Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 05-19-2008, 01:04 AM   #1
Lady-Loki
sane, so says the voices

Tower Defense 2007 Champion!Tournaments Won: 4

In-Game Name: Lady_Loki | Lady_Raine | Lady_Leilani | Lady_Danae | Lady_Julietta
Current Level: this changes more often than I care to update this detail
Server: Teva (main) Epith (secondary) other 2 (fallback)
Lady-Loki has disabled reputation
X-Trap & Fiesta

Just a quick update to those who doubt anything ever gets fixed or doubts Outspark listens.

I had the x-trap issue both times Outspark deployed x-trap. I also worked with the support group to see if the problem could be resolved.

With the first deployment I sent all the specifics regarding my system and what applications I was running. Eventually Outspark removed x-trap, but it was later deployed again. I had x-trap issues again. This time, on a hunch, I removed my Internet Monitoring software and the x-trap issue went away.

I chose not to reinstall the software hoping that since my 13-yr old granddaughter who likes to test the limits would remain cautious since she was well aware of my having installed monitoring software to begin with. All was well and good, Outspark has deployed a few patches, life has just puttered on and then there was this weekend, and once again my 13-yr old granddaughter gave me cause to be concerned over her internet travels and I reinstalled the Internet Monitoring program. Only this time, with great relief, it is working with Fiesta & x-trap.

So, it may have taken a little time, but I truly believe that the effort I put into documenting all the specifics as well as providing images of processes running on my system and providing the specifics on the Internet Monitoring program helped the support group to work out the compatibility issue for me, and hopefully for others with this specific program. If all others with x-trap issues were to go to the extra effort to provide all (all to the point of more than they need) specifics, details and images, then perhaps over time the x-trap issue will be resolved for many more.

So yeah, they actually are working on these issues.

Originally Posted by Lady-Loki View Post
I now have Fiesta running on the second computer. Below is the e-mail I just sent to Outspark on how I resolved the problem.

Quote:
Date: 2/22/2008 2:21:28 PM
To: support@outspark.com
Subject: Re: [#####]: Unable to Connect After Patch - X-Trap Issue

The messages below are regarding a ticket I opened the first time x-trap was deployed. The x-trap application was subsequently removed and the problem was cleared up, however, with the recent patch and re-deployment of x-trap the problem returned.

As such I have tried many of the old and unsuccessful attempts to resolve the issue, and again, to no avail. This time I decided to test the theory that there may be a conflict between the x-trap application and Spector Pro Internet Monitoring software. I un-installed Spector Pro and am again able to access Fiesta. The only conclusion in light of these efforts is that there is absolutely, without doubt, a conflict between the x-trap application and Spector Pro Internet Monitoring software.

This is somewhat troubling since I have a 13-year old granddaughter who I feel should be monitored when she is on the InterNet. Of course I can install & un-install over and over according to what application or activity the grandchildren wish to have going on that particular PC, but that is cumbersome and annoying.

That said, I would hope that with this information in hand someone in your companies IT department can research this conflict and hopefully find a resolution for those of us who need to monitor kids on the InterNet.

Please advise. Thank you,
<deleted for privacy>
Outspark ID Lady-Loki
For those under someone elses rule (i.e. you are still young and momma still has say so) the issue may very well be Internet monitoring software, and there may be nothing that's gonna fix it for you unless momma decides she doesn't need to monitor you anymore.

Please click my Dragon Eggs to help my babies along.

Join the FiestaFan Folding@Home team! Details, questions and comments HERE
And, just for the heck of it, you can visit my mini city to help my population grow:
<--youarehere
Old 05-19-2008, 01:37 AM   #2
Hessah
Hardcore Procrastinator

Burger Time Champion! Cannon Ball Follies 2 Champion!
Tournaments Won: 51

In-Game Name: Hessah / Ble~ehs
Current Level: 91 / 85 / 79 / 65 / 28
Server: Teeeeeee-vah
Hessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond repute
It's all those "invisible" work by Outspark, or rather the Staff Members, that gets unnoticed... they work hard trying to solve every individual issues and they still get hammered about not doing this and that...

while we're on the topic of people doubting Outspark..

Here's the prove that Outspark really donated to Plant Trees on Earth Day...

http://www.treesftf.org/partnerships/partner.htm

G____G

G____GTevaG____G
Heart___G_Hessah_G___Heart
79 - Paladin | 85 - Enchanter | 91 - Scoutxx
Ninja text! For those who's easily amused
I can show you the woooorld!
I don't want to see it!
okay...

Old 05-19-2008, 02:23 AM   #3
Falcomist
Bored Boar

In-Game Name: Falcomist
Falcomist will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Falcomist Send a message via MSN to Falcomist
Originally Posted by Hessah View Post
It's all those "invisible" work by Outspark, or rather the Staff Members, that gets unnoticed... they work hard trying to solve every individual issues and they still get hammered about not doing this and that...

while we're on the topic of people doubting Outspark..

Here's the prove that Outspark really donated to Plant Trees on Earth Day...

http://www.treesftf.org/partnerships/partner.htm
oh wow it was legit on the plant the tree day xD.

Old 05-19-2008, 02:40 AM   #4
Ulrike
Senior Torturer

In-Game Name: Ulrike
Current Level: 6x
Server: Bijou
Ulrike will become famous soon enoughUlrike will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Ulrike
well, hopefully by the time I end my Fiesta-hiatus-fest X-trap will be fixed :|

:: reflection ::

set by loveless
Old 05-19-2008, 06:59 AM   #5