Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 11-01-2007, 03:02 AM   #21
Awarain
Hero Slime

In-Game Name: Awarain
Current Level: 4X
Server: Teva
Awarain is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Awarain Send a message via Skype™ to Awarain

I recall typing up this nice well-formed post for this topic, but I can't find it...so I guess that means I got distracted and closed the window!!

So time for the quick and dirty method (because I still want to comment but I'm lazy):

Although a party of nothing but the base level character in a KQ has a much higher chance of failing, it doesn't mean that a KQ of nothing but the highest levels won't fail as well.

People get excited about seeing a new KQ. I know I do. New music and requirements and people. It's information overload for people their first time in a new KQ. The earlier you learn what to do, the better you can react when you're higher level doing it.

I hate leeches as much as the next person...putting people on auto follow and just going afk without saying anything =.= rude.

Since most quests at my level are bugged, I sometimes get bored grinding and pop into a KQ. It perks me up with the change of pace, and I'm usually pretty good at explaining the objectives to new visitors of the KQ.

Quick and dirty version was still long. SORRY!
Old 11-01-2007, 03:06 AM   #22
Stryfe
Gang Imp

Stryfe is on a distinguished road
I believe that levels only truely matter during the high lvl KQs. Not even Robo, but perhaps around Giant Honeying and Mini Dragon KQ.

For Giant Honeying KQ, I myself has only ever done this once. This is because I was never really fond of this one.

I can however, speak for Mini Dragon KQ, where levels truely do count, and is very obvious now. Mini Dragon KQ went through phases in terms of participation. The first Phase I believe was the best, and thats because it could only be accomplished through the cooperation of 2 guilds. And because only those 2 guilds had the only plays who could participate in said KQ. It promoted guild relations and such. A couple of phases later, it's come to a point where there's a larger pool of able players.

This is where the problem is at. Without specific positions filled, the entire KQ is bound to fail. This causes problems in 2 ways:

First, it makes it really obvious that low lvl players are really at a position for minimal contribution to the KQ, especially for fighters. Clerics/Archers are fine, for they can do their part at lower lvls. Due to this obviousness, some people tend to think negatively towards the low levels.

Second, those who knows that it'll surely fail will leave sometimes, leaving the ones left behind with a bitter taste towards the person "abandonning" them.
Old 11-01-2007, 03:09 AM   #23
O-mie
Lilian's Maid

Tournaments Won: 1

In-Game Name: Omies (5x Cleric) Fable (4x Archer)
Current Level: OVER 900000000
O-mie is a splendid one to beholdO-mie is a splendid one to beholdO-mie is a splendid one to beholdO-mie is a splendid one to beholdO-mie is a splendid one to beholdO-mie is a splendid one to beholdO-mie is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to O-mie Send a message via MSN to O-mie

I think its more selfish for higher levels to join and idle (Sadly I've seen this A LOT in Robo, especially with clerics or mages) than for a lower level to join and try their best =p

"Stand up for what you believe is right, even if you're standing alone."

Omies [5x Cleric] Fable [4x Archer] Omie [1x Mage] Wigglytuff [2x Fighter]
Teva

Nakama //GrandPaprika // Symphony
O-mie's Art Gallery || Sketch-Blog

Old 11-01-2007, 03:11 AM   #24
Allissa
Fire Mushroom

In-Game Name: Allissa
Current Level: HUH?
Allissa is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Anyway, I just wanna mention after reading undeadmith's post
@undeadmith It is normal that people only heal the tank and not their party members during KQ, party members should pots/stones themselves unless there's many spare clerics around. (a tank will need at least 3 clerics)

And there's no such thing as KSing in KQ... you're suppose to put your force together and kill mobs faster... so its nice u go and tank a mob thats not already being attacked, but its also OK to help kill other mobs, if a lot are already atking.
this brings up a really good point as well. KQs are supposed to be about team work. The only time that anyone other than the tank should even be getting hit is when there are multiple mobs. This happens quite a bit in slime and mara, mainly because people want to rush them. Which is all good and fine dont get me wrong, when it works. But if you are going to rush a KQ dont whine if you dont get healed, or you end up dying.

All of the KQs I have been in, the only time the main tank is the only one being healed is on a boss. from what I have seen in mara and GH so far, if you are not the main tank, and you are getting hit by a boss, you are doing something wrong. There is a blind spot on every boss I have encountered so far that you can stand in and keep from getting hit by the AOE. I dont know if this is by design or flaw...no clue, but its there.

KQs are like raids from EQ and WoW. Everyone does their job properly and things go smooth. First time I went to Molten Core playing WoW we died horribly cause no one knew what they were doing, and it took us about 5 hard raiding days to finish it. The last time I went before I quit, we cleared molten core in about 5 hours with 2 deaths. The teamwork was just that good.

