Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Old 12-13-2012, 08:38 AM   #1
Hessah
Hardcore Procrastinator

Burger Time Champion! Cannon Ball Follies 2 Champion!
Tournaments Won: 51

In-Game Name: Hessah / Ble~ehs
Current Level: 91 / 85 / 79 / 65 / 28
Server: Teeeeeee-vah
Hessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond repute
e-reader

Saw this awesome Sony e-reader at the store today!

http://www.cnet.com.au/sony-reader-p...7.htm#comments

So sleek, doesn't have that awful Kindle flicker...

But one stupid question.. how do I load ebooks? Can I use a Kindle account like I do with a Kindle app on the iPhone?

G____G

G____GTevaG____G
Heart___G_Hessah_G___Heart
79 - Paladin | 85 - Enchanter | 91 - Scoutxx
Ninja text! For those who's easily amused
I can show you the woooorld!
I don't want to see it!
okay...

Hessah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 05:25 PM   #2
Lirange
Bad Kid

I love my kindle D:. And it depends on the e-reader's compatibility whether it can read kindle e-books or not. I don't think non-kindle e-readers can actually buy books from the kindle store, though you can do it the illegal way if you want. But why don't you like the kindle? The new paperwhite one looks really nice.
Old 12-13-2012, 08:55 PM   #3
Hessah
Hardcore Procrastinator

Hessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond repute
I haven't really seen the latest kindles yet... but with that one... does the turning page animation turn the whole screen black?

Like it inverts the colour on the screen when it flip the pages?

Coz that's one thing about the Kindles that I had seen that bugs me..

G____G

G____GTevaG____G
I don't want to see it!
okay...

Old 12-13-2012, 09:11 PM   #4
Lirange
Bad Kid

I have the older version of the kindle touch and that doesn't happen to me.
http://www.theverge.com/2012/9/30/34...erwhite-review
According to the review, this new kindle have almost instantaneous page flipping and it doesn't look like it does the color inverting thingy. It also has a 9/10 whereas that sony has a 7/10.
Old 12-13-2012, 09:24 PM   #5
Hessah
Hardcore Procrastinator

@0.24 of that video.. it was flipping pages like normal.. and then the last one did the invert colour thing...

I hvn't got any audio... was that an option to turn the flicker on or off?

But it's cheaper than the Sony one that I saw... and I prefer to use Kindle coz I'm so use to finding books through Amazon...

But it doesn't look like we sell it here in Aust.. might have to buy it from Amazon...

G____G

G____GTevaG____G
I don't want to see it!
okay...

Old 12-13-2012, 09:45 PM   #6
Lirange
Bad Kid

Oh I see, I had to watch it twice to notice it lool. It probably happens on my kindle too then it just happens too fast that it's not much of a bother from me. I like how kindle books are much cheaper than regular books.
Old 12-13-2012, 09:47 PM   #7
Lirange
Bad Kid

This thread explains a bit of the inversion color thingy. It's used so that the pixels can refresh.
http://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=102811
I don't think it's limited to the Kindle since all e-books tend to use the same tech.
Old 12-13-2012, 09:47 PM   #8
Hessah
Hardcore Procrastinator

Loki showed me this site:

http://www.pixelofink.com/

I always get my free books from there now! They've got a version for Teens and kids too..

Some of them are evil.. they're good books but in series so they give you #1 for free, then you end up spending $3 to buy #2 and #3.. xD

But yeah.. amazon's probably the cheapest place to get books.. I had a look at one of the ebook stores that Sony recommended, and all the books are as expensive as paperbacks and has a horrible browse function...

G____G

G____GTevaG____G
I don't want to see it!
okay...

Old 12-13-2012, 11:03 PM   #9
Ralath
Bbang ggoo ddong ggoo

Tournaments Won: 36

Ralath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Ralath
Originally Posted by Hessah View Post
Loki showed me this site:

http://www.pixelofink.com/

I always get my free books from there now! They've got a version for Teens and kids too..

Some of them are evil.. they're good books but in series so they give you #1 for free, then you end up spending $3 to buy #2 and #3.. xD

But yeah.. amazon's probably the cheapest place to get books.. I had a look at one of the ebook stores that Sony recommended, and all the books are as expensive as paperbacks and has a horrible browse function...
omg lmaoo. I'm glad you noticed that too.

Ralath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 12:08 AM   #10
Hessah
Hardcore Procrastinator

Yeah I'm now careful not to get their trilogy books xD

Although usually the sequels are pretty cheap anyway.. I just.. didn't want to spend ANY money at all kekek

G____G

G____GTevaG____G
I don't want to see it!
okay...