Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 10-31-2007, 03:55 PM   #1
Lafieru
Speedy Boogy

Lafieru is on a distinguished road
Low level in KQ = selfish?

Something I've thought about a lot, but especially more recently, now that I've started joining Mini Dragon KQs. BTW, what I'm about to say may be considered very harsh, but people that know me know that I'll rarely be "mean" without a reason. Also, I'm horribly pretentious, so that certainly plays a factor. ^_^

My argument: If you frequently join KQs at a low level, you are being selfish. You will not be able to contribute your share to the group, and you will actually take away chances of higher levels, which are crucial to KQ success, to join.

This argument especially applies to the harder KQs (e.g. Robo), and especially especially to Mini Dragon, as there's only one MD KQ per 2 hours.

So I won't be seen as a hypocrite, I personally never joined a MD KQ until last night, as a level 51 cleric. I would've possibly waited longer too, if I was a different class and I wasn't joining along with guildies.

So anyway, do I feel that, for example, everyone has to be level 51 to join MD KQ or else they're the most evil person alive? Of course not - waiting all the way until 51 was my personal choice. But, for example, joining Robo KQ every two hours as a level 33 fighter? Still not the most evil person alive, but maybe #2 or 3.

Thoughts? Comments? Death threats? Let me hear them. =)
Old 10-31-2007, 04:13 PM   #2
Falcomist
Bored Boar

In-Game Name: Falcomist
Falcomist will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Falcomist Send a message via MSN to Falcomist
I agree newbs are selfish as well, however there is nothing we can do to stop this XD.

When u see Jericho and I yelling at ppl telling them what to do, it makes up for them being in the 40's and that were trying to help PASS the KQ for EVERYONE so that its not a waste of a trip from Uruga to Elderine.

I dont like yelling at ppl telling them what to do in the mini dragon KQ but HEY u wanna pass? just follow our instruction and the awards u get will be hopefully good.

People that complain that we yell at them and such I WANT TO SEE U help 10 ppl+ in telling them what to do ESPECIALLY if its there first time...

So yes people are selfish but i guess us high lvls have to make up for it in the end anyways...

BUSO RENKIN FTW!!! lol

Old 10-31-2007, 04:44 PM   #3
x0x00x0x
Hero Slime

In-Game Name: Barod
Current Level: 27
Server: Bijou
x0x00x0x is on a distinguished road
Just because you're a low level in a KQ doesn't mean you're selfish, nor a complete waste.

Everyone contributes in some way, especially clerics who can heal (which is especially helpful to tanks, which are a main part of the mission). Any damage given is another step towards victory.

I've participated in KQ from the time I was able to. It's a lot of fun and hate missing out on even one, though I can't be on every other hour all day. @.@

I'm all for helping lower levels in KQ, and even encourage it to those scared to enter one in fear of disappointing their party or something.

So it takes a few more minutes to complete the KQ die to lack of skills from the lower levels, but it's not necessarily selfish.
Old 10-31-2007, 04:54 PM   #4
Lilian
Entwined Destiny

In-Game Name: Fuujinn // Lilian
Current Level: Divide by zero.
Server: Teva
Lilian is a name known to allLilian is a name known to allLilian is a name known to allLilian is a name known to allLilian is a name known to allLilian is a name known to all
Originally Posted by x0x00x0x View Post
Just because you're a low level in a KQ doesn't mean you're selfish, nor a complete waste.

Everyone contributes in some way, especially clerics who can heal (which is especially helpful to tanks, which are a main part of the mission). Any damage given is another step towards victory.
The point remains, however, that in KQ there are people who are merely "there" (for the reward and exp) and then there are people who make the difference between whether the KQ succeeds or not.

I'm not at all against people entering KQs whenever the game allows them to, I'm merely saying the chances of actually succeeding do dramatically change based on who enters.

The very first KQ, King Slime, becomes available at level 6 I believe... what do you think would happen if one day you joined on your level 6 character, but everyone else of the 14 other people were also level 6? yeah, I'm guessing there'd be quite a few "wtf" and "lol" in the chat box. :P
Old 10-31-2007, 05:08 PM   #5
x0x00x0x
Hero Slime

In-Game Name: Barod
Current Level: 27
Server: Bijou
x0x00x0x is on a distinguished road
xD

Would be quite a bit of lvling before reaching the first level of the mountain.

