Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

View Poll Results: Best Production Skill For Clerics
Potion 4 23.53%
Stone 1 5.88%
Scroll 10 58.82%
Material Composition 0 0%
Material De-Composition 2 11.76%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 12-14-2007, 09:33 AM   #1
chaosmage1221
Slime

In-Game Name: chaosmage1221
Current Level: 4
Server: Teva
chaosmage1221 is on a distinguished road
Opinions on Best Production for Cleric

the title says it whats you opinon on the best production skill for clerics. I wasn't sure if this goes here or question section so I posted it here because it's kind of a cleric based question.
Old 12-14-2007, 12:07 PM   #2
jacquin
Bored Imp

jacquin is on a distinguished road
Well, I'm assuming this is your only character. If not, just get whatever production skills you don't currently have.

Given that: I'd probably say Stone and Potion production. Stone production is the official money maker production skill, so everyone needs a character that can do those. Potion production is for Sp pots, since we eat up ALOT of SP. The HP pots are useful as well, during times when you need to heal but you're taking care of the tank: potion/stone for yourself, then you won't need to stop the heal spam.
Old 12-17-2007, 09:57 AM   #3
NotMyWay
Dead Tree Soul

Tournaments Won: 1

In-Game Name: NotMyWay
Current Level: 屰
Server: Epith
NotMyWay is a splendid one to beholdNotMyWay is a splendid one to beholdNotMyWay is a splendid one to beholdNotMyWay is a splendid one to beholdNotMyWay is a splendid one to beholdNotMyWay is a splendid one to beholdNotMyWay is a splendid one to behold
You can always have multiple characters, and transfer items between them. I prefer potion and scroll production, because when you are upgrading, you will need to be in a town which has a bank/smith anyway, whereas for potion and scroll production, you can create them if you happen to find the materials while training and thus prolong the amount of time spent training. but, like jacquin said, stone production is a must have, so you may want to consider that if you dont like scroll production or another character who can produce scrolls...

The bad thing about scroll production however, is the scarcity of the materials required for the initial scrolls. also, when you get to be able to mass produce them, and each scroll lasts 1 hour, i doubt it really matters if u choose scroll production on ur main character..
Old 12-17-2007, 11:51 AM   #4
Xylem
Joker Kebing

In-Game Name: Phloem
Current Level: Shree Ex
Server: Bijou
Xylem is on a distinguished road
yea, I guess it really doesn't matter because you have 4 characters.

Anywho, I agree that potion and scrolls are the most efficient for your main character, since you can make scrolls and pots along the way :3.

For me, I got Scroll production + material decomposition to make scrolls. I hardly ever use potions coz Im a Cheapass. *blinks*. Nah, I hardly use potions because I use the stones, or I can just rest and heal my SP. Material decomposition is handy to get all that LQ stuff that you can use to make scrolls with.

And I think scrolls gives you more money than stone production. Just my Opinion, since I've never gotten past XIR before (Couldn't be bothered mining for copper ores to make Lix's lol).
Old 12-17-2007, 12:19 PM   #5
Enraya
WONDERARCHER

Enraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to behold
Lol yeah, 1 main 3 alts way to go!
Potions and scrolls are the best choice for your main, but I chose potion and stone ;___; Now I kinda regret not choosing only 1 profession for my main character, because:

If you ever get a rider, you have to get the Rider skill. 1 skill gone.
If you ever get a pickaxe, you have to get the mining skill. 1 skill gone.
I think that leaves enough for Tier 1 and Tier 2 recipes of a production skill. Wish I realized that sooner for my potion skill.

{ enraya ! }
Old 12-17-2007, 12:30 PM   #6
NotMyWay
Dead Tree Soul

Tournaments Won: 1

In-Game Name: NotMyWay
Current Level: 屰
Server: Epith
NotMyWay is a splendid one to beholdNotMyWay is a splendid one to beholdNotMyWay is a splendid one to beholdNotMyWay is a splendid one to beholdNotMyWay is a splendid one to beholdNotMyWay is a splendid one to beholdNotMyWay is a splendid one to behold
Rider and mining skills dont count as 1 of the 2 production skills u can learn... and u can learn all the skills of ur profession and can change page by clicking the left and right buttons...
Old 12-18-2007, 04:15 AM   #7
Triumph
Wiki Head Admin

Deal or No Deal Champion!Tournaments Won: 1

In-Game Name: FFXIV
Current Level: 80
Server: Coeurl
Triumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud of
Scrolls.

They are of necessity at later levels to grind with, and can save you a great deal of trouble. Making your own may be more expensive than buying from others, though.
Old 12-19-2007, 03:10 AM   #8
Enraya
WONDERARCHER

Enraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by NotMyWay View Post
Rider and mining skills dont count as 1 of the 2 production skills u can learn... and u can learn all the skills of ur profession and can change page by clicking the left and right buttons...
ZOMG are you serious!?
You just made my day xDD

{ enraya ! }
Old 01-06-2008, 12:40 AM   #9
Evilash
Speedy Honeying

In-Game Name: Tikka
Current Level: 30
Server: Bijou
Evilash has a little shameless behaviour in the past
i got stone and scrolls myself
stone is good for making money and i like scrolls but it helps we solo questing
its realy nice
Old 01-08-2008, 06:06 PM   #10
booyah8876
.:~*♥*~:.

In-Game Name: booyah8877
Current Level: 88.65
booyah8876 is a splendid one to beholdbooyah8876 is a splendid one to beholdbooyah8876 is a splendid one to beholdbooyah8876 is a splendid one to beholdbooyah8876 is a splendid one to beholdbooyah8876 is a splendid one to beholdbooyah8876 is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via ICQ to booyah8876 Send a message via Yahoo to booyah8876 Send a message via Skype™ to booyah8876
I can't vote, but if I could... totally going with scrolls... I also save my mats... I'm not going for the highest xp in scrolls right now, I'm going for what I need personally. When I run low on a certain scroll, then I just go back to my storage, and make whatever I need to keep my stacks of buffs up ^^

I also chose potion making, but I never followed on that one. >.>;;

Originally Posted by el eye Zee
Lol. He said, "I'll punch you in the boob." and I was like, "I'll punch you in the bawlz and we both know that hurts more D<" and he was like, "I won't let you." and I was like, "d00d.. ur a tiny piece of sheet. u punch, i punch. mine will hurt more." and then he was like, "People are probably talking to me. g2g."
I pay to play the RL MMORPG, College. 4 years grinding in college gets you a piece of paper for the rest of your life and you can buy enough stuff to +9 your car//house.

liZ
Closed Thread