Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 01-29-2008, 01:26 PM   #1
Ethelinde
Skeleton Archer

In-Game Name: ???
Current Level: 105
Server: A Server With Slimes In It
Ethelinde is on a distinguished road
Your Thoughts on Class Balance?

Personally I'd like to see the clerics' bleed/trip be given the stun capabilities as well as for bash to have heightened attack power. In addition to that it would be nice to clerics to do a bit more damage, only on mobs of course. A lowered level requirement for endure (with less bonuses compared to higher levels) would also be nice as it would save the higher level clerics the annoyances of having people beg them for buffs all the time. As for archers I think they're already a very powerful class, but a small reduction in the cooldown for aimed/power shots and a huge reduction in sp consumption would be welcomed. As for mages..... they're already very powerful imo (a level 40+ mage killed a level 40+ cleric in 2 shots today in gw, and that was in multiple occurances. With the new insane critical rate boost items (omg 15%) mages won't need much of a "rebalance" aside from maybe stun on lightning). My thoughts on fighters is perhaps for them to have a bit more sp so they can spam their skills and conserve a bit on pots. One thing I wonder about is why Outspark would have to tweak something that is already quite balanced from the Korean/Japanese/Chinese versions just to have players complain about it and "balance" the game and most likely mess up again.
Old 01-29-2008, 02:14 PM   #2
Amanda2_0
Speedy Honeying

In-Game Name: Amanda2_0
Current Level: 6x
Server: Teva
Amanda2_0 will become famous soon enoughAmanda2_0 will become famous soon enough
Clerics could use some better damage at higher levels we are far behind in amount of damage we deal compared to other classes. Well I don't know how it could be fixed but the clerics have too much healing power... any cleric that is good at playing their class is unkillable. Fighters need nothing if anything their power should be reduced and before any one of you high and mighty fighters think you need balance try playing a Mage/Archer. Mages/Archer need a lot of help... first off Mages have huge cool down problems and sure they are okay in parties. Solo however is not practical for the mage class. On the archer I notice SP to be a problem and that is only at lvl 30 after just firing off a few skills I go through half my SP and lower cooldowns would be helpful. For those very reasons... ever wonder why there are not many mages/archer... it is a very hard class to level if you cannot find a party. Also some people just rather solo and that leaves you with really just two classes fighter/cleric.
Old 01-29-2008, 02:18 PM   #3
Hyper
Sucked back into the 'net

In-Game Name: An occupation
Current Level: 8 hours a day
Server: 4reL-lyfe
Hyper is infamous around these partsHyper is infamous around these partsHyper is infamous around these partsHyper is infamous around these partsHyper is infamous around these partsHyper is infamous around these partsHyper is infamous around these parts
LOL. If anything, clerics should have less defense/HP. They are by far the most overpowered class. HP/SP buff + unlimited amount of heals + high def/HP = not fair at all.

Archers will probably have more skills/stats.

I hope fighters get their stats back, after that retarded patch cut them by some percentage.
Old 01-29-2008, 02:29 PM   #4
Amanda2_0
Speedy Honeying

In-Game Name: Amanda2_0
Amanda2_0 will become famous soon enoughAmanda2_0 will become famous soon enough
True, everything got messed up in stats and it was not just fighters. Less health or maybe delay on cleric heals would be a better solution.. but we do need more damage. Cuase clerics are acutally powerless... if you allow pots/stones there nothing a cleric can kill or be killed by so overpowered we are not. Only class that is overpower are fighters, fighters can kill anything even clerics that don't know what they are doing.
Old 01-29-2008, 02:53 PM   #5
Hyper
Sucked back into the 'net

In-Game Name: An occupation
Current Level: 8 hours a day
Server: 4reL-lyfe
Hyper is infamous around these partsHyper is infamous around these partsHyper is infamous around these partsHyper is infamous around these partsHyper is infamous around these partsHyper is infamous around these partsHyper is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Amanda2_0 View Post
True, everything got messed up in stats and it was not just fighters. Less health or maybe delay on cleric heals would be a better solution.. but we do need more damage. Cuase clerics are acutally powerless... if you allow pots/stones there nothing a cleric can kill or be killed by so overpowered we are not. Only class that is overpower are fighters, fighters can kill anything even clerics that don't know what they are doing.
On my fighter if we're warring, a Mage my level could kill me before I could even notice what was going on. Or if I wasn't paying attention...
Old 01-29-2008, 03:13 PM   #6
Yosei
Corgi Addict

