Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 01-23-2008, 01:28 AM   #1
inchai
Slime

inchai is on a distinguished road
Pure SPR build...best balanced build ~~~ READ THIS FIGHTERS

I am just wondering...why a pure SPR build is not viable for fighters. I see builds about everything but this.

I am a 2 hand axe fighter and i am pure SPR...i am level 40 so far and with
+45 SPR i get +7% crit, 225 SP and magic defense. Let me tell you, i crit more often than I even thought I would. Even though you only get .1 % crit for each free stat after 25, at lv79, you would have over 10% crit, loads more SP (which we need more than ever) and MAGIC defense.

Fighters have very few weaknesses, one being SP and the other being magic defense. Our strength, defense and HP are already on par and with gear really don't change much from one fighter to another. With scrolls, our AIM and Evasion are also on par.

Now with full SPR and magic defense scroll, our magic defense will also now be way better than other builds. This helps for those magic mobs who seem to hit SO hard...but with SPR it cuts it down so much...also for PVP, mages now wont be hitting you as hard and you can get to them...stun...2h axe spam and its over.

I just believe pure SPR builds for a 2h fighter are so much better than full STR or 25 SPR / STR builds.

At lv40 I have 20% crit ( 7% Free stat, 8% weapon, and 5% spark outfit) . At 79 this would be above 20%... with a +9 lv70 or higher axe...your damage is already so high i don't think the +STR free stats really will make a noticable difference.

I am not saying pure SPR build is the best build, but i feel as if I am the most balanced in every field now with no major weakness ...i am on par on STR, DEX, Defense, SP (pool) , and MAGIC defense.

Can anybody else tell me how this build has any flaws except for the fact that i might not be doing top damage, or able to take the most damage, but I am right in the middle with everything with no weakness in any area.
Old 01-23-2008, 05:54 AM   #2
MikeyG
Touch all the butts

Tournaments Won: 10

In-Game Name: lnfamous
Current Level: 6x
Server: Teva
MikeyG has disabled reputation
Send a message via Skype™ to MikeyG
yeah but having health is pretty helpful for a tank
Old 01-23-2008, 05:57 AM   #3
Yosei
Corgi Addict

In-Game Name: Cubyrop(WoW)
Current Level: 85
Server: Maelstrom
Yosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Yosei Send a message via Yahoo to Yosei
My fighter had SP in its build, but it wasnt dominant.
Old 01-23-2008, 08:11 AM   #4
Sheya
Site Supporter

In-Game Name: Sheya
Current Level: 79
Sheya is on a distinguished road
Well Im sure Star gonna post soon... but Ill give a go at it haha.
You build is your and yours alone but some of those weakness you were asking for are as follows:
Minimum hp/def/blockrate
Minimum damage as far as single hits....
Yes the extra sp and magic defense is nice but mainly fighters arent tanking magic dealers. They are usually chasing them if anything or running. Because of the lack of either one of these other traits your gonna have difficult time tanking multiple mobs in higher lvls and probably gonna be stuck soloing a lot. Unless you enhance your armor and/or buy stated armor.
There is more but Im sure Star will cover it he is good at that.

Sheya - Warrior Princess Lvl 8x Proud Member of TheMilky
Eleien - Lady Archer Lvl 4x Member of Peanut_Butter
Windycaster - Sexy mage Lvl6x Member of TheMilky
Ledian - Celestial Cleric Lvl 4x GM of Reign of Chaos
Teva Server
Sheya - Warrior Princess Lvl 3x
Epith Server
Old 01-23-2008, 12:45 PM   #5
inchai
Slime

im talking about a 2hand fighter mostly

obviously for a tank i dont think this would be the right build

but I solo more often then not so I dont worry about tanking, i want to kill the mob as fast as i can

with an axe and as high crit as i have they go down in 2-3 hits, with crits 2 at most

and i think gear would help cover the minimum HP / defense etc because free stats does not cover all those aspects.

in wars, this would really help getting close to those mages and archers

vs clerics your dmg is so high with crits , with stuns you can deal through their heals
Old 01-23-2008, 01:02 PM   #6
rokaraged
Naiad Demon

In-Game Name: Renin
Current Level: Renin- TEVA THE RENIN ON BIJOU IS A IMPOSTER
Server: SANITY IS FOR THE WEAK!!
rokaraged will become famous soon enoughrokaraged will become famous soon enough
This build is not really balanced at all
It has very minimal defensive power so expect to die alot and to be pretty lacking when it comes to aoe parties.
One of your points is that the spr increase magic defense....but by how much?

