Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 10-23-2007, 11:40 AM   #11
_JunShyr_*FTW*
Ice Vivi

Tournaments Won: 16

In-Game Name: Zidane
Current Level: 93
Server: Cypion
_JunShyr_*FTW* is on a distinguished road

Staffs and bows should maybe gain more evade for that part where fighters and clerics have block? That would work better possibly as staffs and bows can be rather quick weapons.
Old 10-23-2007, 12:07 PM   #12
Grudger
Blue Crab

In-Game Name: Ryengeku
Current Level: 5x
Server: Epith
Grudger is an unknown quantity at this point
Archers could wear one of those mini shields on one arm to block
Old 10-23-2007, 12:11 PM   #13
Dynamics
Karasian Solider

Tournaments Won: 5

In-Game Name: Dynamics
Current Level: OVER NINE THOUSANDDDDDDDDDDDDD!
Server: under your bed
Dynamics is a name known to allDynamics is a name known to allDynamics is a name known to allDynamics is a name known to allDynamics is a name known to allDynamics is a name known to all
It's perfectly plausible that a person blocks with any weapon. People thinking that staves and bows are fragile clearly haven't ever handled them in real life. With staves, I'm talking about combat staves of course, but magic staves and combat staves would essentially be the same. Bows aren't so fragile, they've been known to be used to block sword attacks and what not before.
Old 10-23-2007, 12:22 PM   #14
PwnageCleric
Boogy Knight

In-Game Name: Villi
Server: Teva
PwnageCleric is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to PwnageCleric
maybe think of blocking with bare hands eek.
You can actually block a swordhit by hand if you know some things xD
So if we go to real life thingy, all characters should be able to wear some mini knives to stab, know some asian kickass moves etc. -.-
it's just a game so yeah, if you would make all characters block it would be weird from that point i guess because as i get all Characters in Fiesta are kids. watch the size and what we looks like. xD
And for another example you can take Blahs drawings ^^ the lil fiesta kiddies with big boobs
So i guess that we aint some ninja-babies nor superbabies so no blocks are needed ^^

btw: super-ninja-babies kick asses ! ^^

CB1 -

CB2 * PwnageCleric * lvl33

Teva * PwnageCleric * lvl24
Teva * PwnageMage * lvl20
Teva * Villi *lvl 2x Warrior(MAIN)

Apoline * PwnageMage * lvl20
Apoline * Lover *lvl29 Warrior
Apoline * PwnageLover *lvl 25 Cleric

Old 10-23-2007, 12:34 PM   #15
rokaraged
Naiad Demon

In-Game Name: Renin
Current Level: Renin- TEVA THE RENIN ON BIJOU IS A IMPOSTER
Server: SANITY IS FOR THE WEAK!!
rokaraged will become famous soon enoughrokaraged will become famous soon enough
I kinda have to disagree, while end does need to be revamped a little i think block should only pertain to classes that will fight in melee.

I mean c'mon compare a mage staff to a equivalent of a fighter's axe/2handed sword...If you TRIED blocking with that it would break
The meaning of victory is not to defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his every achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can recover. That is the meaning of victory.
Old 10-23-2007, 12:46 PM   #16
azelz
Mushroom Fighter

In-Game Name: Zanez
Current Level: 5
Server: Apoline
azelz is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to azelz Send a message via MSN to azelz Send a message via Yahoo to azelz
i agree with this except for archers. what archers should have i think is kinda a more evade kinda thing. you know because we would want balanced classes
Old 10-23-2007, 12:54 PM   #17
Dynamics
Karasian Solider

Tournaments Won: 5

In-Game Name: Dynamics
Current Level: OVER NINE THOUSANDDDDDDDDDDDDD!
Server: under your bed
Dynamics is a name known to allDynamics is a name known to allDynamics is a name known to allDynamics is a name known to allDynamics is a name known to allDynamics is a name known to all
I think endurance should benefit all classes equally. Why should an archer invest points into endurance only to not benefit completely from what it gives? It won't upset the balance of the game terribly in my opinion. Block occurs quite rarely, but it could be life saving.

I'm aware I brought the whole real life argument in, but that was purely an example case for people who were wondering how exactly block would be brought about by a bow, staff, two handed sword or axe. It wouldn't be completely illogical for it to be implemented into the game.

Quote:
I mean c'mon compare a mage staff to a equivalent of a fighter's axe/2handed sword...If you TRIED blocking with that it would break

I suppose I could argue that the mage could imbue a burst of magic into their staff making it temporarily unbreakable, or that Smith Karls had tempered all weapons with the same steel. It wouldn't be outside the realm of possibility in a game based on fantasy afterall.

But let's swing this back into the real question, and avoid discussing trivial details like whether or not it's "realistic." I'm just asking, would you find this more fair, and why?
Old 10-23-2007, 12:59 PM   #18
Lilian
Entwined Destiny

In-Game Name: Fuujinn // Lilian
Current Level: Divide by zero.
Lilian is a name known to allLilian is a name known to allLilian is a name known to allLilian is a name known to allLilian is a name known to allLilian is a name known to all
With the whole realistic-issue aside, I think enabling blocking to all classes would indeed be more fair. There is no reason to limit it to just meleeing characters other than the "realistic aspect".

Fighters and clerics already have higher defense than mages and archers, and they both get evade just like mages and archers do. (archers to a higher degree) Whereas, mages and archers (and exclusively 2H fighters) simply lack blocking altogether.

When a block occurs, it means no damage whatsoever. Adding this to a cleric who is already ridiculously hard to kill makes no sense to me. >_>
Old 10-23-2007, 01:05 PM   #19
azelz
Mushroom Fighter

In-Game Name: Zanez
Current Level: 5
Server: Apoline
azelz is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to azelz Send a message via MSN to azelz Send a message via Yahoo to azelz
Lets just put it in a simple terms. it would be fair for all classes to have block . but i also agree with the one who said only certain weapons would have block. or maybe you can add it on ur weapon when u are enhancing your weapon. for archers in this case can add some sort of natural magic of som sort to block while mages use their magic and fighters and clerics can simply use their sowrds or shields. i completely agree adding block to all classes
Old 10-23-2007, 03:45 PM   #20
PwnageCleric
Boogy Knight

In-Game Name: Villi
PwnageCleric is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to PwnageCleric
why the fuck do mages need shield block anyways ? just spam skills be4 you die, you dont have to kill high lvl mobs.
And about archers, kinda same thing but you have more hp when a mob aggros you.

+ the block rate is about 5% maybe ?
which means 1 mishit per 20 ?

clerics/warriors usually take all those in 1 or 2 mobs, so 1 mishit doesnt do anything -.-

So i have no fucking idea what's the deal -_-
Anyways discussing such things in here is kinda pointless, None will pay attention to this and stuff. If you want something like that mail the Outspark's Fiesta team and they'll do it if they like the idea, if not, nothing will happen.
.....PointLess Thread...

CB1 -

CB2 * PwnageCleric * lvl33

Teva * PwnageCleric * lvl24
Teva * PwnageMage * lvl20
Teva * Villi *lvl 2x Warrior(MAIN)

Apoline * PwnageMage * lvl20
Apoline * Lover *lvl29 Warrior
Apoline * PwnageLover *lvl 25 Cleric

Closed Thread