Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 07-10-2008, 07:15 AM   #21
horong
Slow Slime

Tournaments Won: 1

In-Game Name: Gamiya
Current Level: 56
Server: Bijou
horong will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by viasta View Post
I never lost aggro as a mage when I am aoe duoing with eru or other cleric guild mates and they were spamming heals at me constantly since I pull a lot of mobs o_o..I didn't lose any aggro to heals from cleric. I don't think clerics aggro well.
Because, as a monster, when facing cleric-mage party, who would you go after the one that heals the one killing you, or the one pumping fireballs up your behind?

I still say agro generated by heal can still bring monsters to the clank.

OKAY!!!
Old 07-10-2008, 12:37 PM   #22
Helbrax
Bored Imp

In-Game Name: Helbrax
Helbrax is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Helbrax
Quote:
Answer: "There is none because cleric soloing is pointless."
I disagree. I solo my cleric all the time. With a two-year-old, my playtime is sporadic and no one wants to party with someone who has to drop off all the time. Clerics(at least in my opinion), seem to be the most cost effective since they can heal/buff themselves, so I don't have to spend a lot of what little time I have to making a profit. So there IS a point to cleric soloing. As far as "Why play an MMORPG if you aren't going to party?". I do party sometimes and I enjoy the fellowship of others around me even when I'm not partying.
Old 07-10-2008, 12:43 PM   #23
Warning_Shot
Angry Wolf

In-Game Name: Warning_Shot / _Ike_
Current Level: 3x / 2x
Server: Teva
Warning_Shot has a spectacular aura aboutWarning_Shot has a spectacular aura aboutWarning_Shot has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Warning_Shot
I'm currently using a hybrid END and STR build. I guess you could define it has soloing. I always have double the amount of STR as END. Is this good?
Old 07-10-2008, 01:03 PM   #24
Helbrax
Bored Imp

In-Game Name: Helbrax
Helbrax is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Helbrax
Originally Posted by Warning_Shot View Post
I'm currently using a hybrid END and STR build. I guess you could define it has soloing. I always have double the amount of STR as END. Is this good?
Sounds good to me. In my humble opinion, if you plan to solo a cleric but still party occasionally, the best builds are:
2:1 Str:End
1:1 Str:End (I don't really like this one, it's too "jack of all trades, master of none" for me)
1:2 Str:End

If you solo exclusively, you probably want to go with all STR. Some go all SPR for the increased critical rate and SP.
If you party mostly, you'll probably want to go pure END or maybe splash a bit of SPR.
Old 07-10-2008, 01:14 PM   #25
Eru
Marlone Captain

In-Game Name: dunno
Eru has a spectacular aura aboutEru has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Helbrax View Post
I disagree. I solo my cleric all the time. With a two-year-old, my playtime is sporadic and no one wants to party with someone who has to drop off all the time. Clerics(at least in my opinion), seem to be the most cost effective since they can heal/buff themselves, so I don't have to spend a lot of what little time I have to making a profit. So there IS a point to cleric soloing. As far as "Why play an MMORPG if you aren't going to party?". I do party sometimes and I enjoy the fellowship of others around me even when I'm not partying.
ic...its not like I never solo my cleric, and when solo grinding you still kill mobs and you still get exp, so my term "pointless" was really just an OTT exaggeration of course there is still some benefit from it.
Also, not sure if people with sporadic gameplay is "normal" so you may just be in a special situation? Have you tried playing as a warrior? I'd agree clerics are cheaper, but I didnt find the difference so great that I couldnt get a warrior to level...especially now with quest exp.

Originally Posted by Warning_Shot View Post
STR in a cleric seems to be used for soloing or pvp...im guessing you can tell my opinion on both One note tho...some people go 25SPR (for crit/sp) 50END(blockrate/HP) then rest STR for damage or some END/STR ratio after 50END...the reason for the 50 into END is that's when the increase to the blockrate freestat bonus decreases by half.

Originally Posted by Helbrax View Post
Sounds good to me. In my humble opinion, if you plan to solo a cleric but still party occasionally, the best builds are:
2:1 Str:End
1:1 Str:End (I don't really like this one, it's too "jack of all trades, master of none" for me)
1:2 Str:End

If you solo exclusively, you probably want to go with all STR. Some go all SPR for the increased critical rate and SP.
If you party mostly, you'll probably want to go pure END or maybe splash a bit of SPR.
if you play to solo, id say try playing each class to at least level20, 30 if you can take the extra time. If you like to, and can party, then do so.

*if* you still decide to build a solo cleric, there is definitely no reason *not* put 25 into SPR to get the crit bonus. i dont think loosing the 25 from STR will matter at higher levels. Also, get a +9 hammer, that should help a lot.

oh, and full SPR is definitely not a great solo build...its usually considered a support-only build, but I believed I addressed that too.

