Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 01-26-2008, 01:35 PM   #1
-Leona-
Speedy Boogy

In-Game Name: StarLeona
Current Level: Capped
Server: Teva
-Leona- will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to -Leona-
The Result Of Power Leveling!!!

Yesterday a guy while being very polite asked me and my cleric if he can tag along with us, so i said "sure come along but we wont' plvl u to long". So we took him along at level 25.

AeW was FULL FoS was full so me and Mei (the cleric) decided to go in CP1 and aoe navars (yes just me and her ^^), all was good and after we get there we start doing our job.i was keeping aggro just fine and they barely did any damage to kill me (100 or so), so we were killing the whole room no problem. THAT WAS until the GREAT LEVEL 25 (after leveling he was 27) started mocking the navars off me after i mocked, most of the times his mock was to weak to have any effect but sometimes it would pull 1 or 2 on him. I tried to ignore the first few times on the issue that "well maybe he pressed the wrong key", but he kept doing it over and over and again. Eventually i got pissed and told him to stop and he replies "y i'm just doing it cuz is fun, it's not like it has any effect". I only replied ":/" and left him in his ignorance. After 5 minutes he does it again and dies and says "haha, i died but u know healing would be nice :/". I just couldn't take it anymore and replied him "she can't heal u if u get 1 hit KO u dork".

After that he apologized and cooled off for a while, but after reaching level 30 he started doing it again. THAT was the moment i banned him.

CONCLUSION: Don't power level people cuz the people u power level now are the people who will keep failing in the future. BY powerleveling someone u will get a high level character who doesn't even know what mock does :/, cuz apparently he had mock but didn't know is a skill that pulls aggro .

StarLeona lvl 7x Fighter
Guild Master of Serenity
DD full str Axe Fighter 1.3k+ Defence
REMEMBER THIS NAME cuz ONE DAY WILL BE LEGEND
Old 01-26-2008, 01:46 PM   #2
Blaaaaaaaah
WONDERCLERIC

Tournaments Won: 15

In-Game Name: Bla~ahs
Current Level: 7x
Blaaaaaaaah has disabled reputation
I have never tried plvling a random before, and I never plan to.

I really dislike people who go up to you and ask for plvl when you don't even know them. It's like, I don't know you, why do you beg me to help? =/ I've helped some random people do quests before, but I never plvled one.

Had this guy training two orcs on me and wacky, and then coming back asking to get plvl. Wth man. LOL.
Old 01-26-2008, 01:53 PM   #3
Enraya
WONDERARCHER

Enraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to behold
I still think it depends on the person.

As Leona said, the person was fine at first ... if he kept on being fine like that then all would've turned out well enough.
There are some people that don't know how to play their characters, whether it was out of plvling or not I don't know. But to be like that, they would rather have not read anything, no guides at all or have been plvled from 0x (as that was where most of the tutorials/stupid mistakes could be learnt).

I don't think plvling is necessarily an entirely bad thing, but of course that's biased in my opinion. In times when I felt bored plvling pulled me out of boredom.

But yeah, plvled and then not knowing what to do is just not that great. I mean, you're not going to get plvled all the way to lvl 50, right? Better to start learning your character right.

{ enraya ! }
Old 01-26-2008, 02:07 PM   #4
-Leona-
Speedy Boogy

Quote:
But yeah, plvled and then not knowing what to do is just not that great. I mean, you're not going to get plvled all the way to lvl 50, right?
I could give u a few examples of people that didn't know fighters must tank, clerics must heal etc. I know people that daily message me, although i dont' even know them >_<, saying "can u help me level", and guess what they are level 55+.

VERY OFTEN STIX, u sound like a person that IS power leveled, now now first finish reading before u go all out , if u were to be power leveled u wouldn't still have been in your 3x's would u . THEREFORE i doubt u've ever been powerleveled. Y? Because going out with your guild getting 1 or 2 levels when u r in your 30s is not EXACTLY BEING POWER LEVELED. a person that is power leveled goes from level 30-40 in day max 2 =), that is what power level is =). So cut yourself some slack and dont' sound as if u r getting powerleveled =P.

My story is a plvling story, because that guys went from level 25-30 in about 40 minutes or so.
Quote:

Had this guy training two orcs on me and wacky, and then coming back asking to get plvl. Wth man. LOL.
Watch this >_<, a guy kept trying to train me for 10 freakin minutes bringing 10+ blue clovers on me when i was soloing >_< (bad luck for him i had charm of might on lolz), he kept pulling and pulling saying "haha this is nice, die die die", in a way i was gratefull ^^ cuz i didnt' had to go pull the trumpies myself and they would die in 2-3 hits anyways =] but his intention still made me mad. After that i go to city and guess what he starts spamming my whisper saying "party party party party party", than for 10 freakin minutes he kept spamming me with party invites, than he tried to add me to friends WTF.

