Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 12-04-2007, 04:40 AM   #1
FiestaBoy07
Mushroom

FiestaBoy07 is on a distinguished road
Need Help With Cleric

Hi, I am thinking of starting a cleric on Fiesta but i need to know what stats to get up. So far i have 2 options

Spr and End (25 Spr then max end)
or
End and Str (2:1)

Plz can someone tell me which one is the better one to choose
Old 12-04-2007, 05:11 AM   #2
Xylem
Joker Kebing

In-Game Name: Phloem
Current Level: Shree Ex
Server: Bijou
Xylem is on a distinguished road
I guess it depends on what you like really.

I got my END cleric to lvl 22, then i made another cleric (STR and SPR) and I got him to level 30 =). I think they'll both survive well, it just depends on if you crave big damage with criticals, or crave the tankiness and the HP of END.
Old 12-04-2007, 05:20 AM   #3
Hessah
Hardcore Procrastinator

Burger Time Champion! Cannon Ball Follies 2 Champion!
Tournaments Won: 51

In-Game Name: Hessah / Ble~ehs
Current Level: 91 / 85 / 79 / 65 / 28
Server: Teeeeeee-vah
Hessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond repute
I'm a SPR25 + END cleric... this build works well for me when i get my Green weapon + License... coz it gives me the max crit rate i could get... not to mention the extra SP and stuff i get from SPR...

STR gives u constant greater dmg, but I chose to make up the difference by empowering Bash...

But then again, this is my personal choice.. but i see that SPR is more useful than STR, simply coz it attributes more than one element (SP, M. Def*, and crit rate), while STR only attributes to one element - Damage.

* I cant remember if it's M Def it increases, but i'm sure SPR contributes to 3 elements

G____G

G____GTevaG____G
Heart___G_Hessah_G___Heart
79 - Paladin | 85 - Enchanter | 91 - Scoutxx
Ninja text! For those who's easily amused
I can show you the woooorld!
I don't want to see it!
okay...

Old 12-04-2007, 05:26 AM   #4
Xylem
Joker Kebing

In-Game Name: Phloem
Current Level: Shree Ex
Server: Bijou
Xylem is on a distinguished road
You know... I personally find the bash skill to be not that effective as a STR cleric. Let's say i do normally 120 damage. When i use the skill, I do only 240 damage. The time that it takes to cast the skill is about the same time it takes for my cleric to hit twice...

So it's better to use bash with non-str for a more effective hit?
Old 12-05-2007, 07:32 PM   #5
indulge
Slime

indulge is on a distinguished road
I have a question also. I originally was thinking I going to do the +25 spr then 2:1 end/spr build. But as I've been leveling I've realized I would rather be more tanky , being able to solo better and farm stuff for production.

I have like 3or 4 unspent freepoints because I have been unsure what route I wanna go. I'm nearly 19 now with 15 points in spr and the leftovers sitting to be used. Will I still turn out ok, if I just stop at 15 spr and start going all end now?
Old 12-05-2007, 09:15 PM   #6
Triumph
Wiki Head Admin

Deal or No Deal Champion!Tournaments Won: 1

In-Game Name: FFXIV
Current Level: 80
Server: Coeurl
Triumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud of
A END:SPR cleric is support. Trust me when I say this, but they truly fail at soloing. There is NO power whatsoever compared to a STR:END cleric.

I realize I offend about 90% of the cleric population, but it's true. If you want to solo frequently and/or farm, then STR:END is a better build, since your time efficiency is 3x greater.

Why?

A 1:! STR/END cleric kills about three times faster than a 1:1 END/SPR cleric.
Old 12-06-2007, 12:38 AM   #7
Blaaaaaaaah
WONDERCLERIC

Tournaments Won: 15

In-Game Name: Bla~ahs
Current Level: 7x
Server: Teva
Blaaaaaaaah has disabled reputation
Originally Posted by Triumph View Post
A END:SPR cleric is support. Trust me when I say this, but they truly fail at soloing. There is NO power whatsoever compared to a STR:END cleric.

I realize I offend about 90% of the cleric population, but it's true. If you want to solo frequently and/or farm, then STR:END is a better build, since your time efficiency is 3x greater.

Why?

A 1:! STR/END cleric kills about three times faster than a 1:1 END/SPR cleric.
Lmao I'm END:SPR cleric and I agree. We do suck at soloing. I tried it and it's not fun. Not at all. We are raised to support people, and that's what we'll be doing for the rest of our lives. =[

Anyway, yeah, I agree with Triumph. SPR:END if you wanna support, STR:END if you wanna solo.
Old 12-06-2007, 08:16 AM   #8
indulge
Slime

indulge is on a distinguished road
So since I'm only 18 should I reroll and go all end till 20 then start on strength? Or just start putting str:end now?

Then again..rerolling would be hell it was sooo slow to get to 18
Closed Thread