Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 02-09-2008, 10:24 AM   #11
Enraya
WONDERARCHER

Server: Teva
Enraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to behold

I agree with the second part of what Patchouli said.

Sometimes I tag along with G____G's higher level guildies xD And basically we both get something out of it o-o Well, obviously, I get pretty great exp from it without worrying about my HP, and just try to deal as much damage as I can. The rest of the party is still getting exp ... they just have a tag-along o-o

On topic - I think that it's nice that this plvl includes kind of a tutoring thing (unless they don't need it xD) I don't see how people can afford so much though o__o

{ enraya ! }
Old 02-09-2008, 11:10 AM   #12
a.L
A to the R to the K

a.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud of
Let's say someone has been hacked or whatever, *referring to your opening post*, how are they going to afford that powerlevel fee?
Old 02-09-2008, 01:08 PM   #13
-Leona-
Speedy Boogy

In-Game Name: StarLeona
Current Level: Capped
-Leona- will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to -Leona-
Quote:
If the people who are doing the "powerlevelling" are killing level 75+ monsters, the extra low level char continues to give bonus experience to the rest of the party until level 42 (some variation depending on what is being killed), at which point, it's the same exp for the other people, even if the person being powerlevelled wasn't in the party. (Fiesta has one strange party Exp formula...)

Just feels weird to me to charge people for something when you're both mutually benefitting from each other, I dunno, just my opinion, but it feels kind of [edit: like something strange similar to] paying a cleric to join your party...
If u duo with a level 30+ mage for example the xp u get from monsters is slightly decreased, i did this recently to help a friend (not plvl) and i didn't benefited much out of that in terms of exp, and i was still rellying on stones to heal.

If i would want to get a fast working group for grinding i would try get a group around my level with 2 or 3 mages level 67+, tank and cleric or another backup fighter or cleric for more safety in party. As far as grinding goes in aoe terms, as many of u already know, and i'm sure patch knows best , the faster u can kill the faster u can level (given the fact that u have a good grinding spot, which in our days is something kinda out of this world). So although is true that before a certain level the party that levels the low level is mutually getting helped in an indirect way by the low level i wouldn't say that the low level is majorly helping the party.

Quote:
Let's say someone has been hacked or whatever, *referring to your opening post*, how are they going to afford that powerlevel fee?
That is indeed a good question o_O which i sorta didn't thought about >.<, but i guess they do have friends that could support them don't they :/, and also in hacking cases (since i've been hacked myself on my main account and i know how much it sucks) i might be willing to either cut him some slack for a few levels or give him time to pay over a certain period of time without putting preasure to pay immediately.

BUT really people if u don't like the idea :/ u really dont' have to put it down, yes is true that is primarly a way to make a quick buck and i can't deny that, yet i don't see y so many people already put it down like that :/.

JUST a note i don't like partying with people to low levels if they aren't my friends for a certain number of reasons.

1. They annoy me as hell when they start running like idiots and i have to run after them to take the mob of them. y?, simple, if u get 1 hited by that monster it means u r very low level and won't losemuch xp therefore dying shouldn't worry u to much, second if u withstand a hit and keep running u will die again cuz u will get hit again since i can't kick it or do anything to get it off, and even more they are upset they lost xp sometimes :/
2. I always use sequencial allocation whether is when i'm plvling someone, helping a friend or just grinding no matter when where and how, therefore if i am with a really low level that doesn't do anything i use stones like i am solo but my loot is divided into 2 :/ (i just dont feel right about using free allocation)
3. The fact that they keep trying flattering like i seen in many cases is nice at first but really annoying as u keep going ( i mean is ok to have someone tell u something like "wow cool u r killing them sooo fast", but when they keep saying things like that even if u tell them to stop is just annoying for me)

So yeah my benefit out of this would be the financial benefit BUT not the xp benefit :/, i mean for people that don't know i've almost totally given up grinding :/ over 2 weeks stuck at level 71 :/. I'll finally be 72 tommorow or the day after ^^.

StarLeona lvl 7x Fighter
Guild Master of Serenity
DD full str Axe Fighter 1.3k+ Defence
REMEMBER THIS NAME cuz ONE DAY WILL BE LEGEND

Last edited by -Leona-; 02-09-2008 at 01:14 PM..
Old 02-10-2008, 12:27 AM   #14
Patchouli
Honeying

In-Game Name: Patchouli
Current Level: 79 (Mage)
Server: Retired from Fiesta
Patchouli will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by -Leona- View Post
If u duo with a level 30+ mage for example the xp u get from monsters is slightly decreased, i did this recently to help a friend (not plvl) and i didn't benefited much out of that in terms of exp, and i was still rellying on stones to heal.

If i would want to get a fast working group for grinding i would try get a group around my level with 2 or 3 mages level 67+, tank and cleric or another backup fighter or cleric for more safety in party. As far as grinding goes in aoe terms, as many of u already know, and i'm sure patch knows best , the faster u can kill the faster u can level (given the fact that u have a good grinding spot, which in our days is something kinda out of this world). So although is true that before a certain level the party that levels the low level is mutually getting helped in an indirect way by the low level i wouldn't say that the low level is majorly helping the party.
It depends what you kill. If you duo with a level 30 person for example, on any level 75+ mob (Ancient Stonie, Lizard Knight, Elf Knight Soul etc), you get approximately 4% more exp than if you were soloing.

