Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Old 08-18-2011, 02:23 PM   #1
A_Forever
:w

Sigh. Last registration for me.

Today is registration at my school. This year is going to blow so hard. They changed the scheduling this year. We no longer have block scheduling. We now have the same 7 classes every single day for like 45mins. Of course, we still have electives so a couple classes will change to something else at the beginning of 2nd semester(Only 1 for me.. yay routine? :/). We had 8 classes in total before, with 4 every day. We don't even get SRT (Our study time where we can go see teachers/get help/work independently). Our classes were 1.5hrs too.

I'm a senior this year and I don't look forward to it at all. Unlike all my friends and classmates, I don't want to turn 18 and I don't want to graduate. It doesn't help that I don't get what everyone else gets. Senior pictures. Grad party to look forward to next summer. Nope. Nothing.

The only good thing about today is that I got my schedule fixed right there. I didn't have to make an appointment for the next week for once.

Senior schedule:

"Block"----Term-------Class

1----------S1------Eco-Systems
1----------S2------Eco-Systems

2----------S1------Government/Consumer Awareness
2----------S2------Government/Consumer Awareness

3----------S1------Yearbook 1
3----------S2------Yearbook 1

4----------S1------Computer Graphic Design
4----------S2------Natural Resources

5----------S1------Personal and Family Dynamics
5----------S2------Personal and Family Dynamics

6----------S1------Functions, Statistics and Trigonometry
6----------S2------Functions, Statistics and Trigonometry

7----------S1------General Business - School store
7----------S2------General Business - School store

------------------------------------
This class here doesn't count as anything. It's basically on special days when the senior class is doing something, thats where we go, OR when we compete against other grades or something. I don't know or care. I just know I need SRT more than anything since I no longer have internet at my house.

8----------S1------12th grade team room
8----------S2------12th grade team room

EDIT: They also changed the times of lunches. This year you will have the same lunch every day since, obviously, theres no need for 2 lunches with the same schedules every day. The first lunch is at like 10am and the second at 11am. Thats breakfast -.-

Last edited by A_Forever; 08-18-2011 at 03:41 PM..
A_Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 04:58 PM   #2
Lirange
Bad Kid

I kinda wish I had block scheduling. We have the same schedule style as you guys, but during certain days/weeks we get to have block scheduling. At first I didn't think I'd enjoy it because it's in a classroom for so much longer, but I actually did. Classes where you already have fun in are funner which makes the day much better. Classes where you dont, well you just don't. It's that long period of fun that I really like. I don't mind having it either way though. Your senior schedules seems pretty easy and relaxed, except for the math class of course-_-.
Old 08-18-2011, 05:41 PM   #3
MikeyG
Touch all the butts

Tournaments Won: 10

In-Game Name: lnfamous
Current Level: 6x
Server: Teva
MikeyG has disabled reputation
Send a message via Skype™ to MikeyG
Ewh. Schools out here do it all sorts of ways but I like 4 classes every day for one semester.. and 4 other ones next semester. 8 Classes all year is too much.
MikeyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 07:28 PM   #4
A_Forever

Yusss. My schedule is pretty relaxed but I planned it that way since freshman year. My schedules in the past were packed full of core classes and core electives so that I could get a lot of my core-based credits out of the way. I also took all the harder core classes earlier so I could take their easier counter-parts as an upperclassmen. Specifically senior year x]

8classes all year is not a lot with block scheduling. Need 26credits to graduate. lulz
Old 08-18-2011, 09:08 PM   #5
Loveless
Super Moderator

In-Game Name: Espei
Loveless has disabled reputation
I don't even remember how my schedule was in high school... x)

But would rather be in high school right now.
Loveless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 09:40 PM   #6
Yosei
Corgi Addict

In-Game Name: Cubyrop(WoW)
Current Level: 85
Server: Maelstrom
Yosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Yosei Send a message via Yahoo to Yosei
Ours were in blocks too, called even and odd days. But freshmen year there would be 1 class we had to have everyday, was totally random. Felt bad for those who had to have gym everyday. I had biology everyday. And yeah, Senior year was essentially the make up any credits you don't have year so the more you got done 9-11 the more freetime you had senior year.
Yosei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 12:01 AM   #7
A_Forever

I honestly think it's the routine that is going to kill me, aha. I already miss 1-2days a school year because I just can't make myself get up and go through such a routine day...
Old 08-19-2011, 05:54 AM   #8
Helion
Yippeekaiyay, Motherfu...

Tournaments Won: 10

In-Game Name: Helion_65, UndeadMonkey, BigFatDaddy, HackNFool, MonkeysSoul, Horakthy
Current Level: 104/93/86/115/104/64
Helion is on a distinguished road
Kayla's school has block scheduling. I like it more than the all 8 every day I had back when I was in school. Of course, that was when we had to walk to school 10 miles uphill both directions through 5 feet of snow..... but I digress. The block scheduling allows Kayla an extra day to grasp a difficult lesson and seek help if needed, and god knows she will need it this year with Spanish 1. Got to love a teacher that speaks only the foreign language in class to a class of absolute beginners in the language.

"I support the Missionary's position....."
- Captain Jack Sparrow
Helion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 07:04 AM   #9
Hraesvelg
Blaaaaaah 2 u 2

In-Game Name: Hraesvelg
Current Level: 6X
Hraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by Helion View Post
Kayla's school has block scheduling. I like it more than the all 8 every day I had back when I was in school. Of course, that was when we had to walk to school 10 miles uphill both directions through 5 feet of snow..... but I digress. The block scheduling allows Kayla an extra day to grasp a difficult lesson and seek help if needed, and god knows she will need it this year with Spanish 1. Got to love a teacher that speaks only the foreign language in class to a class of absolute beginners in the language.
Our French teacher was like that. Fresh off the boat from Belgium.

We had a modified block schedule. Seven classes total. Three blocks that alternated every day and a seventh fixed class. Mostly for the jocks to have PE that went right into after-school practice. The block was great for things like band. The time to change classes, prepare, and then put up your horn is fixed, so you end up having more instruction time. I don't know why they'd go back to the old style.
Old 08-19-2011, 12:31 PM   #10
Phantom Badger
FF's Official Weirdo

In-Game Name: [BlackDragonEX - Paladin]
Current Level: [BlackDragonEX - 73]
Phantom Badger has a spectacular aura aboutPhantom Badger has a spectacular aura aboutPhantom Badger has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Phantom Badger
The routine I had in High school was 5 lessons a day on a 2 week timetable which alternated each week. Made it a pain to memorise. Getting my GCSE results next week which decide what college Im going to. No clue what the timetable for that will be.
Wheeewwww
Phantom Badger is offline   Reply With Quote