Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Old 12-28-2008, 01:30 AM   #1
Belaslav
Yank me.

In-Game Name: -quit-
Current Level: -quit-
Server: Teva
Belaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Belaslav

http://www.infpro.com/Word2MediaWiki.aspx

And the extension version:

http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extens...2MediaWikiPlus

Triumph says: Now supposedly these make the code extremely ugly in appearance. I haven't tried it yet, but those of you who want to give it a shot, just beware of the explosive Icy's retribution if it does not match.

Belaslav, update on 12/18/09: I have found a link that lists many various tools for wiki code conversion, such as Excel-to-Wiki, etc. Once again, tweak the code or else Icy will take your head off (and I'll be helping him).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikiped.../Editing_tools

Free software for Virus, Malware, Adware and Spyware protection: Avast and Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware.

Those of you using Firefox I recommend NoScript and AdBlock Plus addons.

Last edited by Belaslav; 12-18-2009 at 07:32 PM.. Reason: Comments added. Emphasis placed. New link added.
Belaslav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 04:02 AM   #2
Triumph
Wiki Head Admin

Deal or No Deal Champion!Tournaments Won: 1

In-Game Name: FFXIV
Current Level: 80
Server: Coeurl
Triumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud of
Look, a new sticky.
Triumph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 07:31 AM   #3
Belaslav
Yank me.

Belaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud of
Wow, I never thought I'd live to see the day where one of my posts gets stickied.

Free software for Virus, Malware, Adware and Spyware protection: Avast and Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware.

Old 12-28-2008, 09:48 AM   #4
Blaaaaaaaah
WONDERCLERIC

Tournaments Won: 15

In-Game Name: Bla~ahs
Current Level: 7x
Blaaaaaaaah has disabled reputation
I have used it once, long time ago when the wiki first started. Triumph is right in that it creates ugly-ish looking tables (I think) and I'm sure you'll have to do a fair bit of tweaking to have it live up to Icy's expectations. Though it does help a lot, since starting from scratch is often hard. But it's been too long ago so I don't remember much.
Old 12-28-2008, 11:38 PM   #5
Gandalfa82
Boogy

In-Game Name: Raimund
Gandalfa82 is on a distinguished road
I'm taking a look. My opion of the code is as strict as Icy's so I can let you know how far off it is.
Gandalfa82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 12:23 AM   #6
Gandalfa82
Boogy

ok, I have ran a few test of this and from what I see, well, it works.

It does work to get the job done and it will create the table. The code it generates is passable, but that is about all I can say for the code. It is very much the bare basic that you need, very hard to read or edit in the code form. A few of these problems can be avoided thought, if your using Word and doing tabs for a table put a space before and after the tab so that when converted there will be a space before and after the information inside the cell. Please note it does not change colors and things like that you will have to do all that stuff by hand.

But when you have raw data and you need to get it in Wiki format fast, I would say, use this, it works. But please tweek the tables a little bit before coping to the wiki, Icy will be having a fit if the code it generates starts popping up everywhere.

So the review is,
As a Converter - I'll give it a 9, Raw data to Wiki code can be a pain and it will convert it very fast.
As a Editor - You can decided. You have to go in and add all the niceties by hand and when you have a big table that can be a headache within itself. Now if you use the replace function (find "|" and replace with " | ", followed by find " | -" and replace with "|-") it will speed things up very much.

This and Find/Replace function is a decent Wiki editor. By far the best I have seen since it is the only one I have seen, lol.
Old 12-29-2008, 12:18 PM   #7
Icy
Huge Slime

Tournaments Won: 6

In-Game Name: おぼえていますんか?
Icy has a spectacular aura aboutIcy has a spectacular aura about
Well, I have an alternative solution to the wiki-illiteracy problem, which is to separate style and data by using lots and lots of templates, one for every table there is.

Come on, there's nothing too difficult. Should I implement Help:editing with code help?

"You should never judge a book by it's cover unless you understand what you are getting into. But anyone with eyes can determine your kind rather easily. You and Triumph are of the same breed. Egotistical, narcissists who believe that numbers are some how important. It is one's love for something that truly determines who knows more and it is without a doubt that my love for the mage class trumps yours any day."
Icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 12:04 AM   #8
Gandalfa82
Boogy

That might be a good idea, or you can just take my stand point.

I just take on whole sections myself and do all the work as fast as I can then forget half of what I was doing as something else pops up and the result is a lot of great pages but the section as a whole 1/2 done.

But help with the coding would be a nice idea, we have edit help, we might want to give help with the more complex coding structures not sure if you want to go into how to safely nest tables within tables and how to create templates when they are needed.
Old 12-18-2009, 07:33 PM   #9
Belaslav
Yank me.

Added a new link in the first post. Check it out?