Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 08-08-2009, 12:13 AM   #1
Yami
Lava Gargoyle

In-Game Name: Hija
Current Level: 85.99 Dx
Server: Teva
Yami will become famous soon enough
Finally a paladin... and now?

My cleric finally hit 60 today and is now a fully fledged paladin (after about 1,5 years, give or take a couple of months XD), but now I'm kinda stuck as to what's best considering continueing my build and skill points.

Currently I have END +50 and SPR +25. Should I continue pumping points into END? Or is it better to put them in a different stat (which one then? XD).

Also my current skills are empowered like this:

Heal: max cd, sp and power.
Bash: max power
Invincible: max duration

At the moment that leaves me with 4 spare skill points and I'm wondering if I should empower the cd on Recover or whether I should save them for other skills and if so, which ones?

Every help and all tips are appreciated.

Old 08-08-2009, 12:34 AM   #2
ilium
Mushroom

In-Game Name: Alfadas
Current Level: 8x
ilium is on a distinguished road
I suggest to put your stat points into END now.
at least that's what i did. I think it doesn't make much sense starting on a new attribute.
I also suggest to empower the cooldown of Recover. (5 points = -9 sec.)

edit: oh well, my suggestions are exactly what you already thought. so...not much new help.

Last edited by ilium; 08-08-2009 at 12:37 AM..
Old 08-08-2009, 02:20 AM   #3
Triumph
Wiki Head Admin

Deal or No Deal Champion!Tournaments Won: 1

In-Game Name: FFXIV
Current Level: 80
Server: Coeurl
Triumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud of
If I remember correctly, Recover is 30 seconds, and an aggro magnet to boot. I would hazard to suggest possibly a cooldown reduction in Rejuvenate. There really is no point to having max power for Bash if you are an END:SPR build, as that build is purely support. Consequently, I would personally remove all points from Bash, and use those points on something like SP reduction on a more commonly used skill, like Restore.

As for your stat build... it has been argued for years now whether or not the 25 SPR build is effective. There is no benefit from 25 SPR other than the 5% critical and the 125 SP; your SP stones won't even take the points into account when recovering SP.

Note, however:
Pure STR/INT > STR/INT:25 SPR > Pure SPR when damage dealt is <600.
STR/INT:25 SPR > Pure STR/INT > Pure SPR when damage dealt is 601-1200.
Pure SPR > STR/INT:25 SPR > Pure STR/INT when damage dealt is 1200+.

These statistics are based on builds with 0 stat points and without the influence of any charms. As you are a cleric, I do not believe your damage will exceed 600 naturally. Thus, I would suggest completely restarting your build, but this would be fairly expensive. My personal suggestion at this point would be to start putting points into STR.
Old 08-08-2009, 11:13 AM   #4
ilium
Mushroom

I don't think that there would be any benefit from putting points into STR now.
I'd rather increase the survivability than "damage".
On the other hand i think it depends if you are going HK or G later on. And if you are using SC or not.
Putting points into STR might be useful for HK later on, since he gets Mace with lower base dmg and is meant to be more like a "Damage"cleric.
For a SC user there is no real point in putting points into STR. With a crit suit and the 25 SPR nearly every hit is a crit. I never missed STR therefore.

But i agree, that the points for bash are a waste somehow.

Last edited by ilium; 08-08-2009 at 11:26 AM..
Old 08-08-2009, 11:26 PM   #5
Triumph
Wiki Head Admin

Triumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud of
For cleric, survivability from END does not affect much at all. It's something like +0.5% block, and +25 defense for 50 points in END. I don't have my data anymore, so those numbers are based off what I can remember.

Aside from the 250 bonus HP, 50 END was useless. I distinctly recall pure builds always defeating hybrid builds in CB and early OB, so maybe the critical suits have gotten better. The upward limit before I quit was around 50% critical.
Old 08-09-2009, 12:31 AM   #6
ilium
Mushroom

are you talking about pvp?

i was talking about pve...
Old 08-09-2009, 12:34 AM   #7
Triumph
Wiki Head Admin

Both.
Old 08-10-2009, 02:54 PM   #8
Silent Wizard
Sand Mushroom

In-Game Name: Doylen, Slient_Wizard, Blue_Violet
Current Level: 110/110/110
Server: TEVA
Silent Wizard will become famous soon enough
There is no benefit from 25 SPR other than the 5% critical

spr is also good for mdef which a support cleric needs. In point of fact, IMHO every class shoud have min 25 points in spr.
Closed Thread