Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 07-08-2008, 06:39 PM   #1
Eru
Marlone Captain

In-Game Name: dunno
Eru has a spectacular aura aboutEru has a spectacular aura about
A *different* guide to cleric builds…kinda…not really

Disclaimers:
1. Im only lvl51, so my opinions may change later but right now I dont see how.
2. I would define my game-play style as casual and completely void of caring about pvp.
3. If you use CS items, this is all moot as CS makes many things possible/different.

People are generally concerned with 4 styles of cleric builds:
1. A PvP build
2. The Soloing Cleric
3. The Cleric-tank (Clank)
4. The Party/Support Cleric

#1 – The PvP build
As I mentioned, I dont PVP (as I think its pointless in Fiesta) so if that is what *you* like to do, then read up on ppls opinions on what a good pvp build is

#2 - The soloing cleric
Question:
"What is the best cleric build to solo?"
Answer: "There is none because cleric soloing is pointless."

Reasoning:
There are only 4 reasons I can think of for soloing as a cleric:
1. You like casting heal on yourself while *slowly* dealing *low* amounts of damage.
well...uhm...good job?...keep doing what youre doing I guess

2. You hate people
Why are you playing and mmorpg? Go buy a console and help reduce the lag on Fiesta's servers

3. People hate you
-> This only happens if u suck consistently as a cleric...and I mean in some legendary fashion. You have to be in a lot of parties and/or KQs and be *really* bad an awful lot before a cleric has a problem finding a party.
-> For info on how to suck as a cleric, search All the Rage for 'kq cleric'
-> Also, it's possible you might just be a jerk, in which case u may have the same problem in real life

4. You want all the exp from your kills
-> Basically as a cleric your damage dealt is horrendous compared to every. other. class. Even with Bash and Trip maxed you wont be able to do comparable damage over time.
-> With even a non-aoe fighter duo you can kill mobs more than twice as fast as u could solo. So while you dont get full exp for each kill, you will kill much faster over time, and therefore get more exp.
-> Of course, this means you have to be in an area where mob-spawn is conducive to this, and be in a pty with someone who doesnt just sit around and knows how to play their class.

#3 - The Cleric-tank (Clank)
Question:
"What is the best cleric build for a cleric tank?"
Answer: "None. Clerics shouldnt tank unless a warrior-tank isnt around, in which case a support build will do well enough in a crunch."

Reasoning:
Im assuming you want to be a Clank because of one or more of the following:
1. You like tanking mobs
ok...there is this other class called "w a r r i o r". They are designed to have the best hp and def in the game. You like to tank? You should play as a warrior.

2. You think it's cheaper to tank as a cleric
-> Clerics have the second best hp/def in the game, plus they can heal themselves. This means that they *can* tank if they have to (kinda).
-> A *good* tank must be able to hold agro effectively and simply put, clerics just cant do that. So sure, it may be cheaper to run in and Bash mobs (slowly) and spam-heal yourself
-> Inevitably you will loose agro, then your squishees will become squished.

3. You like being the hero
If you are spam-healing yourself guess who you are *not* healing? Thats right...your party. It's not that heroic to just revive ppl when you let them die.

#4 - The Party/Support Cleric
Question: "What is the best build for a party/support cleric?"
Answer: There are two effective builds for support clerics:

Reasoning:
1. Full END
-> You get every drop of the blockrate free stat END bonus and you will have a good amount of HP.
-> You will lose the crit. rate bonus, which does come in handy when you do need it, and you only get the Divinity increase to you SP pool whereas some SPR boost to SP can be nice.

2. SPR/END hybrid (usually 25spr/rest end)
-> You get the crit. rate free stat SPR bonus & the blockrate free stat END bonus, plus an increase to both HP and SP
-> Some stop SPR at +25 because after that the rate of crit. rate bonus is halved (it would take 10 more points to gain an extra 1%). Also because of the Divinity SP boost, there is little reason to use build-points to increase SP pool instead of HP pool.
-> After +25 SPR, just dump the rest of the build points into END, therefore at a higher lvl you will be mostly an END build, with a 5% crit. rate bonus and a slight increase in your SP.
-> Another option is to continue to add points to SPR in addition to END at perhaps a 1:1 or 1:2 ratio. It doesn’t really make sense to do this unless you are willing to commit 10 point chuncks to SPR in this fashion
-> Keep in mind that each point into SPR means that much less HP and blockrate bonus, and an alive cleric is a useful cleric whereas a cleric with 10zillion SP is no good lying face down on the ground

3. Full SPR (ineffective support build)
-> While this adds a lot of SP to your pool, you don’t need a full SPR boost to SP coz clerics have the passive skill Divinity that greatly increases SP.
-> Full SPR is a poor support build for 1 major reason. You can’t take a beating. By going *full* SPR you loose the awesome blockrate from the free stat END bonus, and you loose the increase to your HP pool.
-> If you are freaking out because you are about to die and you are to busy spamming HP stones and pots then you are likely to busy to heal your party members. (u should generally use HP pots/stones to heal yourself and cast heal on your party)

Other thoughts:
DEX is a useful stat for clerics who may want to occasionally hit something with their hammers. But you should just look for DEX on equipment for this, and not waste free stat points on DEX. Also Aim (power) scrolls help a lot, and are rather inexpensive, especially if you produce them yourself

Gear stats for END/SPR dont add to blockrate/crit. rate, just HP/SP pools.

Mace vs. Hammer? Well, I think if I did the math right, hammers win out for damage per second, even after lvl40, but yes, you need dex gear and aim scrolls. Again tho, you just don’t attack that much as a support cleric, so imo, it doesn’t really matter, but I guess it's better to have a hammer for when you do need it.

