Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 05-09-2008, 03:37 AM   #1
Ivramire
Where shall we wander?

Ivramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud of
Free Games

When I get bored of grinding and want to procrastinate some more, I sit down and play me some free games. A few that I enjoyed:-

Ragdoll Masters ++++

Wasn't expecting much at first when I downloaded this game. Sat down, installinated it (yes, I know that isn't a real word ;p) and checked it out.

Went to take a break 3 hours later.... I highly recommend this game based purely on the amount of fun I had playing it. I can see that this game may not be everyone's cup of tea, but I personally enjoyed it immensely. This is the only game-demo that got me to pay for the full-version.

Game Description:-
You play a Stickman. Bash other Stickmen and eventually Giants, Robots blah, blah, blah, blah, blah

Originally Posted by Official Site
Ragdoll Masters is an experiment in the world of 2D beat 'em' ups with the use of ragdoll physics. In this game you control a stylized martial arts master, making his way through stronger and stronger opponents with spectacular moves and impressive blows. It features some of the most sophisticated physics ever used in 2D games and plenty of other neat effects.

I'm playing it as I type okay...does that say something?

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
N +++++

'N' may not have next-gen graphics or the most intriguing story-line (there is none) but what it lacks in those departments it more than makes up for in creativity, ingenuity and replay value.

'N' is a platformer whose goal is to guide an agile little ninja past a plethora of traps and death-devices to an exit in the levels design.

Think of him as a Prince of Persia minus time-warping capabilities. You can also make your own maps and submit them to the greater community, time yourself against the best times ever played for a map, or simply spend all day trying to complete the make-shift single-player mode, 'N' is a lotta fun.

oh...some of the traps
*death-spikes
*mines
*homing missiles
*gatling guns
*moving walls
*mobile electrocuting blocks
*laser cannons

I once spent an hour trying to beat a certain player-created map in the freestyle mode. Once I jumped down the chasm, flipped through the air, evaded the electrocuted death traps, ducked the homing-missiles and evaded the mobile whomps, I always got hit by the laser cannon. Any game in which you use the words 'chasm', 'death-trap', 'homing-missiles', and 'laser cannon' in the same sentence is bound to be good.

*gameplay of some of the harder levels

Rise of Wesnoth +++++

First, look at some screenies.

inorite?

Rise of Wesnoth is a seriously excellent turn-based Fantasy Strategy game with RPG lements tossed into the mix. The game takes place in the World of Wesnoth (lol WoW?) across times and eras. You direct units on a hex-board and command your army to victory.

There is a wealth of races such as the Undead, Humans, Forest Elves, Desert Elves, Trolls and more, all having unique and interesting units with the potential of advancement. A feature of the game is that units can obtain experience points through combat and thereby 'evolve' to a stronger branch once enough are obtained. The single-player campaigns are a joy, highly enjoyable, challenging and long enough to be just right. The AI ain't half-bad either. Several times, I've replayed a Campaign or redone a turn to save a strong unit who died. Once a unit dies in Campaign mode, it is lost forever, sometimes necessitating redoing of turns to save a strong unit.

There is a multi-player option, where you can play against players internationally. Very well done. Also a flourishing trend of player submitted works, map-packs, campaigns, art-work for the game, music etc. provides a steady stream of new content

This game is good enough to be P2P, highly-detailed and well thought-out, I have no complaints about the game but I do have to admit that I'm stuck at certain levels on quite a few campaigns ;o

sucky trailer:-

Babo Violent 2 +++++

now this is the game only for a specific target-audience. In the spirit of Counter-Strike and Quake, Babo Violent is a top-down 4th (?) person online shooter, in which you control a spherical blob that rolls to move around. There are 3 modes of gameplay, Capture the Flag, Free-for-All, and Deathmatch.

Capture the Flag is the generic defending your team's flag while trying to capture the opposing team's and having both in possession to score.

Free-for-All is an all out no-holds barred brawl, where the goal is to kill a set number of the other players before anyone else does.

Deathmatch is another team mode where the goal is simply to kill the other team more times than they can kill you.

Gameplay is fast, frenetic and frantic. Highly recommended but you won't have much fun if you're killed by better players all the time. Try to get better and that's when you really start having fun.

*pretty decent trailer which shows the gameplay and weapons

Ground Control +++++

Ground Control is a commercial release that has somewhat recently been made
legally freely available to the masses. Ground Control is a Real-Time Strategy game like Age of Empires or Command and Conquer, but unlike those titles, GC focuses solely on the tactical command of your troops.