Case in point, learn early what you need to do. Find out what your job is going to be, and just do it. Dont try and be a hero unless asked to. I dont care if clerics fight, as long as they heal. I dont mind if mages swing their wands or staves, as long as they nuke to. archers, fighters, your job is simple...attack....main tank yours is to, stand in front of mob, swing weapon, hit taunt, dont run out of SP for taunt :P. LOL sorry another long post.
Old 11-01-2007, 03:11 AM   #25
Allissa
Fire Mushroom

In-Game Name: Allissa
Current Level: HUH?
Allissa is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by O-mie View Post

I think its more selfish for higher levels to join and idle (Sadly I've seen this A LOT in Robo, especially with clerics or mages) than for a lower level to join and try their best =p
i agree 110% seen it too many times in GH.
Old 11-01-2007, 03:17 AM   #26
Hessah
Hardcore Procrastinator

Burger Time Champion! Cannon Ball Follies 2 Champion!
Tournaments Won: 51

In-Game Name: Hessah / Ble~ehs
Current Level: 91 / 85 / 79 / 65 / 28
Server: Teeeeeee-vah
Hessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond repute
last time in GH KQ, a high-ish lvl fighter started a party, did a "sequential" allocation then set himself on following another party member and went AFK...

my party dug up the key.. and guess who's got it?!?!?

that dude... my only failed GH KQ....

but yeah that's probably not the point of the original post... but anyway XD

G____G

G____GTevaG____G
Heart___G_Hessah_G___Heart
79 - Paladin | 85 - Enchanter | 91 - Scoutxx
Ninja text! For those who's easily amused
I can show you the woooorld!
I don't want to see it!
okay...

Old 11-01-2007, 04:05 AM   #27
FlameGirl
Bored Boar

In-Game Name: FlameGirl
Current Level: 6X
Server: Apoline
FlameGirl has a spectacular aura aboutFlameGirl has a spectacular aura about
The maths behind KQ's
If you think about mathematically (dont quote me on this cause i didnt finish senior maths, but this is yr 11 math im talking about and i aced that XD) the KQ's are quite fair due to normal distribution. *pulls out maths text book and eats lunch while reading it* :P

ok now where was i? right, a simple explanation of normal distribution for you non-mathematical readers. *wishes she could draw a curve in the text box* this will be easiest to explain if you can imagine the data. so think of the slime KQ, the minimum lvl is 5 and max is 16. so the mean lvl is 10.5. 50% of the characters in the KQ should be above this level and 50% below. you're going to have to just trust me that my %'s are correct for this.

68% of the characters will be a 'normal' lvl (normal meaning the right level for the KQ) for the KQ and 27% will an 'abnormal' lvl (meaning slightly too high or too low level) for the KQ and 5% will an 'extreme' lvl (too high or too low lvl). so 34% of the characters will be in the 'normal' range but below the mean, and 34% above the mean lvl but still in the 'normal' range. 13.5% of the characters will be above normal lvl and 13.5% below normal. 2.5% will be an extremely high or extremely low lvl (like lvl 5 or 16).

this data can be repeated for the success rate of the KQ.
68% of the KQ's will finish in a normal time. (i cannot use a specific time as an example because i dont have an average finish time to use as a mean).
13.5% will finish in a good time.
13.5% will be praying to finish.
2.5% will fail miserably.
2.5% will set a record finish time.

As far as selfish people go:
68% of people will be indifferent with there actions.
13.5% of people will be good at what they do.
13.5% will be annoying in what they do.
2.5% will carry the team in a selfish bid to win the KQ on their own.
2.5% will sit at the start and selfishly leech the prize and exp.

I am not sure if this was explained well enough for you understand. but the point is: the KQ's are equal for the 2.5% of KQ's that you swear your head off cause of how bad it went, there will 2.5% of KQ's where you pop the cork off a celebratory champagne for how well it went.

Hope this has been helpful and not too long for you to read.

P.S. for all you people who want to bring in variables, i can guarantee that variable is on a normal distribution of how often it happens. But you can iron out those variables by increasing your sample size e.g. record 10,000 KQ's instead of telling me a record from just 1 KQ.
Old 11-01-2007, 04:24 AM   #28
Lafieru
Speedy Boogy

Lafieru is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by FlameGirl View Post
Stuff
Don't be mean, don't be mean, don't be mean . . . >.>
Old 11-01-2007, 04:24 AM   #29
Hessah
Hardcore Procrastinator

Burger Time Champion! Cannon Ball Follies 2 Champion!
Tournaments Won: 51

In-Game Name: Hessah / Ble~ehs
Current Level: 91 / 85 / 79 / 65 / 28
Server: Teeeeeee-vah
Hessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond repute
Pulls out a gun and points it next to my head... OMG i hvnt heard of the word "normal distribution" since.......... 8 yrs ago.... (damn did i just reveal my age?)

Flame girl... i believe u had ur high school education in NSW???

G____G

G____GTevaG____G
Heart___G_Hessah_G___Heart
79 - Paladin | 85 - Enchanter | 91 - Scoutxx
Ninja text! For those who's easily amused
I can show you the woooorld!
I don't want to see it!
okay...

Old 11-01-2007, 04:37 AM   #30
FlameGirl
Bored Boar

In-Game Name: FlameGirl
Current Level: 6X
Server: Apoline
FlameGirl has a spectacular aura aboutFlameGirl has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Hessah View Post
Pulls out a gun and points it next to my head... OMG i hvnt heard of the word "normal distribution" since.......... 8 yrs ago.... (damn did i just reveal my age?)

Flame girl... i believe u had ur high school education in NSW???
nope, South Australia, and i must be 8 years younger than you :P
Closed Thread