Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 01-03-2008, 06:03 AM   #1
pepper22
Fire Mushroom

In-Game Name: RedSonia/ 킹쵸코
Current Level: 4x Fighter/Cleric
pepper22 is on a distinguished road
Which is the best duo for say 50+

To all you lucky high level characters out there. What do you feel is the best duo for levels50+. Due to the new job, I have some severe time constraints and I am coming home pretty late,so I am finding myself pretty much forced into 90% duo'ing with the wife, and that is fine, she is great to play with, but I worry about leveling up after we hit 50. Right now(after 3 weeks or so of playing fiesta),we are using my 42cleric/her 40mage. She also has a 43 cleric that she solo's when I am at work. Anyways, from 20-40 we AOE'ed it up and now I am starting to worry that just the 2 of us are not going to be so effective AOE'ing much longer. I was thinking of starting a fighter or archer and duoing with her cleric,but I just don't have much of a clue as to what we will be facing at level 50.
Anyways, what do you guys/gals think about this? What would be the best duo post 50, XP wise? WIll the cleric/mage aoe combo still work well? Or would a cleric/DD combo work better??
Old 01-03-2008, 06:10 AM   #2
Loveless
Super Moderator

In-Game Name: Espei
Loveless has disabled reputation
Cleric with an Archer or Mage will work great. Because they are both damage dealers (Mages more so) they kill fast and with Endure and some scrolls on they can take 2-3 mobs at a time.

I play an Archer and although I solo most of the time... when I'm with a cleric I don't have to stop (except for cooldowns) hitting mobs so I just keep on killing. And because it's just the two of you... the exp gain is great.

EDIT: Also at level 50 you can slap on an Orc license and just stay at the Orcs. OR you can go to the Junior Archons and Pixies... the damage I found was not so different anyway... but the Archons and Pixies seems a little less crowded than the Orcs.
Old 01-03-2008, 06:13 AM   #3
Blaaaaaaaah
WONDERCLERIC

Tournaments Won: 15

In-Game Name: Bla~ahs
Current Level: 7x
Server: Teva
Blaaaaaaaah has disabled reputation
I duo'ed with an archer once (both of us are 4x) in uruga and it was pretty good. We killed too fast and had to wait for spawns. xD

Although it's really hectic when we get mobbed. @.@"
Old 01-03-2008, 06:24 AM   #4
a.L
A to the R to the K

a.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud of
^ Hell yeah.
Old 01-03-2008, 06:54 AM   #5
Loveless
Super Moderator

In-Game Name: Espei
Loveless has disabled reputation
Originally Posted by Blaaaaaaaah View Post
I duo'ed with an archer once (both of us are 4x) in uruga and it was pretty good. We killed too fast and had to wait for spawns. xD

Although it's really hectic when we get mobbed. @.@"
Agreed. :P But AOE poison is great for mob control.
Old 01-03-2008, 07:54 AM   #6
a.L
A to the R to the K

a.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud of
*Is not level 51 yet* =(
Old 01-03-2008, 08:00 AM   #7
Blaaaaaaaah
WONDERCLERIC

Tournaments Won: 15

In-Game Name: Bla~ahs
Current Level: 7x
Server: Teva
Blaaaaaaaah has disabled reputation
Originally Posted by wackyboi View Post
*Is not level 51 yet* =(
Hurry up. D:

Although I should hurry up to level 47 for that buff. Then we can pwn a bunch of mobs.
Old 01-03-2008, 03:05 PM   #8
Yosei
Corgi Addict

In-Game Name: Cubyrop(WoW)
Current Level: 85
Server: Maelstrom
Yosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Yosei Send a message via Yahoo to Yosei
I think a mage and a cleric is good. All the cleric needs to do is sit back and heal and its good. We can even take on more than one. lvramire and I used to go duo time to time when we couldn't find a party, but wanted to level.
Old 01-03-2008, 03:42 PM   #9
pepper22
Fire Mushroom

In-Game Name: RedSonia/ 킹쵸코
Current Level: 4x Fighter/Cleric
pepper22 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Yosei View Post
I think a mage and a cleric is good. All the cleric needs to do is sit back and heal and its good. We can even take on more than one. lvramire and I used to go duo time to time when we couldn't find a party, but wanted to level.
Hmmm, you guys make it a hard choice. The cleric/mage duo is my first choice since I already have a nice cleric and my wife has a 40 full INT mage. I was just a little worried about killing speed, and to a lesser extent my boredom. I am not sure if I want to come home after ork and sit back and just hit heal,heal,heal....I might fall asleep. But the important thing is the killing speed and XP. If you think a mage.cleric can kill at a good click then that is all I really care about. Untill we get the courage to hit the Battlefield maps anyways.
Old 01-03-2008, 08:30 PM   #10
Esper
Mushroom Fighter

Esper is on a distinguished road
I've duo'd with every class and i'm a 50+ cleric, i've found actually the fast to be duo'ing with fighters.

The thing is though they must be 2h axe with lic and be willing to spam skills, I used to duo with my axe guild mates all the time (before patch) and I'm pretty sure some of them can kill orcs faster then a mage or archer.

also, with a fighter duo you can mob lots and aoe them with devastate.
Closed Thread