Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Old 10-27-2009, 10:17 PM   #61
Ivramire
Where shall we wander?

Ivramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Jikanu View Post
Back it up with evidence, then, be it moral or factual.

Wait, moral evidence?
Ivramire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 10:39 PM   #62
Yami
Lava Gargoyle

In-Game Name: Hija
Current Level: 85.99 Dx
Server: Teva
Yami will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by aramil001 View Post
IO still believe that abortion is a good idea.
When is it a good idea? All the time? Imagine lots of young girls being irresponsible and having unprotected sex because they can just get an abortion like if something goes wrong. I don't think it should be taken as a light decision. Yes, I'm pro abortion, but you should be responsible in the first place and make sure you don't get pregnant if you're not planning to or you can't take care of the baby (there are women that get pregnant while it's not planned, yet the baby is welcome and can be taken care of by the parents). Use double protection, even better.
Old 10-27-2009, 11:15 PM   #63
Hessah
Hardcore Procrastinator

Burger Time Champion! Cannon Ball Follies 2 Champion!
Tournaments Won: 51

In-Game Name: Hessah / Ble~ehs
Current Level: 91 / 85 / 79 / 65 / 28
Server: Teeeeeee-vah
Hessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond repute
I just wiki'd abortion in my country (coz I don't even know if it's legal here HAHA)

There was a part that talked about the mental health of the woman..

I wonder if being stressed out due to an unwanted pregnancy falls in the mental health catagory...

G____G

G____GTevaG____G
Heart___G_Hessah_G___Heart
79 - Paladin | 85 - Enchanter | 91 - Scoutxx
Ninja text! For those who's easily amused
I can show you the woooorld!
I don't want to see it!
okay...

Hessah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 11:35 PM   #64
Jikanu
Lizardman

In-Game Name: Jikanu
Current Level: 46
Jikanu will become famous soon enoughJikanu will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Ivramire View Post
Wait, moral evidence?
Meh. it annoys me to a degree when people say that there's no such thing as a deffinite moral. It's a copout. For example, murder is wrong, regardless of other people's views on it.
Old 10-27-2009, 11:39 PM   #65
Ralath
Bbang ggoo ddong ggoo

Tournaments Won: 36

Ralath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Ralath
That's not a cop-out. That's a fact. A moral absolute would have to have so many stipulations on it. I can probably think of ONE moral absolute off the top of my head.

Even though you say murder is wrong, what if one murder saved the lives of the rest of the world?

Ralath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 11:54 PM   #66
Hessah
Hardcore Procrastinator

Hessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond repute
Or in a more related issue, if a to-be-mother needs to have an abortion (if you call that murder) to save her life. She may be able to get better and deliver more children in the future.

Is that still wrong?

G____G

G____GTevaG____G
I don't want to see it!
okay...

Old 10-28-2009, 12:13 AM   #67
Loveless
Super Moderator

In-Game Name: Espei
Loveless has disabled reputation
Even if you took every precaution to have safe sex. The pill, a condom, or whatever else is out there... it is possible for, albeit a small percentage, a woman to still become pregnant.

Yet they have no means of taking care of that child financially or even mentally prepared. Should they be denied the option of abortion? They hadn't done anything 'wrong'... they did everything they can to be safe but cannot give the child a life.

And it shouldn't be assumed that they came upon the decision to abort so easily. Granted there are idiots out there... it is a stressful situation. Not only did they conceive a child unexpectedly but now they will have to either go through with it or abort it. One can only hope that they will have learned an important lesson at a cost of a life.

I don't think it really matters what you or I think about abortion in the end. It is a choice between the couple regardless of their reasons for having chosen that path.
Loveless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 01:19 PM   #68
Jikanu
Lizardman

In-Game Name: Jikanu
Current Level: 46
Jikanu will become famous soon enoughJikanu will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Hessah View Post
Or in a more related issue, if a to-be-mother needs to have an abortion (if you call that murder) to save her life. She may be able to get better and deliver more children in the future.

Is that still wrong?
Hessah, i believe i stated something about this earlier. let me find the post... ah. here it is:

Adoption Agencies, anyone?

1% chance of the baby reaching happiness someday > 0% chance, in my belief.

personally, i think abortion should only be considered if the mother's life is directly at risk. there ARE adoption agencies out there. and besides, once you've had sex, you know what can happen. it's one of the risks you have to accept when you preform the act. :/
Also, i'd like to emphasize the "Considered" part.

@Loveless: While i agree it's a horrible situation to be in, once you have sex, you accept every single risk that comes with it, including STD's and pregnancy. While it's "unfair", to a degree, sex exists for procreation, and although using it for pleasure is a personal decision, and i dont have a problem with it, you take all risks that come with it. If you DO get pregnant, there ARE alternatives. There are plenty of families who cant get pregnant, or would be happy to take in a child. Even if that doesnt work, as i said before, an adoption agency or foster family offers at least a 1% chance at happiness, a chance to live. Abortion takes away all possible chances.

Last edited by Jikanu; 10-28-2009 at 01:25 PM..
Jikanu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 04:52 PM   #69
Loveless
Super Moderator

In-Game Name: Espei
Loveless has disabled reputation
So, then you are saying that for that 1% the woman or even that girl should go through with the 9 months of pregnancy? And then even later find out that their child whom they thought would be happier being born does not find that 1% of happiness.

That is a slim chance you're going on. I'm not exactly pro-abortion or am I against it but just saying they might find happiness isn't going to give a mother peace. Especially when they do not exactly hate the child but just couldn't take care of it for whatever the reason.

Yes, there are families who cannot get pregnant or would take in a child. But there are just as many of the same people who cannot have a child due to other reasons. Wanting and being able to have is different. A child cannot live on "oh, someone did want to take care of you."
Loveless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 11:01 PM   #70
Hessah
Hardcore Procrastinator

For example, murder is wrong, regardless of other people's views on it.
Also, i'd like to emphasize the "Considered" part.
Ahh, see? Even you have exceptions. So it's wrong, BUT not always wrong, so is it wrong?

And, that 1% of happiness, to trade with 99% chance of torture, sounds pretty inhuman... (even though it's an exaggeration, the odds doesnt sound good)

G____G

G____GTevaG____G
I don't want to see it!
okay...