per hit.

That may not sound like a lot, but especially for bow users, who rely on normal bow attacks to some degree, it's a rather nice boost. If you're dealing 150 damage with a normal attack, it's now 200 damage. On the other hand, for X-Bow users, who generally will spam skills non-stop, your percentage increase will be a good deal less, due to the higher base damage of the x-bow in conjunction with spamming skills that also do more damage.

In the end, it seems to me that it is beneficial even for an x-bow user, but much more beneficial to a regular bow user to add STR. It's really a judgement call, though.

I haven't talked to many high levels (My archer is a wee level 21 right now) that say DEX helps much. Going past 25 SPR loses it's appeal, obviously. INT is out. END can help, but ideally you have a fighter there tanking for you. That leaves STR and SPR. The two ideal stats for an archer, in my relatively informed, yet completely biased and possibly unfounded opinion.
The problem with STR builds is that in higher levels it's mostly your weapons base damage that makes the most difference. 50 extra damage, isn't that much when your opponents end up haveing 3000-4000 HP.

"Do or do not, there is no try." - Yoda
"Put off today what you can do tomorrow." - Anon
"The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources." - Einstein
"Life is a long lesson in humility." - James M. Barrie

Epith
Thieving(Hawk Archer) - 51
ThievingSix(Wiz Mage) - 39
Old 10-29-2007, 09:24 PM   #8
Tela
Mushroom

Tela is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by ThievingSix View Post
The problem with STR builds is that in higher levels it's mostly your weapons base damage that makes the most difference. 50 extra damage, isn't that much when your opponents end up haveing 3000-4000 HP.
Yes, but the STR bonus is calculated after every other calculation is done. So if you're dealing 250 damage now, adding 50 strength will boost that to 300 damage.

The whole point is that it's not mitigated at all. How much damage does a 50+ archer do versus orange/red mobs anyway? I may rethink my opinion, but only if the damage output per shot is well over 500. I doubt it is.
Closed Thread