Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 12-05-2007, 12:05 PM   #1
KingShay
Mushroom

KingShay is on a distinguished road
Iam lvl 20,and i need help.

hi,well i just get to lvl 20 with my aracher.
and i got this stat:
+ 9 str
+6 dex
+4 spr
(and i have more 1 point)
iam doing str,dex,spr.
so i want to ask,what to choose?
xbow or bow?
i mean what will be better for my build?
and i want to know if my build is good.
(maybe its not the best one,but i want to know if i will be strong like other archers)
Old 12-05-2007, 12:20 PM   #2
secbro20
Currently Gameless

secbro20 is a splendid one to beholdsecbro20 is a splendid one to beholdsecbro20 is a splendid one to beholdsecbro20 is a splendid one to beholdsecbro20 is a splendid one to beholdsecbro20 is a splendid one to beholdsecbro20 is a splendid one to behold
In my opinion, any build with any character that goes with three stats isn't gonna be that great. Focus on two stats and use stat boosting items to increase the 3rd stat ( rings/equips) Adding points to three stats doesn't really make you strong in one category, and it makes you average in the rest of them. I'd focus on two stats.
->Check my Progress<-

Once a G____G, always a G____G
Old 12-05-2007, 12:30 PM   #3
KingShay
Mushroom

but if i will do 3 stat,and with the rings i will do also 3 stat,its will be the same as if i do 2 and 1 with rings,no?
Old 12-05-2007, 12:32 PM   #4
secbro20
Currently Gameless

secbro20 is a splendid one to beholdsecbro20 is a splendid one to beholdsecbro20 is a splendid one to beholdsecbro20 is a splendid one to beholdsecbro20 is a splendid one to beholdsecbro20 is a splendid one to beholdsecbro20 is a splendid one to behold
So...you're gonna do 3 stats with rings?
->Check my Progress<-

Old 12-05-2007, 12:47 PM   #5
.o0O0O0o.
Robo

Tournaments Won: 1

In-Game Name: Aelfis
Current Level: 43
Server: teva
.o0O0O0o. is on a distinguished road
Dex is bit useless to archers. They already have a high aim and in higher levels you won't need to dodge, since most mob will get a hit no matter what. I'd say go for 25 SPR then rest into STR.

Wruh - level 26 Cleric
Oniruka- level 11 Fighter (vendor)
click here to spank me!! NOW!!
Old 12-05-2007, 12:56 PM   #6
KingShay
Mushroom

bahhh everone say other thinigs,that why i did 3 stat.
some say that str is useless for aracher
some say that dex is useless
i gusses i will stay with 1:1:1 (str,spr untill 25,and dex)

so what is better for my build?
xbow or bow?
Old 12-05-2007, 12:57 PM   #7
secbro20
Currently Gameless

X-Bow is better over all for most or all builds I think. As an archer your gonna be spamming skills, so attack speed isn't really that important. Also, X-bows have a higher crit than regular bows, and more crit % is always worth it
->Check my Progress<-

Old 12-05-2007, 12:59 PM   #8
KingShay
Mushroom

o,ok thx
then i will take xbow
Old 12-05-2007, 01:15 PM   #9
Fr0Z3nWind
King Spider

In-Game Name: -nil-
Current Level: -nil-
Server: -nil-
Fr0Z3nWind will become famous soon enough
get str and end ring <- IMPT
if u cant find the rings with those 2 stats, find a plain old end ring
try to get KM/ZK/GGK xbows and such with stats
greatly boost ur leveling speed
as above, get end n str ones
Old 12-05-2007, 01:24 PM   #10
Ethelinde
Skeleton Archer

In-Game Name: ???
Current Level: 105
Server: A Server With Slimes In It
Ethelinde is on a distinguished road
Get either 25 SPR rest DEX or full SPR. So what if mobs get to land a few blows on you? The point of DEX is meant for guild wars (where those idiotic fighters/clerics/even mages miss you 9 out of 10 hits). Also from my two archers it seems the one with higher DEX gets the effects on targets easier (bleed/poison/etc.) STR is absolutely useless in higher levels since critical hits easily make up for the meager 120~ damage. With a nature's agility scroll on top of your points in DEX and the percentage bonus (this means aside from points added directly you get even more bonus.. for example you have 400 base + 70 dex bonus from points you get another percentage added, say only 10% which would be 470 x 0.1 + 470 = 517 evasion. Not to mention that your aim also receive a percentage bonus. Never waste your points on STR and buy the "archers are supposed to do damage so heighten your damage" crap. If you want STR you might as well go full SPR, since full SPR archer do way more damage compared to archers with any level of STR. P.s. crossbow is the way to go for my recommended build. Ps with parties around my level I always do most damage. I outdamage and outaggro archers 10 levels higher than me at times. Also it's very important to party up with others early on to level as fast as possible, or things will go slow/painfully boring for you, but once you hit the mark you will rock in guild wars (is there any fun to fight mobs at level 60+ ?)

Also stats you should avoid: INT (duh), END (you are not meant to take hits, you kite and let your DoT do the killing), and STR (don't really need it)

Btw if you do decide to go STR either bow or xbow would work, but if you go full STR bow is obviously the best choice (you fire those 120~ damages at higher frequency).

Last edited by Ethelinde; 12-05-2007 at 01:32 PM..
Closed Thread