In-Game Name: Cubyrop(WoW)
Current Level: 85
Server: Maelstrom
Yosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Yosei Send a message via Yahoo to Yosei
I think Outsparks version of Fiesta should let the mages skills be the same as BK and I will be content with mages really..
Edit: added some more
I liked how all the classes were in BK, but there were waaaaay too many mages in that game. Each class had their own damage or skill advantages when it came to soloing. I liked how mages could stun and slow. Archers could trap and poison, cleric got a bleed skill and could heal themselves, and fighters could stun and use their high defense to survive(as for fighters.. I think this is as good as its gunna get). In Fiesta, if any of the classes are over-powered, I think its fighters.. they can take hits, and they can do as much damage as a mage if they want. A mages advantage is their damage, its no longer an advantage if a fighter can do as much damage to a mage as a mage could do to them, but, the fighter has double the defense.

Last edited by Yosei; 01-29-2008 at 03:33 PM..
Old 01-29-2008, 03:24 PM   #7
NotMyWay
Dead Tree Soul

Tournaments Won: 1

In-Game Name: NotMyWay
Current Level: 屰
Server: Epith
NotMyWay is a splendid one to beholdNotMyWay is a splendid one to beholdNotMyWay is a splendid one to beholdNotMyWay is a splendid one to beholdNotMyWay is a splendid one to beholdNotMyWay is a splendid one to beholdNotMyWay is a splendid one to behold
I think class balancing might cause some people to complain, and should be done while the game is in beta testing... but if it must be done, it must be done.

Although when i first started out, and decided to become a cleric, I somehow thought that "bleed" would at least deal some bleeding damage. (it doesnt). I wouldnt say clerics are under or over powered, they may have low attack but high survivablity (against monsters), but i probably wouldnt play cleric if they had no attacking skills whatsover.
Old 01-29-2008, 03:39 PM   #8
MikeyG
Touch all the butts

Tournaments Won: 10

In-Game Name: lnfamous
MikeyG has disabled reputation
Send a message via Skype™ to MikeyG
Mage lightening bolt should stun,
making soloing so much easier
because sometimes i just wanna solo ...
Old 01-29-2008, 04:00 PM   #9
AngellicDiety
Marlone

In-Game Name: AngellicDiety
Current Level: 1 divided by zero
AngellicDiety will become famous soon enoughAngellicDiety will become famous soon enough
Those who say fighters are overpowered obviously havent played one, nor are familiar with fighters skills and abilities.

Firstly, addressing amanda, fighters damage is only achieved by using an axe.

Otherwise our 1 handed swords and 2 handed swords are weaker than a clerics hammer. Our 1 handed swords are even weaker than a clerics mace. Using an axe we sacrifice the defense of a shield meaning a cleric has more defense than an axe fighter.

If the 1-handed swords were as powerful as an axe then we would need toning down. But right now as it stands, 1 handed shield fighters do have less defense than a cleric stock because of our altered stats. If anything we need an increase.

Yes I have played both Mages and Archers. Archers need to be beefed up, and mages need to be kept the same. Mages can deal a ton of damage, but they must be ever vigilant as they do not have a whole lot of HP or defense. Fighters arent the ones needing to be toned down here. Fighters devastate has a significantly larger cooltime than the mage AOE attacks.

To those who say fighters can heal themselves - well vampiric stike is on a 2 minute cooldown.

Addressing yosei, yes we can possibly do as much damage as mages, on classes with weak defense. Against other fighters and clerics we arent so tough. However, magic damage is magic damage, not many classes have a natural immunity to magic damage. Furthermore, if your talking about balance, we have to get in close to our opponite and stun them. Whilst mages can simply blast and run so as long as they never get caught.

