Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Old 05-15-2013, 03:15 AM   #1
Ralath
Bbang ggoo ddong ggoo

Tournaments Won: 36

Ralath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Ralath
wth real Kitchen Nightmare

http://www.buzzfeed.com/ryanhatesthi...-facebook-ever

I watched this entire episode and I was like... o_____o the whole time.

How do these people get to be like this??

Ralath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 03:21 AM   #2
a.L
A to the R to the K

a.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud of
It finally happened...

If you're a fan of Kitchen Nightmares, watch the UK version because it's so much better. The US version is all about the drama and family/staff conflicts whereas the UK version is more about actually fixing the restaurants and the food. One of the episodes literally only showed the turnaround in the last 2 minutes because they spent so much time showing the drama. It's such a shame that he's not doing the UK show anymore

I find it hilarious that people ask for his help but refuse to change because Ramsay doesn't tell them what they want to hear. And everyone thinks that they have 10/10 food for some reason.

I think of all 100+ episodes, there were only 2 restaurants that actually started out with good tasting food (both in UK, one place just didn't have enough publicity and the other just was too pretentious and had too many courses, with too many different things in each dish). Like that episode, a few others had shit mains but good desserts (which usually weren't made by the head chef, go figure) but that's about it.

Last edited by a.L; 05-15-2013 at 03:33 AM..
a.L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 03:53 AM   #3
Ralath
Bbang ggoo ddong ggoo

Ralath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to behold
Yeah, I watched this other show - can't remember if it was Kitchen Nightmare or not - but it was also so family-drama heavy. Like the father abused his son and then took his son's money or something. And that one had super dramatic issues with the wife and husband too, and they had some issues with Yelp too.

But at least in that one, the son was normal.

Oh, it was this one: http://www.yelp.com/biz/burger-kitchen-los-angeles

I was reading on some other website that some of the drama in Kitchen Nightmare is manufactured, which I think is stupid and makes me not want to watch the show. But apparently this episode (Amy's Baking Company) was real.

Old 05-15-2013, 03:59 AM   #4
a.L
A to the R to the K

a.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud of
That episode made me ashamed of being Australian and having the same first name...

And his pie that he was so proud of is nothing like the actual thing >_>
Old 05-15-2013, 04:05 AM   #5
Ralath
Bbang ggoo ddong ggoo

omg there is some crazy stuff going on with that family
http://themillieblog.wordpress.com/2...mares-exposed/

His dad is like.. some Australian crime boss???

Old 05-15-2013, 04:07 AM   #6
Ralath
Bbang ggoo ddong ggoo

Originally Posted by a.L View Post
I think of all 100+ episodes, there were only 2 restaurants that actually started out with good tasting food (both in UK, one place just didn't have enough publicity and the other just was too pretentious and had too many courses, with too many different things in each dish). Like that episode, a few others had shit mains but good desserts (which usually weren't made by the head chef, go figure) but that's about it.
People in the comments section are saying that A's BC bought the desserts from somewhere else and resold them... lolll

Old 05-15-2013, 04:19 AM   #7
a.L
A to the R to the K

Not surprised...
Old 05-15-2013, 04:30 AM   #8
Hessah
Hardcore Procrastinator

Burger Time Champion! Cannon Ball Follies 2 Champion!
Tournaments Won: 51

In-Game Name: Hessah / Ble~ehs
Current Level: 91 / 85 / 79 / 65 / 28
Server: Teeeeeee-vah
Hessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond repute
I wonder if it's the nature of the people or nature of the audience that US reality shows have so much more drama...

G____G

G____GTevaG____G
Heart___G_Hessah_G___Heart
79 - Paladin | 85 - Enchanter | 91 - Scoutxx
Ninja text! For those who's easily amused
I can show you the woooorld!
I don't want to see it!
okay...

Hessah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 10:45 AM   #9
Helion
Yippeekaiyay, Motherfu...

Tournaments Won: 10

In-Game Name: Helion_65, UndeadMonkey, BigFatDaddy, HackNFool, MonkeysSoul, Horakthy
Current Level: 104/93/86/115/104/64
Server: Teva
Helion is on a distinguished road
I would say the way that the audience has been conditioned here over the years. It started with Oprah, Ellen, Roseanne and their ilk, moved into shows like Survivor and hasn't looked back. People here seem to always want more and become desensitized to how outrageous it all has become.

"I support the Missionary's position....."
- Captain Jack Sparrow
Helion is offline   Reply With Quote