Originally Posted by www.answers.com/ground+control?cat=technology&gwp
Ground Control is a 2000 real-time tactics computer game developed by Massive Entertainment. It features 3D graphics and a free-floating camera which allows one to zoom in and out and view the action from any angle, from a bird's-eye view to the perspective of one's own assault units at ground level. As a real-time tactics game, Ground Control completely does away with resource and economic management. One must therefore focus all of his or her attention on controlling one's limited set of units to achieve victory.

best gameplay video I could find, music aint too good though

This is a game that prizes tactics more than brute force and Tank rushes. The enemy is about always stronger than you are and well-prepared so charging in is suicide. You only have a limited number of troops that you can deploy in any one mission, so you have to choose your unit types carefully and use them wisely. Ground Control is an immersive game, well worth the many positive reviews it received when it was first made public. There is a procedure you have to go through to download it, including signing-up for an account at a game-site, but it's well-worth it.

*this entry doesn't really do justice to the game's depth. Go here for more info.

*damn this is tiring

Last edited by Ivramire; 05-09-2008 at 08:33 AM..
Old 05-09-2008, 03:38 AM   #2
Ivramire
Where shall we wander?

Ivramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud of
*reserved*
Old 05-09-2008, 06:11 AM   #3
Ivramire
Where shall we wander?

*I doubt I'll fill 3 pages so feel free to suggest some
Old 05-09-2008, 06:20 AM   #4
MikeyG
Touch all the butts

Tournaments Won: 10

In-Game Name: lnfamous
Current Level: 6x
Server: Teva
MikeyG has disabled reputation
Send a message via Skype™ to MikeyG
battle for wesnoth looks pretty fun! ill give it a try tommorow
after school i guess.
Old 05-09-2008, 06:26 AM   #5
Esen
Mini Jewel Keeper

In-Game Name: Kayem
Current Level: 5X
Esen has much to be proud ofEsen has much to be proud ofEsen has much to be proud ofEsen has much to be proud ofEsen has much to be proud ofEsen has much to be proud ofEsen has much to be proud ofEsen has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Esen
I personally enjoy http://www.eyezmaze.com/ Not much replay value, but the stuff there is cute and nifty~ ^_^

I personally find escape room games nifty too... Unless they have creepy things in it, then I get kinda freaked out. @_@

I'm currently in search of decent free, tycoon-style/sim game. @_@

The ones you have listed are pretty nifty though. : o I may try some when bored.

zZzZzZzZz
Dragon Cave
Old 05-09-2008, 06:28 AM   #6
a.L
A to the R to the K

a.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud of
Valdis Story is a pretty cool Castlevania style game.
Old 05-09-2008, 08:53 AM   #7
Ivramire
Where shall we wander?

Originally Posted by wackyboi View Post
Valdis Story is a pretty cool Castlevania style game.

I can't put it in coz I can't play it, because it doesn't work on Vista x__X

Originally Posted by Esen View Post
I personally enjoy http://www.eyezmaze.com/ Not much replay value, but the stuff there is cute and nifty~ ^_^

I'm currently in search of decent free, tycoon-style/sim game. @_@

Lol, yeah, those are a lot of fun but I can never get them developed fully.

I'm pretty sure I have a sim game like that, I'll dig it out.
Old 05-09-2008, 10:32 AM   #8
Ninja_Medic
Marlone Archer

In-Game Name: Ninja_Medic & Tomoshibi
Current Level: 8x on both. :P
Server: Apoline FTW!
Ninja_Medic is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Ninja_Medic
I like the one with the hexagon moving system. ^^

I love those kind of games. LOL.

Ninja_Medic- Level 8x Paladin
Old 05-09-2008, 08:47 PM   #9
Esen
Mini Jewel Keeper

In-Game Name: Kayem
Current Level: 5X
Esen has much to be proud ofEsen has much to be proud ofEsen has much to be proud ofEsen has much to be proud ofEsen has much to be proud ofEsen has much to be proud ofEsen has much to be proud ofEsen has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Esen
Originally Posted by lvramire View Post
Lol, yeah, those are a lot of fun but I can never get them developed fully.

I'm pretty sure I have a sim game like that, I'll dig it out.
Yeah, it's me many tries before I can. It usually helps if I recorded somewhere.

Really!? :D

zZzZzZzZz
Dragon Cave
Old 05-09-2008, 09:07 PM   #10
Ivramire
Where shall we wander?

Lol, I played it a while while back, not sure how good it is anymore.

/still looking
Closed Thread