Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 08-29-2008, 12:41 AM   #1
ZynneTeva
Site Supporter

Current Level: 60
Server: Cypion
ZynneTeva is on a distinguished road
Solo build (Mage)

I just started playing this game a week or so ago and I was looking up mage builds. It seems that most of the builds are 25SPI rest INT or whatnot.

I have speced the following:

2:1 INT/END ratio.

Currently I have 24 INT 12 SPI and it seems to work pretty well.

I am a cash shop whore so I can give myself 20% bonus damage, and buy all of the crit gear to make this build not so gimp.

For any mages that frequent the cash shop I would recommend the following items:

2700 - HP/SP Extender 50%
1850 - HP Magic Potion
2800 - XP Boost
2500 - Hunters War Rant
0900 - "Menian" Set

Several of the items are rather obvious choices.

-More HP/SP = less downtime = more XP
-You can spam this pot with only the global cooldown. Critical item to have.
-20% more XP = Each level costs you ~20% less time.
-More drops = more quest drops = faster quest completion.
-You look gay but the added def helps.
Old 08-29-2008, 12:45 AM   #2
Loveless
Super Moderator

In-Game Name: Espei
Loveless has disabled reputation
That's the build my Mage has. Don't forget END based equipment.

I didn't bother with the CS purchases but it works well. Just a little less squishy.
Old 08-29-2008, 12:53 AM   #3
ZynneTeva
Site Supporter

Originally Posted by Loveless View Post
That's the build my Mage has. Don't forget END based equipment.

I didn't bother with the CS purchases but it works well. Just a little less squishy.
Im only level 30 so finding good equips for me is kinda hard. Eventually, id love to have END on everything I have ;-) if I could pick dream gear, my ratios would be something like

For every 100 stats:

50 INT
25 END
20 DEX
5 SPI

Dont get me wrong, I like crit, but at this rate im going to be getting one-shotted every time I get hit post 40 lol. Yes, im a survivalist I guess ;-)
Old 08-29-2008, 01:00 AM   #4
koager
Prisoner

In-Game Name: Krashaken
Current Level: Squishy Kitty wizMage
Server: Epith
koager is on a distinguished road
I solo but I'm still doing 25spr rest int
then end got into mage builds because some people just dont like the low def and low hp
but also because of how I see most people play
THEY JUST STAND THERE TO TAKE HITS FROM MOBS WHILE WAITING FOR COOLDOWNS
run f00s!
I do this kite/trend fighting method and if the slow from icebolt sticks I don't get hit, otherwise I just get hit once or twice and that's not a big problem.
Having 25spr and rest int gives me high damage and a really good crit rate which then doubles my already high damage
25 spr = +5% crit
so that 5% + 6% from wand + earrings + and then if you have +crit CS items = 11% crit + (earrings depend and I don't know about CS items)
I only have like 9% crit right now but it actually crit like 70%+ of the time.
High damage + awesome crit rate = I can kill a mob under 10 seconds without getting hit and thus I don't need end.
If I you want a bit of end, mages can be versitle and just change any int gear that they have on into end.

Also, since I don't get hit often I rarely use stones or potions which thus saves me a lot of money.
I have like 3 stacks of t2 potions from KQs and the HP ones are pretty much full heal...

Instead, I think that adding end is more AoE mage. If for some reason mobs don't die after you frost nova, inferno, and magic burst and you draw all the aggro, there is a chance that you can survive until the fighters mock or devastate back aggro. Counter argument I've heard for that though is that everything WILL die after those 3 AoEs so end actually still isn't needed.

Last edited by koager; 08-29-2008 at 01:12 AM..
Old 08-29-2008, 01:16 AM   #5
Hessah
Hardcore Procrastinator

Burger Time Champion! Cannon Ball Follies 2 Champion!
Tournaments Won: 51

In-Game Name: Hessah / Ble~ehs
Current Level: 91 / 85 / 79 / 65 / 28
Server: Teeeeeee-vah
Hessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond repute
on a less costly basis... (real cash wise)

My mage is lvl 42, and its going 25 SPR / rest INT for max dmg..

i use T3 Defence and T3 Vitality scrolls for the defence and extra HP (Alternative over extenders)

at my lvling, T3 scrolls are sufficient for me...

and of course, if you're willing to spend the cash, +9 your weapon for max max dmg...

G____G

G____GTevaG____G
Heart___G_Hessah_G___Heart
79 - Paladin | 85 - Enchanter | 91 - Scoutxx
Ninja text! For those who's easily amused
I can show you the woooorld!
I don't want to see it!
okay...

