Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 04-27-2008, 01:00 PM   #31
MaxOff
Zombie

MaxOff will become famous soon enoughMaxOff will become famous soon enough

first failed the 3th part. I started with a lot of t3 buffs active, just to realize that the monster now deal 1-4dmg on me. Because of that i could hold aggro with my heal, and the monsters were always running to the npc's .
So i made 2 strategy adjustments.

1st I noticed that the spawn points are fixed, but the position of Roumen and Elderine is not. So i moved them, with the help of the mobs(roumen and elderine att the mobs, and the mobs att/follow me). It works as long they are attacking, because after that they mov slowly back. Now the Trick: Everytime they started talking i moved up to the camp the monster spawn soon after. And because they cant find Roumen and Elderine(who are a bit behind killing a few monster) they all attack u. Now move back and wait for the next wave, but make sure to keep aggro. (aoe attacks or in cleric case:rejuvenate)

My 2nd Trick is cleric spezifc. Because i had too much def, they did not hurt me at all. So i removed my armor. That way dmg increased nicely. Why did i do that? Because Heal/Rejuvenate aggros as much as u heal: no heal no aggro. But u only aggro monster that attack the one u are healing. So u cant take aggro from the npc's that way.

Hope that will help ya. With these Trick i finished with +0 weapon and npc unharmed.

Last edited by MaxOff; 04-27-2008 at 01:05 PM..
Old 04-27-2008, 02:03 PM   #32
Lady-Loki
sane, so says the voices

Tower Defense 2007 Champion!Tournaments Won: 4

In-Game Name: Lady_Loki | Lady_Raine | Lady_Leilani | Lady_Danae | Lady_Julietta
Current Level: this changes more often than I care to update this detail
Server: Teva (main) Epith (secondary) other 2 (fallback)
Lady-Loki has disabled reputation
Originally Posted by MaxOff View Post
first failed the 3th part. I started with a lot of t3 buffs active, just to realize that the monster now deal 1-4dmg on me. Because of that i could hold aggro with my heal, and the monsters were always running to the npc's .
So i made 2 strategy adjustments.

1st I noticed that the spawn points are fixed, but the position of Roumen and Elderine is not. So i moved them, with the help of the mobs(roumen and elderine att the mobs, and the mobs att/follow me). It works as long they are attacking, because after that they mov slowly back. Now the Trick: Everytime they started talking i moved up to the camp the monster spawn soon after. And because they cant find Roumen and Elderine(who are a bit behind killing a few monster) they all attack u. Now move back and wait for the next wave, but make sure to keep aggro. (aoe attacks or in cleric case:rejuvenate)

My 2nd Trick is cleric spezifc. Because i had too much def, they did not hurt me at all. So i removed my armor. That way dmg increased nicely. Why did i do that? Because Heal/Rejuvenate aggros as much as u heal: no heal no aggro. But u only aggro monster that attack the one u are healing. So u cant take aggro from the npc's that way.

Hope that will help ya. With these Trick i finished with +0 weapon and npc unharmed.

That advice might have worked, and had I had that before I attempted I would have tried it. I used all the advice I had been given and it was fail fail fail and I was so stressed and pissed I logged off and was going to try walking away for a few days but then decided to ask a guildie to help me out.

I tried the spawn point positioning, and immediately after the spawn I would have the aggro of several, but shortly thereafter they seemed to smell blood from the ones I didn't aggro attacking idiot NPC's and like rabid hyenas they all ran for the feast.

Heal & rejuv was not, I repeat NOT doing a dam thing. Perhaps had I actually had some damage to myself to heal then heal & rejuv may have acted as aoe skills, but I was not able to keep aggro long enough to be damaged and need heal.

OR, if I could heal those dam annoying, won't stay where I can get to you and the mobs, constantly attacking & running further away dummmmmasss NPC's then maybe my heal on them would have pulled aggro. But NOOOOOOOO! the freakin Koreans, in their infinite wisdom, decided clerics don't have enough grief with hearing "buff pl0x buff pl0x buff pl0x pleeezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1!11 1!!!!!!" 600 times an hour so they had to make the L60 quest one where your primary skill is just to have patience enough to try try again. And again and again and again.

Yeah, I know I repeated my self several times in that rant, but even though it has been over a week since I was stressed to the limits by it, it still annoys the hell out of me. /rant

Thank you for that advice MaxOff. I will save it for the next cleric I see asking for advice on getting through it.

Please click my Dragon Eggs to help my babies along.

Join the FiestaFan Folding@Home team! Details, questions and comments HERE
And, just for the heck of it, you can visit my mini city to help my population grow:
<--youarehere
Closed Thread