Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 10-25-2009, 08:58 PM   #1
Sanastra
Fire Mushroom

Sanastra is on a distinguished road
Sanastra's Trying Something New

Hi all, this is my second offical trip to FiestaFan, not to share knowledge this time but to gain it..
I tried the mage thing, i was good at it. i taught others some of which now totally own me due to their gears and over use of SC.
i now want to give archers a turn.

Okay facts that i know.. an Archer killing a cleric that is of equal level is a myth unless the cleric either sucks or has supreme lag.. I witnessed a level 100 archer failing to kill a cleric during a fun guildwar(i wont mention the sever)

I know.. that a fighter rapes an archer when it comes to rawr damage and that fighting them headon (even with +9 armour.. which i have no intendsion of getting).. is suicide.

and finally i know that an archer can kill a mage reguardless of its build. my friend Skyla demonstated this on the day he changed from full dex to full str. after eatting a pill he had a duel with a mage.. it dragged out, but he came out on top.. yes thats right, a archer with no attribute points spend (lvl 89). killed a lvl 85 mage. both players using BK+9.
The mage never said his build.. but am prettysure it was probably Full INT since thats all mages seem to be able to do nowdays lol.

So archers, advise me, as i will be starting Legel 1 week from now.

What build should i go with?
What skills should i look to empower?
What stats should i be mainly after on gears?
Styles of play? (combo order etc)

I dunno if this will effect how you all advise me.. but i always play duo with my wife. she is going to be a mage this sever.. so am not on my own at anyrate. my damage is mainly to support hers when dropping people.

I appreciate all your help
Thanks
Sanastra
Old 10-26-2009, 04:40 AM   #2
Zwivix
AichtVeeGee4Life

Moebius Syndrome Champion!Tournaments Won: 7

In-Game Name: Zwivix|iThePirate|GardenWeasel
Current Level: 103.01| 67.10|50.24
Server: Teva
Zwivix is a splendid one to beholdZwivix is a splendid one to beholdZwivix is a splendid one to beholdZwivix is a splendid one to beholdZwivix is a splendid one to beholdZwivix is a splendid one to beholdZwivix is a splendid one to beholdZwivix is a splendid one to behold
First of all, glad you joined the family. Althought it seems archers are the "it" class to try now. I for one have been a proud archer since Oct 07 gridnding through it all. I think I can give a little insight that can help you on your path.

Your build. Since your going to be duoing and probably in a party alot 25spr/rest str. The 5% crit from 25spr is essential to any build for an archer and str is the best open stat for a party archer imo.

Empowerment will mostly likely change pre and post lv51. Just make sure you have 15 point by level 51 to put into damage,cooldown,and sp consumption on natures mist. Do the same for lv 75. Other than that the points are up to you. I suggest you get some points into damage for power and aim shot, and maybe getting their cooldown lower.

Since your going 25spr/rest str your going to need to make up for that. You can either look for end/spr or end/dex gear. Imo end/spr gear would be better later on or if you'll concentrate on pvp (extra m.def for mages). Just make sure the end on any gear is near max and a decent amount of either dex/spr.

For the style of play. I can show you how I set up my skills. Click here [X]

All I can say is have autorun set up for some place thats going to be fast for you to turn on and off. For me thats spacebar idk about you.

In case you dont know how the skills look like I'll give them a run down.

1= Hp pot
2=SP pot
3=power shot
4=aim shot
5=auto attack
6=posion shot
7=bone shot(internal bleed)
8=multi shot(I actually switched this to key 9 today)
9=venmous shot
0=piercing shot(aoe venom)
-=natures mist
==pick up

shift +1=chain cast
Scrolls
Shift+7=deeper(95 skill)
shift+8=natures speed
shift+-=natures protections.
---

Hope that helps.

● If I kill you, that means I'll be the one closest to you when you're on your deathbed●
● If anyone else kills you, I'll kill that person●

Disclaimer:150% guy I prefer the siggys with the hot babes for my own visual gratification!"