Last edited by Eru; 07-10-2008 at 01:21 PM..
Old 07-10-2008, 03:16 PM   #26
booyah8876
.:~*♥*~:.

In-Game Name: booyah8877
Current Level: 88.65
Server: Teva
booyah8876 is a splendid one to beholdbooyah8876 is a splendid one to beholdbooyah8876 is a splendid one to beholdbooyah8876 is a splendid one to beholdbooyah8876 is a splendid one to beholdbooyah8876 is a splendid one to beholdbooyah8876 is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via ICQ to booyah8876 Send a message via Yahoo to booyah8876 Send a message via Skype™ to booyah8876
ok. So I have to disagree with this here...

1) You CAN PvP with a cleric effectively. Pure STR with a +9 and high STR gears will take your damage high enough...

PvP intense people are a little rediculous though. They +9 everything... and a lvl 79 mage I fought had more DEF than the 70 Cleric the other day... with all my stuff, I was only hitting like 50~60 on a mage with over 4k hp. If you want to PvP with a cleric, prepare to do so with people that don't +9 Max END every piece of gear they have.

I also solo nicely. Not because I want to, because no one has parties anymore. I can clank very effectively... run around, collect mobs, then Recover. AoE heal = cleric mock. I heal myself and that pulls more aggro. I also deal enough damage that I can hold the mob there, and kill it reasonably fast with my high STR.
Quote:
#2 - The soloing cleric
Question: "What is the best cleric build to solo?"
Answer: "There is none because cleric soloing is pointless."
^False. You get to lvl 79 on Teva, and tell me how few parties you can find because of the "I want an AoE pt with my guild//friends" mentality.

Quote:
1. You like casting heal on yourself while *slowly* dealing *low* amounts of damage.
2. You hate people
3. People hate you
4. You want all the exp from your kills
Because an average of 350 per hit is such low damage, and my 1038 DEF at the same time is so low I'll be healing constantly? Nö.

I hate people...?

They hate me...?

Of course I want all the Exp I can get... doesn't everyone?

Your guide is completely biased against me =/

Originally Posted by el eye Zee
Lol. He said, "I'll punch you in the boob." and I was like, "I'll punch you in the bawlz and we both know that hurts more D<" and he was like, "I won't let you." and I was like, "d00d.. ur a tiny piece of sheet. u punch, i punch. mine will hurt more." and then he was like, "People are probably talking to me. g2g."
I pay to play the RL MMORPG, College. 4 years grinding in college gets you a piece of paper for the rest of your life and you can buy enough stuff to +9 your car//house.

liZ
Old 07-11-2008, 01:11 PM   #27
Eru
Marlone Captain

In-Game Name: dunno
Eru has a spectacular aura aboutEru has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by booyah8876 View Post
Your guide is completely biased against me =/
sry...it was not intended to offend.
it was only a *guide*, not a gospel … and a rather tongue-in-cheek guide at that!

The bottom line is it is a game, so you should play to have fun. So play/build/do whatever that gives you the most enjoyment out of this form of entertainment.

ok. So I have to disagree with this here...

1) You CAN PvP with a cleric effectively. Pure STR with a +9 and high STR gears will take your damage high enough...

PvP intense people are a little rediculous though. They +9 everything... and a lvl 79 mage I fought had more DEF than the 70 Cleric the other day... with all my stuff, I was only hitting like 50~60 on a mage with over 4k hp. If you want to PvP with a cleric, prepare to do so with people that don't +9 Max END every piece of gear they have.
Uhm…I never said clerics can’t pvp effectively. I said I don't do pvp so i dunno about pvp builds.

I also solo nicely. Not because I want to, because no one has parties anymore. I can clank very effectively... run around, collect mobs, then Recover. AoE heal = cleric mock. I heal myself and that pulls more aggro. I also deal enough damage that I can hold the mob there, and kill it reasonably fast with my high STR.
If a cleric can be an effective tank in a party of similarly leveled players then the game is unbalanced in my opinion.
This is not to say clerics cant/shouldn’t be able to draw agro away for a moment, but i think clerics shouldn’t easily be able to hold agro effectively over time, otherwise what is the point of the warrior class?

^False. You get to lvl 79 on Teva, and tell me how few parties you can find because of the "I want an AoE pt with my guild//friends" mentality.
So no one parties at lvl 79, or just no one aoe parties? The whole game dynamic changes then? If so could this be because the game is unfinished? Could it be because there is little to do in any game once it’s “cap” has been reached?
Also, I believe I mentioned I was only lvl51 and my opinions may change later.

Because an average of 350 per hit is such low damage, and my 1038 DEF at the same time is so low I'll be healing constantly? Nö.
…because a DD cleric will deal less damage than any other class built for DD?
Also, I didn’t say you would be *constantly* healing, but you will be healing more often as a full/mostly STR cleric compared to an full/high END cleric.

Closed Thread