45 points of spr = 22-23points of magic defense?...How helpful is that?...WORTHLESS. Regardless of how many points you throw into this stat mages WILL hit hard. At most your saving urself of 50 points of damage.

Now this build i only see as a DD
It should have some good progress in GWS ATLEAST.
The meaning of victory is not to defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his every achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can recover. That is the meaning of victory.
Old 01-23-2008, 01:44 PM   #7
inchai
Slime

^^

thats all i am really worried about anyway

like ive said before, this is for a DD fighter (2 hand) not a tank

and for GW's...this is the spec no?

and it only add minimal magic defense...but when it comes to free stats...you only get +250 HP , minimal defense, and some blocking (worthless if your a 2h) , free stat dex is worthless since you can replace with scroll, free stat STR ups your base damage so you are doing what? 75 or so more damage a swing?

All the free stats really do not make or break your character, they all add very MINIMAL bonuses. Just because a tank goes full END with free stat does not mean he will tank better than the fighter next to him who is full STR and has better +END gear.

So what i am saying is if i went pure +SPR for the crit, SP and magic defense
my gear would cover me on END and STR which fighters need.

How is that not balanced for a DD fighter?
Old 01-23-2008, 02:32 PM   #8
rokaraged
Naiad Demon

In-Game Name: Renin
Current Level: Renin- TEVA THE RENIN ON BIJOU IS A IMPOSTER
Server: SANITY IS FOR THE WEAK!!
rokaraged will become famous soon enoughrokaraged will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by inchai View Post
^^

thats all i am really worried about anyway

like ive said before, this is for a DD fighter (2 hand) not a tank

and for GW's...this is the spec no?

and it only add minimal magic defense...but when it comes to free stats...you only get +250 HP , minimal defense, and some blocking (worthless if your a 2h) , free stat dex is worthless since you can replace with scroll, free stat STR ups your base damage so you are doing what? 75 or so more damage a swing?

All the free stats really do not make or break your character, they all add very MINIMAL bonuses. Just because a tank goes full END with free stat does not mean he will tank better than the fighter next to him who is full STR and has better +END gear.

So what i am saying is if i went pure +SPR for the crit, SP and magic defense
my gear would cover me on END and STR which fighters need.

How is that not balanced for a DD fighter?
Well the title said balanced build so i assumed you were talking balanced in general but not just in DD.

Str makes a signifcant bonus actually in the long run. Str adds to weapon damage so if a full str makes about 75 extra damage a swing but 150 damage if its a crit and grows pretty quickly over time.

Of course stats wouldn't break a character but those stats do help quite a bit regardless and i never said spr would break your character. In the long run though were talking about level 60+ (you get 30 stat points if i'm correct from lvl 60 quest) your free stat points begin to make a signifcant difference.

My gist from my previous post is, it'll be a bish to level that character unless you buy full licensed items. Then it'll just be 100 times easier if you weren't a crit build.... Expect to solo...ALOT

Understand i wasn't shooting down your build anyway. SPR atm gives the most beneifit out all of the stats but they do get thier leeway later.....
The meaning of victory is not to defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his every achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can recover. That is the meaning of victory.
Old 01-23-2008, 02:34 PM   #9
-Leona-
Speedy Boogy

In-Game Name: StarLeona
Current Level: Capped
-Leona- will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to -Leona-
Quote:
Well Im sure Star gonna post soon... but Ill give a go at it haha.

LoLz, u know me Sheya ^^.

Well as far as i heard, and as far as i can imagine a full spr build WORKS pretty much identical to a full Str build. Due to really high critical rate this class is also great in PvP and if u get a shield and 1h for tanking occasions u will be fine. THERE is a very high probablity this BUILD is the best PvP build due to the fact that is becomes a mage hunting class and WE ALL KNOW mages after level 60 HIT REALLY REALLY hard .

StarLeona lvl 7x Fighter
Guild Master of Serenity
DD full str Axe Fighter 1.3k+ Defence
REMEMBER THIS NAME cuz ONE DAY WILL BE LEGEND
Old 01-23-2008, 02:44 PM   #10
inchai
Slime

my focus is going to be mostly PVP

^^ thank you for your input I studied all the stats and this was just something I noticed but never read about.

I think I am going to stick with pure SPR
Closed Thread