TEVA:
||Zwivix (Lv.103)[Ranger]||Holy_VanGuards||♥Nilathiel♥
||iThePirate(Lv.66)[Warrior]||VanGuards
||GardenWeasel(Lv.50)[WizMage]||VanGuards
Old 10-26-2009, 05:21 AM   #3
MikeyG
Touch all the butts

Tournaments Won: 10

In-Game Name: lnfamous
Current Level: 6x
MikeyG has disabled reputation
Send a message via Skype™ to MikeyG
Quote:
and finally i know that an archer can kill a mage reguardless of its build. my friend Skyla demonstated this on the day he changed from full dex to full str. after eatting a pill he had a duel with a mage.. it dragged out, but he came out on top.. yes thats right, a archer with no attribute points spend (lvl 89). killed a lvl 85 mage. both players using BK+9.
The mage never said his build.. but am prettysure it was probably Full INT since thats all mages seem to be able to do nowdays lol.
You know wrong, I was never beat by an archer even close to my lvl. 80% of the time I could beat the 8x +9 archers and I was lvl 69... mage definetly was doing something wrong, probably using your guide to mages.
Old 10-26-2009, 08:51 AM   #4
Sanastra
Fire Mushroom

Originally Posted by MikeyG View Post
You know wrong, I was never beat by an archer even close to my lvl. 80% of the time I could beat the 8x +9 archers and I was lvl 69... mage definetly was doing something wrong, probably using your guide to mages.
Erm, i dont know you lol.. my friend skylerz was an archer. and unless you are from EU fiesta you couldnt have been the mage he killed. finally, my guide doesnt lie unless you want to point out some skills that are not the cooldowns i said they were..

If you have an character called skylerz aswel, then sorry but this was in no way aimed at you.

Furthermore, maybe its cause of my bad english.. but you seem rather rude for someone who has nothing to do with the subject. you havent even given any archer tips. stay on the subject, or just dont comment.. if you wanna slag my guide.. do it inda mage section. i dont at anypoint remember saying that anyone HAS TO FOLLOW it. although i do know the cooldowns that were rare knowledge before are now widely known about which i hope is thanks to people sharing the information that was added to wiki. lol. goodday 2u sir

@ Zwivix. thank you so much, may i ask though, is the sp consumption really needed? i am a lover of farming bosses etc, i dont see myself ever running out of money to buy stones

Last edited by Sanastra; 10-26-2009 at 08:53 AM..
Old 10-26-2009, 02:35 PM   #5
Zwivix
AichtVeeGee4Life

Moebius Syndrome Champion!Tournaments Won: 7

In-Game Name: Zwivix|iThePirate|GardenWeasel
Current Level: 103.01| 67.10|50.24
Zwivix is a splendid one to beholdZwivix is a splendid one to beholdZwivix is a splendid one to beholdZwivix is a splendid one to beholdZwivix is a splendid one to beholdZwivix is a splendid one to beholdZwivix is a splendid one to beholdZwivix is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by MikeyG View Post
Idk when was the last time you logged on, but somethings have changed. Archers and mages are pretty even in pvp now. Well if the archer is any good he will be able to take mages his level. That is of course before lv 100...after that mages are op in pvp.
Originally Posted by Sanastra View Post
@ Zwivix. thank you so much, may i ask though, is the sp consumption really needed? i am a lover of farming bosses etc, i dont see myself ever running out of money to buy stones
For natures mist and piercing shot, yes. With the max cooldown you'll constantly cast them. It adds up quickly, but you dont have to follow that exactly. You can try it without the sp consumption, but my guess would be you'll have to restone pretty qyuickly each time to get more sp stones, and that will cut back on your farming time.

● If I kill you, that means I'll be the one closest to you when you're on your deathbed●
● If anyone else kills you, I'll kill that person●

Disclaimer:150% guy I prefer the siggys with the hot babes for my own visual gratification!"

TEVA:
||Zwivix (Lv.103)[Ranger]||Holy_VanGuards||♥Nilathiel♥
||iThePirate(Lv.66)[Warrior]||VanGuards
||GardenWeasel(Lv.50)[WizMage]||VanGuards
Old 10-26-2009, 03:43 PM   #6
MikeyG
Touch all the butts

I never said anything about me being on EU fiesta...

but yeah Zwiv I'm talking back in the 89 cap.