But yes, leechers are a totally different matter. :[
I joined a Mara KQ and we had 3 people stay at spawn.
Not sure if they got any exp or anything, but that still pissed me off.
Old 10-31-2007, 05:12 PM   #6
Destrus
Lizard Knight

Tournaments Won: 10

In-Game Name: Fyoran
Current Level: 3x
Server: teva
Destrus has a spectacular aura aboutDestrus has a spectacular aura about
king slime is lvl 5...

anyways, it's kinda the developers' fault for giving the quests for that kq starting at that minimum level and for setting the minimum level so low that anybody that joins at that level can't really do much at all. so i wouldn't call people who join then selfish unless the only reason tehy do it is for a free ride. the thing that a lot of people like best is being able to join kq's so they do it as soon as they can or some to complete quests at those levels. i know i would never wait tostart the gold hill quests since it always takes me forever to get the golden bugs (lvl 25 now and only have 6, been in like 4 gold hills)
Old 10-31-2007, 05:34 PM   #7
Loveless
Super Moderator

In-Game Name: Espei
Loveless has disabled reputation
I don't think it's so much the level of the character as it is the level of the brain controlling it. There can be higher leveled characters who can't tank if their life depended on it... while a person who is maybe 5-10 level below them will try their best to help the team. You shouldn't consider low leveled = selfish. Because whomever those low leveled ones you met that you considered selfish will eventually just become high leveled selfish people.

ie. The Honeying KQ, I've heard that to win the KQ with flying colors you need a good tank, 1-2 clerics, and the rest mages. But does that mean Archers should never join because the rest considered them to be of no use? I just think people who think that way are selfish.
Old 10-31-2007, 06:27 PM   #8
Lilian
Entwined Destiny

In-Game Name: Fuujinn // Lilian
Current Level: Divide by zero.
Server: Teva
Lilian is a name known to allLilian is a name known to allLilian is a name known to allLilian is a name known to allLilian is a name known to allLilian is a name known to all
Originally Posted by Loveless View Post
I don't think it's so much the level of the character as it is the level of the brain controlling it. There can be higher leveled characters who can't tank if their life depended on it... while a person who is maybe 5-10 level below them will try their best to help the team. You shouldn't consider low leveled = selfish. Because whomever those low leveled ones you met that you considered selfish will eventually just become high leveled selfish people.

ie. The Honeying KQ, I've heard that to win the KQ with flying colors you need a good tank, 1-2 clerics, and the rest mages. But does that mean Archers should never join because the rest considered them to be of no use? I just think people who think that way are selfish.
While I do agree with most of your views, it must be said that in this game, level really does matter alot. There's no denying it. No matter how skilled you are, if you're a level 9 tank and there's another tank level 14, there's no question which of you is going to do the tanking. :P

In the end, Fiesta has very little that a person needs to be skilled to do. Some can be ignorant (i.e. a tank who does not use taunts because "they do no dmg.") but these are really the only exceptions.
Old 10-31-2007, 06:57 PM   #9
Hamfast
Slime

Hamfast is on a distinguished road
I think it's more to do with the player... a Higher Level can leech, a low level can do their best... the player (as stated above, the Brain controlling) is the difference...

Will a well played Level 14 do better then a well played level 9? sure, but I think I would rather have that well played level 9 with me then a level 14 who stands back and adds nothing.
Old 10-31-2007, 07:22 PM   #10
undeadmith
Bored Imp

Tournaments Won: 1

In-Game Name: yourboma
Current Level: to lame to edit constantly
Server: teva/apoline
undeadmith is on a distinguished road
i am low lvl (14) and in the king slime kq it sucks caus if they say all heal blablabla caus he is main tank at boss they never look at their party -__-
so clerics that are healing the tank don't heal anyone else and that caused me to die 3 times so i lost kq so yea some are selfish those who are not are really fun people and btw i aint selfish i never atk a mob that is already under atk (unless the take mine away :P )

fight in the name of metal

Closed Thread