Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 12-14-2007, 02:42 PM   #1
XxW4iTinGxX
Slime

XxW4iTinGxX is on a distinguished road
Help Pls

i'm starting a cleric. i have read many guides and i'm not sure of what to build.

Pure End? End/Str 2:1? End/Str 3:1? Pure Str?

which is better and can anyone tell me the pros and cons of what u suggest? Thanx.

i'm just a noob.
Old 12-14-2007, 04:39 PM   #2
FatalLace
Kebing

In-Game Name: FatalLace/WinterLace/Faytal
Current Level: Enchanter [89] / Warrior [70] / Scout [80]
Server: Bijoffline
FatalLace is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by XxW4iTinGxX View Post
i'm just a noob.
well, if you truly read a lot of guides then you've also read that there are many different types of builds all revolving around your personal style of gameplay. Fiesta is, IMO, great because of the various build options available to you. i've played MMOs where there was only 1 truly good build for each character, it lead to dull gameplay and especially dull PvP battles as everything was dependant on the items you equipped and who had the better, faster, less laggy internet connection.

so first off, you gotta ask yourself, how do you want to play?

currently, my cleric is a hybrid @ lvl 38.

+13 str
+20 end
+10 spr

i have some weapons/armors with good bonuses as well so that helps tremendously.

that build works for me because i solo a lot. i'm not in a guild, and my hours of gameplay are pretty sporadic so it's hard to dedicate myself to a 3 hour grind with friends if i have to consistently log in and out. i also get pretty bored if i'm just healing for hours on end, i can handle the KQs and my role there, but just healing while grinding. for me, gets boring pretty fast. not to mention u usually have to beg the group for sequential allocation on drops because you're standing in the back away from the monsters.

but anyway, like i said, it all depends on you!

FatalLace - 89 Enchanter
Faytal - 80 Scout
WinterLace - 70 Warrior
FatylLace - 60 Paladin

Calling Bijou "Home" since 11/07
Old 12-15-2007, 01:54 AM   #3
Blaaaaaaaah
WONDERCLERIC

Tournaments Won: 15

In-Game Name: Bla~ahs
Current Level: 7x
Server: Teva
Blaaaaaaaah has disabled reputation
Here's a brief description the main typical builds:

STR/END Build:
  • For solo-ing.

END/25 SPR Build:
  • For supporting

Uh, ok I realise that's a little bit too brief. However, there are a lot of threads about this already, have a look around in the Cleric section and I'm sure you'll find something.

If you wanna solo, go for STR/END so you get enough STR for weapon damage and END to survive and tank the mobs yourself.

If you wanna support, go for END/25 SPR so you get extra SP to spam your heal skills and such (and you also get a bonus 5% crit!). Support clerics don't usually fight as much (well we do, except our role in supporting the party is bigger) so we don't really need STR, we will rely on our parties to do the damage. END is important in my opinion, even for a support cleric, because we will need to survive hits in order to keep our party alive. No point in support people if you're gonna drop in one hit, right?

But yeah, can't say much about solo builds since I haven't played one. Like FatalLace said, build depends on what you prefer - whether you prefer to solo, or to party a lot and support.
Old 12-16-2007, 01:38 AM   #4
Zucchini
Naiad Demon

In-Game Name: Zucchini [Cleric]
Current Level: 3x
Zucchini is a glorious beacon of lightZucchini is a glorious beacon of lightZucchini is a glorious beacon of lightZucchini is a glorious beacon of lightZucchini is a glorious beacon of lightZucchini is a glorious beacon of light
I do solo build. And to me, it's great I do +10 STR and go full end after that. I don't really recommend putting a lot of points in STR since it doesn't really help significantly in you damage unless you add about 25+ points in it, but which would cost u 25 levels. Just go light on STR and full on END.

END is really important since as a cleric, you're supposed to heal others too. Won't help if you can't survive a few hits by mobs. If you wanna see more info, like blahs said, look through the cleric section.
Old 12-16-2007, 04:11 AM   #5
Xylem
Joker Kebing

In-Game Name: Phloem
Current Level: Shree Ex
Server: Bijou
Xylem is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by FatalLace View Post

but anyway, like i said, it all depends on you!
agreed.

Like me, I made a cleric 3 bloody times. Now i regret making the 3 clerics, since my first one was the build i really liked. STR + END lol. That's because I'm an unpatient person that likes moderate-big damage :3 I'm also cheap as well, that's why I didn't chose a fighter for damage so I dont' waste pots :P lol.
Old 12-17-2007, 02:31 AM   #6
pepper22
Fire Mushroom

In-Game Name: RedSonia/ 킹쵸코
Current Level: 4x Fighter/Cleric
pepper22 is on a distinguished road
Well, I am still a bit of a noob too, but my Cleric is 12STR/23END/5Spr. I usually play with the wife and her mage and this is working great for us both. The last 5 levels though, I have only solo'ed(imps,zombies,flying sticks and elite mobs) since the wife is busy farming chocolates for our Christmas event. Solo'ing wise, it has been working very well,but again, I am only in my mid-30's....but I am happy with this build.
Old 12-20-2007, 07:29 PM   #7
XxW4iTinGxX
Slime

XxW4iTinGxX is on a distinguished road
then what about the ring stats? sometimes i wear a ring has +7 str. but i go to free stats, it didn't show that what a +7 str should have. my damage still 0? y?
Old 12-20-2007, 08:36 PM   #8
MikeyG
Touch all the butts

Tournaments Won: 10

In-Game Name: lnfamous
Current Level: 6x
MikeyG has disabled reputation
Send a message via Skype™ to MikeyG
Your forgetting spr lol , best build for cleric is to get 25 spr, cuz most the time you are healing.Then put the rest into strength for when u are soloing . ^^
Old 12-22-2007, 08:43 PM   #9
Brathal
Slime

Brathal is on a distinguished road
XxW4iTinGxX, the Free Stats screen only counts up the actual Free Stats points used, as some stats have bonuses above what just adding an item with that same stat would do.
ie, +25 spirit on a ring gives you +125 sp. while as a free stat, it gives you a bonus, +5% crit in addition to the sp.
So a +7STR ring will not show up on the Free Stat screen, but it will give you the straight STR bonus damage, yet it will not provide the bonus damage that free stat str points give you every 5 points.

I tend to follow the SPR/END philosophy, and get all my STR on equipment, since I find the Bonus Damage isn't enough to make up for the loss of .2% crit, and .1% of block from each point of SPR and END respectively that I cannot get through wearing SPR/END gear.
Closed Thread