If you get bored:
If you find yourself with a support cleric and no one to party with (and #3 from “soloing cleric” does not apply), then you may become bored, or hate grinding after a while.
I recommend you find things to do when this happens like:
1. buff/heal/pty newbies (for mara, skel king, etc…)
2. start an alt with a new class (increase your in-game knowledge)
3. work on your production skills
4. farm herbs/mushrooms/wood/starfish/clams/etc…
5. dance…in a pvp area
6. do something besides play Fiesta (go outside, wash a hamster, play a different game, dry a hamster)

Last edited by Eru; 07-09-2008 at 06:14 PM..
Old 07-08-2008, 10:28 PM   #2
secbro20
Currently Gameless

secbro20 is a splendid one to beholdsecbro20 is a splendid one to beholdsecbro20 is a splendid one to beholdsecbro20 is a splendid one to beholdsecbro20 is a splendid one to beholdsecbro20 is a splendid one to beholdsecbro20 is a splendid one to behold
Regarding "clanks"
Clerics cannot tank efficiently, even in lower lvl parties and KQ ( like Mara KQ at lvl 17-25) because they cannot taunt/mock. Without taunt, they can't keep agro if partied with archers and mages that have higer DPS thus the archers/mages pull bosses and mobs and die. I've had first hand experience in KQ's where fighters don't taunt/mock and lose agro and the DPSers die. It would be the same with a cleric tank

If you want to tank, be a fighter. End of story.

Rest of it seemed good ( didn't read very much of it actually X.X)
->Check my Progress<-

Once a G____G, always a G____G

Last edited by secbro20; 07-08-2008 at 10:33 PM..
Old 07-08-2008, 11:52 PM   #3
Loveless
Super Moderator

In-Game Name: Espei
Loveless has disabled reputation
You know you are bored out of your mind when you read every single word on Eru's long essays. :P

Overall nice guide. I can't believe I read it but it pretty much sums it up for a Cleric's "main" role. Now if only those wannabe-tank/DD Clerics would read this. >.>
Old 07-08-2008, 11:53 PM   #4
Ivramire
Where shall we wander?

Ivramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud of
Goood guide

Though I'd have to disagree a bit with the solo-Cleric Stuff. I hate soloing myself but with Cash Shop enhanced equips, you can rake in all the xp and cash from kills you do yourself.
Old 07-08-2008, 11:55 PM   #5
Loveless
Super Moderator

In-Game Name: Espei
Loveless has disabled reputation
Well, CS allows you to do the impossible. :P
Old 07-09-2008, 03:44 AM   #6
Eru
Marlone Captain

Originally Posted by secbro18 View Post
Regarding "clanks"
Clerics cannot tank efficiently, even in lower lvl parties and KQ ( like Mara KQ at lvl 17-25) because they cannot taunt/mock. Without taunt, they can't keep agro if partied with archers and mages that have higer DPS thus the archers/mages pull bosses and mobs and die. I've had first hand experience in KQ's where fighters don't taunt/mock and lose agro and the DPSers die. It would be the same with a cleric tank

If you want to tank, be a fighter. End of story.

Rest of it seemed good ( didn't read very much of it actually X.X)
lol...I agree...infact I think I said that, but in many more words

Originally Posted by Loveless View Post
You know you are bored out of your mind when you read every single word on Eru's long essays. :P

Overall nice guide. I can't believe I read it but it pretty much sums it up for a Cleric's "main" role. Now if only those wannabe-tank/DD Clerics would read this. >.>
in my defense, I *did* say only read if you were bored...I honestly cant believe anyone else read it either, much less replied

Originally Posted by lvramire View Post
Goood guide

Though I'd have to disagree a bit with the solo-Cleric Stuff. I hate soloing myself but with Cash Shop enhanced equips, you can rake in all the xp and cash from kills you do yourself.
tks... tho I guess I should have mentioned I also haven't yet used the CS for weps, armor, or anything temporary (or without lasting effects like an exp card) so i guess i dunno how that would impact my opinions

Old 07-09-2008, 03:47 AM   #7
Miyuki
Hungry Wolf

In-Game Name: Miyuki_Takara,Yui_Narumi
Current Level: 48,30+
Server: Lucky Star!!!
Miyuki is on a distinguished road
u type to much........
Old 07-09-2008, 04:03 AM   #8
Blaaaaaaaah
WONDERCLERIC

Tournaments Won: 15

In-Game Name: Bla~ahs
Current Level: 7x
Server: Teva
Blaaaaaaaah has disabled reputation
Originally Posted by Miyuki View Post
u type to much........
Short guides are often the ones that aren't informative enough. ;D

@Eru:

I haven't read the whole thing yet, but skimmed over it and looks pretty good.

One tip: try formatting your guide more, like, use bullet points/numbering system/more subheadings (break things into clear parts)/etc. It makes your guide easier and tempting to read. xD
Old 07-09-2008, 01:25 PM   #9
horong
Slow Slime

Tournaments Won: 1

In-Game Name: Gamiya
Current Level: 56
Server: Bijou
horong will become famous soon enough
you left out heal generates agro

EDIT: SPR/END hybrid is the main clank build

I know this is a joke thread.

OKAY!!!!
Old 07-09-2008, 06:15 PM   #10
Eru
Marlone Captain

Originally Posted by Blaaaaaaaah View Post
One tip: try formatting your guide more, like, use bullet points/numbering system/more subheadings (break things into clear parts)/etc. It makes your guide easier and tempting to read. xD
edited/updated...any better (layout, not content)?

Originally Posted by horong View Post
you left out heal generates agro
lol...yes it does, but non enough to tank effectively.

Last edited by Eru; 07-09-2008 at 06:21 PM..
Closed Thread