Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Old 08-19-2011, 03:44 PM   #11
A_Forever
:w

Originally Posted by Helion View Post
Kayla's school has block scheduling. I like it more than the all 8 every day I had back when I was in school. Of course, that was when we had to walk to school 10 miles uphill both directions through 5 feet of snow..... but I digress. The block scheduling allows Kayla an extra day to grasp a difficult lesson and seek help if needed, and god knows she will need it this year with Spanish 1. Got to love a teacher that speaks only the foreign language in class to a class of absolute beginners in the language.
Our block scheduling allowed us to do all that and have 1.5hrs every other day to have independent work time. I think thats what ruined it for us. Kids weren't using that time for work and help. They were using it to walk in the halls, travel to friends' classes and simply just socialize. I knew they were taking away SRT this year and thats why I decided to socialize and such last year in it. Aha

I was going to be in Spanish 1 but I informed them yesterday I took 1 & 2 in middle school~
Originally Posted by Hraesvelg View Post
I don't know why they'd go back to the old style.
Because they are idiots. As of right now, most students are thinking it's because they either don't care anymore OR the SRT thing. I don't think they realize what they did though.

I had AP Gov last year. Do you know how each day in that class was planned? You come in, do a warm up, briefly talk about what we went over last time and then the rest of class was basically lecture/notes/discussion. It seriously took the whole 1.5hrs to get through things and stop at an appropriate point. With 45mins, I have a feeling that AP classes like Gov are going to be screwed. Not enough time for thorough discussions and they will definitely be stopping lessons at awkward points.
Originally Posted by Phantom Badger View Post
The routine I had in High school was 5 lessons a day on a 2 week timetable which alternated each week. Made it a pain to memorise. Getting my GCSE results next week which decide what college Im going to. No clue what the timetable for that will be.
Wheeewwww
So like.. you don't even get to apply to whatever college you want? A test tells you what college(s) you get to choose/pick from? @_@ If so, I would not enjoy that.
Old 08-19-2011, 06:16 PM   #12
crystalblueheart
Vampire Bat

Tournaments Won: 1

In-Game Name: crystablueheart,_Nagisa_Furukawa,
Current Level: 83/48
Server: Bijou
crystalblueheart is on a distinguished road
xD Just got my 2nd to last schedule :P Haha we have 6 periods a day, and if you wanna have 1 more class you can take a 7th/00/"A" period at like 7something in the morning :P Apparently on the day we get our schedules, ppl post like crazy on fb :P I have like no friends in my classes this year...juniors/seniors have the most variety of classes...for me AP US History, AP Bio, AP Literature & Composition, Honors Spanish 4, Honors Precalculus/Trigonometry, and Theatre Arts 1 It's weird how 4 of my best friends end up in the same class for history..:.I should've taken regular lol. Ugh SAT and PSAT are coming up :l

She talks A LOT for her age. It amazes me.
Originally Posted by Yosei View Post
LMAO, first 15 seconds...

*picks up fork, eats with it*
*chews*
*throws fork*
Screw that!
pick up food with wand*
Haha you quoted one of my typoes. I mean hand x.x been spending too much time on wow.
Originally Posted by Ericbraenda23 View Post
A a a axaxaxxxxxx dddaxasasasas
Originally Posted by crystalblueheart View Post
liohay8idnlfiohsd? I think I understand your language.
[CENTER]CENTER]
crystalblueheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 08:28 PM   #13
Lirange
Bad Kid

I never understood what Honors classes were in highschool. I don't think my school has them, and if they do they aren't common at all. I'm guessing we have them, we just call them Diff? Is it a class where it's harder then the regular class, but not eligible for college credit?
Old 08-19-2011, 08:33 PM   #14
A_Forever
:w

Originally Posted by Lirange View Post
I never understood what Honors classes were in highschool. I don't think my school has them, and if they do they aren't common at all. I'm guessing we have them, we just call them Diff? Is it a class where it's harder then the regular class, but not eligible for college credit?
Something like that. It's like going further in the class. As you may know, in classes like Chemistry and stuff, teachers only teach to a certain point if it's just simple/regular chemistry. Honors is for kids that did exceptionally well in the class and would be able to handle the more difficult parts of the subject.

At least, this is what I got from some people I know who have taken honors classes and schtuff. /shrugg
Old 08-20-2011, 04:42 PM   #15
Sparkeh
Nothing here, move along.

Sparkeh is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Sparkeh
Welcome to my world, 8 classes a day for 6 hours.
Sparkeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 11:12 PM   #16
crystalblueheart
Vampire Bat

Tournaments Won: 1

In-Game Name: crystablueheart,_Nagisa_Furukawa,
Current Level: 83/48
Server: Bijou
crystalblueheart is on a distinguished road
Yeah, honors and AP are "weighted classes," and honors and AP are worth 5 points for an A instead of 4 in regular classes. Honors are just faster paced and more in depth. For us, there's honors for chemistry and anatomy/phisiology, and the languages. For languages we go levels 1-5, where 4 is honors and 5 is AP, and you can't take a "regular" level 4 or 5 language. We can take Spanish 1 over 2 years in 7th and 8th grade (Spanish 1A and Spanish 1B), or in one year in 9th grade, but if you do it in one year, you can't get to AP Spanish.

She talks A LOT for her age. It amazes me.
LMAO, first 15 seconds...

*picks up fork, eats with it*
*chews*
*throws fork*
Screw that!
pick up food with wand*
Haha you quoted one of my typoes. I mean hand x.x been spending too much time on wow.
Originally Posted by Ericbraenda23 View Post
A a a axaxaxxxxxx dddaxasasasas
Originally Posted by crystalblueheart View Post
liohay8idnlfiohsd? I think I understand your language.
[CENTER]CENTER]

Last edited by crystalblueheart; 08-20-2011 at 11:15 PM..
crystalblueheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 04:11 AM   #17
Triumph
Wiki Head Admin

Deal or No Deal Champion!Tournaments Won: 1

In-Game Name: FFXIV
Current Level: 80
Server: Coeurl
Triumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud of
11:30 to 2:30, then 5:30 to 7:00 Monday/Wednesday
11:30 to 4:00 Tuesday/Thursday

I'm lovin' it.
Triumph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 12:41 PM   #18
Ralath
Bbang ggoo ddong ggoo

Tournaments Won: 36

Ralath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Ralath
I have an 830 class. =.=

Ralath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 12:41 PM   #19
Sparkeh
Nothing here, move along.

Sparkeh is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Sparkeh
6:00 to 2:00, 8 Classes.

I'm lovin' it too.
Sparkeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 12:45 PM   #20
Yosei
Corgi Addict

In-Game Name: Cubyrop(WoW)
Current Level: 85
Server: Maelstrom
Yosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Yosei Send a message via Yahoo to Yosei
I WAS going to have an 8AM class this semester (along with a 11-2 class) before I got into my financial aid issue. Now no classes. Will have to wait for the Winter semester.
Yosei is offline   Reply With Quote