Old 08-29-2008, 06:23 AM   #6
Yami
Lava Gargoyle

In-Game Name: Hija
Current Level: 85.99 Dx
Server: Teva
Yami will become famous soon enough
My mage is now 73 (and never getting higher =D) and all I've ever gotten from the cs were crit suits and that was for the suits, not for the crits, and premium houses. No extenders, no def menian sets, no exp boost (okay I did and it went to waste cos I got hacked >.>).

You seem to compare this game to other games too much. This is a different game. Most classes don't get very far when soloing (exception are always there of course). Party up, make friends and have fun. That's what an MMORPG should be about imho, but unfortunately not a lot of people seem to share that idea.
Old 08-29-2008, 08:27 AM   #7
ZynneTeva
Site Supporter

Originally Posted by Yami View Post
My mage is now 73 (and never getting higher =D) and all I've ever gotten from the cs were crit suits and that was for the suits, not for the crits, and premium houses. No extenders, no def menian sets, no exp boost (okay I did and it went to waste cos I got hacked >.>).

You seem to compare this game to other games too much. This is a different game. Most classes don't get very far when soloing (exception are always there of course). Party up, make friends and have fun. That's what an MMORPG should be about imho, but unfortunately not a lot of people seem to share that idea.
Of couse I compare this game to other games. It is human nature to be comparative. You know pain because you know joy. You know joy because you know pain. You know a greater joy apart from regular joy because of joy itself.

Of course not everyone shares the same idea as you. The thing about an MMO is that you play the way you want to play. My idea of having fun is grinding to max level as fast as possible, then playing the game at max level since I believe a game really starts when you hit the level cap (or for these types of games, very close to the level cap)

Some people play games for fun and dont care if they suck.
Some people play games for fun and try to be as good as possible.
Some people play games as if theyre very fancy chatrooms.
Some people play games as if chatting is prohibited.
Some people play games to make RL money.
Some people play games to harass other people legitimately trying to play the game. Ect. Ect.

MMO means: Play the game the way you want to play it while existing in the same virtual world as others who are playing the game the way they want to play it.

I think this game would be absolutely great if they only made a few changes. The changes I ask arnt unreasonable really.

1) Make the spells in the game actually useful for what they are supposed to be used for.

2) For games where a "specialization" is required, make it so no matter what spec you are, you are unique. Right now, I only see one type of Mage: A Magic Missile spammer. AoE grinding mages are decent. Just imagine if all the other mage spells could be used in a similar manner!
Old 08-29-2008, 08:41 AM   #8
Hessah
Hardcore Procrastinator

Burger Time Champion! Cannon Ball Follies 2 Champion!
Tournaments Won: 51

In-Game Name: Hessah / Ble~ehs
Current Level: 91 / 85 / 79 / 65 / 28
Server: Teeeeeee-vah
Hessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond repute
LOL be prepare to be bored to death when u hit cap

this is not one of those "other MMO games" that u usually play

I see practically no resembence in this game that is like other games.. clerics are not just a support class we can solo, archers doesnt hv as much dodge rate as other games usually have, tankers are... well tankers.. cant go wrong with that class in any game i suppose...

there's nothing MORE for u to explore when u hit cap.. (nothing that u hvnt experience prior to cap anyway) i truely believe this game is to be played by enjoying the process.. rather than just grind and hit the cap..

this is not your WoW game

G____G

G____GTevaG____G
Heart___G_Hessah_G___Heart
79 - Paladin | 85 - Enchanter | 91 - Scoutxx
Ninja text! For those who's easily amused
I can show you the woooorld!
I don't want to see it!
okay...

Old 08-29-2008, 10:57 AM   #9
srabble031
Ice Vivi

In-Game Name: sWooShhh
Current Level: SweeEsHhh
Server: sWaaAssSH
srabble031 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by ZynneTeva View Post
0900 - "Menian" Set

-You look gay but the added def helps.
QFT and def + some END gear lesser squishinity
Old 09-02-2008, 11:54 AM   #10
MikeyG
Touch all the butts

Tournaments Won: 10

In-Game Name: lnfamous
Current Level: 6x
Server: Teva
MikeyG has disabled reputation
Send a message via Skype™ to MikeyG
My mage is 25 spr rest int, i use high end/int or spr equips end rings for soloing or duoing with a cleric and when partying or pvping i use CG int/spr rings.

Free stat end imo is not needed even for a solo mage.
Pop on a t3 vit t3 def and a t1 power and eva scroll maybe a cleric
buff and voila your a perfect solo mage....

and I know this from past experience... OF CONSTANT SOLOING lol.

Oh and yeah Fiesta basically has NO end game play : D

Last edited by MikeyG; 09-02-2008 at 11:56 AM..
Closed Thread