Fighters out of all classes is one of the stronger ones. There is no argument there. However, when it comes to balance people who dont know what its like to be a lv.40+ fighter, often call "nerf."

Yet, all the people who say we can deal damage dont realize that we can only do so with an axe.

All those people who say we have great defense, dont realize the greatest defense is achieved by a shield.

The axe tankers out there have good stat builds, or have enhanced armour. There is no reason any other class can +9 their armour as well, or distribute their stats so they may maximize the number of hits they can take.

As for my concerns about class balance, archers need the skills they have in other versions of Fiesta. Mages need to remain the same with their Frost and Inferno, they already have a significant amount of power. Clerics need some skills, as for stunning that I wouldn't agree on. It would drastically change the roles of classes if clerics were given too many offensive options. But allowing them to cast bleeding makes perfect sense. As it stands clerics may need more natural strength - yes, but a clerics hammer already does more damage than a fighters 1 handed or 2 handed swords.

Fighters, well, we are missing Beserk, but other than that we have to wait until 80+ before we start getting our new skills.

Last edited by AngellicDiety; 01-29-2008 at 04:04 PM..
Old 01-29-2008, 04:21 PM   #10
Patches
think before you type

In-Game Name: Patches
Current Level: 90 Warrior
Patches is a splendid one to beholdPatches is a splendid one to beholdPatches is a splendid one to beholdPatches is a splendid one to beholdPatches is a splendid one to beholdPatches is a splendid one to beholdPatches is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by AngellicDiety View Post
Those who say fighters are overpowered obviously havent played one, nor are familiar with fighters skills and abilities.

Firstly, addressing amanda, fighters damage is only achieved by using an axe.

Otherwise our 1 handed swords and 2 handed swords are weaker than a clerics hammer. Our 1 handed swords are even weaker than a clerics mace. Using an axe we sacrifice the defense of a shield meaning a cleric has more defense than an axe fighter.

If the 1-handed swords were as powerful as an axe then we would need toning down. But right now as it stands, 1 handed shield fighters do have less defense than a cleric stock because of our altered stats. If anything we need an increase.

Yes I have played both Mages and Archers. Archers need to be beefed up, and mages need to be kept the same. Mages can deal a ton of damage, but they must be ever vigilant as they do not have a whole lot of HP or defense. Fighters arent the ones needing to be toned down here. Fighters devastate has a significantly larger cooltime than the mage AOE attacks.

To those who say fighters can heal themselves - well vampiric stike is on a 2 minute cooldown.

Addressing yosei, yes we can possibly do as much damage as mages, on classes with weak defense. Against other fighters and clerics we arent so tough. However, magic damage is magic damage, not many classes have a natural immunity to magic damage. Furthermore, if your talking about balance, we have to get in close to our opponite and stun them. Whilst mages can simply blast and run so as long as they never get caught.

Fighters out of all classes is one of the stronger ones. There is no argument there. However, when it comes to balance people who dont know what its like to be a lv.40+ fighter, often call "nerf."

Yet, all the people who say we can deal damage dont realize that we can only do so with an axe.

All those people who say we have great defense, dont realize the greatest defense is achieved by a shield.

The axe tankers out there have good stat builds, or have enhanced armour. There is no reason any other class can +9 their armour as well, or distribute their stats so they may maximize the number of hits they can take.

As for my concerns about class balance, archers need the skills they have in other versions of Fiesta. Mages need to remain the same with their Frost and Inferno, they already have a significant amount of power. Clerics need some skills, as for stunning that I wouldn't agree on. It would drastically change the roles of classes if clerics were given too many offensive options. But allowing them to cast bleeding makes perfect sense. As it stands clerics may need more natural strength - yes, but a clerics hammer already does more damage than a fighters 1 handed or 2 handed swords.

Fighters, well, we are missing Beserk, but other than that we have to wait until 80+ before we start getting our new skills.
Amen

Fighters do not do that much damage. Fighters have very little SP and I think our skills use more SP than other classes. It is not cost effective for a fighter to solo anything that will give much EXP at all, because you have to burn through pots and stones to spam your skills.