I would've warred and killed that dork, problem was he was guildless :/, NOW he is in a guild so tonight i might have some fun.

StarLeona lvl 7x Fighter
Guild Master of Serenity

Last edited by -Leona-; 01-26-2008 at 02:12 PM..
Old 01-26-2008, 02:17 PM   #5
Ivramire
Where shall we wander?

Ivramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud of
Mage: Powerleveled from 1-18,Full-INT build, has never cast a spell, didn't know how to...>.>
Old 01-26-2008, 02:21 PM   #6
-Leona-
Speedy Boogy

I once did plvl a friend from level 1-30 in about 2 hours maybe less ^^, but he deleted his character by accident ^^.

StarLeona lvl 7x Fighter
Guild Master of Serenity
Old 01-26-2008, 02:27 PM   #7
Enraya
WONDERARCHER

Enraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by -Leona- View Post
VERY OFTEN STIX, u sound like a person that IS power leveled, now now first finish reading before u go all out , if u were to be power leveled u wouldn't still have been in your 3x's would u . THEREFORE i doubt u've ever been powerleveled. Y? Because going out with your guild getting 1 or 2 levels when u r in your 30s is not EXACTLY BEING POWER LEVELED. a person that is power leveled goes from level 30-40 in day max 2 =), that is what power level is =). So cut yourself some slack and dont' sound as if u r getting powerleveled =P.
Aww, okay xDD I've always considered it plvling, as when I didn't make scrolls 7/10s of my hits missed o__o" And when it did hit, it was really little damage.

Watch this >_<, a guy kept trying to train me for 10 freakin minutes bringing 10+ blue clovers on me when i was soloing >_< (bad luck for him i had charm of might on lolz), he kept pulling and pulling saying "haha this is nice, die die die", in a way i was gratefull ^^ cuz i didnt' had to go pull the trumpies myself and they would die in 2-3 hits anyways =] but his intention still made me mad. After that i go to city and guess what he starts spamming my whisper saying "party party party party party", than for 10 freakin minutes he kept spamming me with party invites, than he tried to add me to friends WTF.
I can imagine my temper flaring if I met a person like that.

Originally Posted by lvramire View Post
Mage: Powerleveled from 1-18,Full-INT build, has never cast a spell, didn't know how to...>.>
O____o
Lol ... ?

I'm not against plvling if it's an alt, or if it's 2x above. People from below 2x should really refrain from getting plvled, because that's where you get to make all your mistakes at a very low cost, get all your armour, and learn everything basic. If you don't do that, it's going to be harder if you don't understand what your character is built for.

{ enraya ! }
Old 01-26-2008, 02:38 PM   #8
-Leona-
Speedy Boogy

Quote:
I'm not against plvling if it's an alt, or if it's 2x above. People from below 2x should really refrain from getting plvled, because that's where you get to make all your mistakes at a very low cost, get all your armour, and learn everything basic. If you don't do that, it's going to be harder if you don't understand what your character is built for.
I can't give u examples of other classes but as a fighter starting getting plvl at level 20 is terrible, at level 20 is when u get mocked. GET Plvl and u wont' know how to tank, and that is the main reason u see so many stupid fighters out there, cuz they have no idea what to do with their class.

StarLeona lvl 7x Fighter
Guild Master of Serenity
Old 01-26-2008, 02:54 PM   #9
Patchouli
Honeying

In-Game Name: Patchouli
Current Level: 79 (Mage)
Server: Retired from Fiesta
Patchouli will become famous soon enough
I think it is powerlevelling/leeching if you could remove the person from the party and have no noticable difference in the effectiveness of the party.

I used to occasionally party unknown low levelled clerics, but they almost universally always would come back to bother me later, asking for free stuff and so on, so I gave up on that.

I could give u a few examples of people that didn't know fighters must tank, clerics must heal etc.
Wait, what, when you play cleric you're supposed to heal people? What is this?

(You do get bad players like me who soloed the cleric all the way and never partied, so are abysmal at supporting and likely to run off and hit things )
Old 01-26-2008, 03:07 PM   #10
NotMyWay
Dead Tree Soul

Tournaments Won: 1

In-Game Name: NotMyWay
Current Level: 屰
Server: Epith
NotMyWay is a splendid one to beholdNotMyWay is a splendid one to beholdNotMyWay is a splendid one to beholdNotMyWay is a splendid one to beholdNotMyWay is a splendid one to beholdNotMyWay is a splendid one to beholdNotMyWay is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Patchouli View Post
I used to occasionally party unknown low levelled clerics, but they almost universally always would come back to bother me later, asking for free stuff and so on, so I gave up on that.
I dont ask for free stuff...

but i agree that noobs shouldnt be powerleved. I've been in parties where the members are higher level then me, but at least i know how to heal effectively. Just dont plv the noobs who have no manners?
Closed Thread