Furthermore, maybe its cause of my bad english.. but you seem rather rude for someone who has nothing to do with the subject. you havent even given any archer tips. stay on the subject, or just dont comment.. if you wanna slag my guide.. do it inda mage section. i dont at anypoint remember saying that anyone HAS TO FOLLOW it. although i do know the cooldowns that were rare knowledge before are now widely known about which i hope is thanks to people sharing the information that was added to wiki. lol. goodday 2u sir
If I disagree with your thread I have every right to post my opinion on what you said.
Old 10-26-2009, 07:46 PM   #7
Sanastra
Fire Mushroom

If your refering to the Mage thread.. Dude, all I did was make a guide based on my experiences. I even asked others to correct me where I wasn't sure. If you disagreed with it. Why not say sumthing back then? You choose to do it now how many months later wen the guide is prettymuch outdated. I don't really understand what you was on about with the archer v Mage thing, I was simply saying what I saw. And that was a resetted ( not attributes spent) archer murder a Mage in 1v1 after much passing of arrows and spells..

It seems like you were basically saying I was lying as if you was actually there. Then to add to your randomness you be little a guide me and a couple friends spent a fair ammount of sc while making...
If you don't like it. Make your own lol. Zwiv has prettymuch answered my question, so I have no real reason to come back here unless someone makes an on the subject point instead of voicing there opinion on stuff far inda past..

I will try out the decrease sp consumption. I do get rather annoyed wen I have to go to restone early. If I find I don't like it. Ol purchase a stone erxtender
Old 10-26-2009, 08:28 PM   #8
Yami
Lava Gargoyle

In-Game Name: Hija
Current Level: 85.99 Dx
Yami will become famous soon enough
The SP consumption really helps. Other than that Zwi pretty much covered everything.
Old 10-27-2009, 12:39 AM   #9
MikeyG
Touch all the butts

If your refering to the Mage thread.. Dude, all I did was make a guide based on my experiences. I even asked others to correct me where I wasn't sure. If you disagreed with it. Why not say sumthing back then? You choose to do it now how many months later wen the guide is prettymuch outdated. I don't really understand what you was on about with the archer v Mage thing, I was simply saying what I saw. And that was a resetted ( not attributes spent) archer murder a Mage in 1v1 after much passing of arrows and spells..

It seems like you were basically saying I was lying as if you was actually there. Then to add to your randomness you be little a guide me and a couple friends spent a fair ammount of sc while making...
If you don't like it. Make your own lol. Zwiv has prettymuch answered my question, so I have no real reason to come back here unless someone makes an on the subject point instead of voicing there opinion on stuff far inda past..

I will try out the decrease sp consumption. I do get rather annoyed wen I have to go to restone early. If I find I don't like it. Ol purchase a stone erxtender
Why do you keep bringing up the past? I'm talking about you saying archers pwn mages in THIS thread...
Old 10-27-2009, 01:30 PM   #10
Sanastra
Fire Mushroom

o i see. sorry i didnt understand. i was simply explaining a case that i had seen. and also, after the stripe back the SC suite extenders etc.. the mage around 85ish usually has about 2.9-3.6k hp. and stone heals for 1080.. no where near enough to survive archers mainly poison's power/aimshots & crits.

Am not saying its automatically won.. obviously it depends on the player, we both have beaten archers our level after 8x.. but for us, its an effort (well of me anyway.. maybe u have a full +9 set). i jump into pvp kq. with my 3k hp, shoot some people. then suddenly find a stone fly towards me critting me for sumthing like 2088 damage. thats 2/3 of my hp gone in 1 powershot. i must then quickly stone find the archer, and apply stifle or fear depending on if i feel desperate. and blast them. b4 they used up the rest of there skills to kill me. i have decent sense of my surroundings.

nowthen last question for Zwiv. the difference indamage between bow and xbow.. if u was say helping with DD on helga. which would u use?
Closed Thread