My opinion of the fastest group is either, 1 Fighter, 1 Cleric, 1 Mage plus a level <42 anything, or 2 Clerics, 1 Mage, and a level <42 anything (The mage tanks for AoE, assuming the mage is high level and is not taking extra damage penalty)

The party gets an extra ~15% exp for a level 1 anything, standing around and doing nothing (Aka, if the 3 people would normally get 1000 exp per monster, a 4 person party with a level 1 gets 1150 exp instead.) This slowly drops as the level 1 anything levels, to be +1% at level 42, and nothing past that point.

I do feel that adding exp to the party just by existing is helping the party
Old 02-10-2008, 03:31 AM   #15
Celebrity
Phino

In-Game Name: Celebrity
Current Level: 40+
Server: Apoline
Celebrity will become famous soon enough
The prices are crazy lmao. I just paid some lvl 54 to plvl me 25-30 for 30s =/

Celebrity
Celebrity Celebrity
Old 02-10-2008, 03:43 AM   #16
Zwivix
AichtVeeGee4Life

Moebius Syndrome Champion!Tournaments Won: 7

In-Game Name: Zwivix|iThePirate|GardenWeasel
Current Level: 103.01| 67.10|50.24
Zwivix is a splendid one to beholdZwivix is a splendid one to beholdZwivix is a splendid one to beholdZwivix is a splendid one to beholdZwivix is a splendid one to beholdZwivix is a splendid one to beholdZwivix is a splendid one to beholdZwivix is a splendid one to behold
Wow who?! and how long did it take? Casue that could be useful for my Cleric. ^^

● If I kill you, that means I'll be the one closest to you when you're on your deathbed●
● If anyone else kills you, I'll kill that person●

Disclaimer:150% guy I prefer the siggys with the hot babes for my own visual gratification!"

TEVA:
||Zwivix (Lv.103)[Ranger]||Holy_VanGuards||♥Nilathiel♥
||iThePirate(Lv.66)[Warrior]||VanGuards
||GardenWeasel(Lv.50)[WizMage]||VanGuards
Old 02-10-2008, 04:25 AM   #17
D.A.R.E.boy

Tournaments Won: 35

well i say best thing to do is get in a guild and just ask them to lvl
you thats wut im doing right now cuz i made a char for my gf on my
account and my guild master is plvling me for free and hes paying for
my skillz and like if ur not in a guild get a friend to do it y pay wen
ur friends can help u lol i just say dont keep asking same ppl over and
over again cuz then they wont do it lol i get plvled in uruga on
my lvl 12 mage ^^

Old 02-10-2008, 04:43 PM   #18
-Leona-
Speedy Boogy

In-Game Name: StarLeona
Current Level: Capped
-Leona- will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to -Leona-
Quote:
The prices are crazy lmao. I just paid some lvl 54 to plvl me 25-30 for 30s =/
But i'm sure it took a while , i'm pretty sure i would've gone through those levels at least 5x faster . As it is right now i can 2hit ko a blue clover from time to time, which can make the killing pretty fast even if we are not talking about aoeing

StarLeona lvl 7x Fighter
Guild Master of Serenity
DD full str Axe Fighter 1.3k+ Defence
REMEMBER THIS NAME cuz ONE DAY WILL BE LEGEND
Old 02-10-2008, 07:49 PM   #19
Lady-Loki
sane, so says the voices

Tower Defense 2007 Champion!Tournaments Won: 4

In-Game Name: Lady_Loki | Lady_Raine | Lady_Leilani | Lady_Danae | Lady_Julietta
Current Level: this changes more often than I care to update this detail
Server: Teva (main) Epith (secondary) other 2 (fallback)
Lady-Loki has disabled reputation
Originally Posted by lightningmystix View Post
Sometimes I tag along with G____G's higher level guildies xD And basically we both get something out of it o-o Well, obviously, I get pretty great exp from it without worrying about my HP, and just try to deal as much damage as I can. The rest of the party is still getting exp ... they just have a tag-along o-o
You not a tag-along! You a friend! What we get is a friend to chat with and laugh with!

(And, BTW, you really NEED to tag-along more often!)

As for paying for plvl - nope, I would rather play decent and treat people decent and act like you I have some sense and be able to make a few friend to level-up with.

Please click my Dragon Eggs to help my babies along.

Join the FiestaFan Folding@Home team! Details, questions and comments HERE
And, just for the heck of it, you can visit my mini city to help my population grow:
<--youarehere

Last edited by Lady-Loki; 02-10-2008 at 07:55 PM.. Reason: need to be on topic some too
Old 02-10-2008, 09:48 PM   #20
fullback
Papa Bear

Tournaments Won: 3

In-Game Name: fullback
Current Level: 6x
fullback is a name known to allfullback is a name known to allfullback is a name known to allfullback is a name known to allfullback is a name known to allfullback is a name known to all
Send a message via MSN to fullback
I've been a tag-a-long from time to time.
Closed Thread