Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 08-11-2007, 11:21 PM   #11
Dynamics
Karasian Solider

Tournaments Won: 5

In-Game Name: Dynamics
Current Level: OVER NINE THOUSANDDDDDDDDDDDDD!
Server: under your bed
Dynamics is a name known to allDynamics is a name known to allDynamics is a name known to allDynamics is a name known to allDynamics is a name known to allDynamics is a name known to all

Quote:
I might want to try that out on a new Mage I'm creating, because 3.2 seconds cooldown on Magic Missle 2 really doesn't cut it and Fire Bolt is much stronger anyway.

You don't need to make a new mage for that lol. Just click the arrow that points to the left under the magic missile skill. It'd save you a lot of grinding =].
Old 08-23-2007, 11:28 PM   #12
Meteo
Mini Pinky

In-Game Name: Meteo
Current Level: dis hat maid of yellow kek~
Meteo will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by hanism View Post
Hey all, I'm been messing with my mage these days and I've seen in the game quite a feel mages have almost instant cast of magic missile one. I think its done by putting 5 points into decreasing its cool time, thus reducing the cool time to 1.3 secs. I currently have a 17 mage and I found that magic missile one is probably my most used skill now. I usually cast one of the longer cool down skills and just spam magic missile one, it almost becomes instant cast with that cool down. So i was wondering if any other mages here find it useful?

thanks
MM1 is the bread and butter of the mage. as you level up MM1 stays consistently efficient, specially at 1 SP and 1.3 Cooldown.

15 Points towards it is totally worth it in my personal opinion

But all i play ever is mage, What would i know. ^^
Old 08-24-2007, 06:48 AM   #13
DragonReborn
Speedy Slime

In-Game Name: DragonReborn
Current Level: 28
DragonReborn is on a distinguished road
@ lvl 27 I had MM 5pts in CD and 5pts in power and definately used it a ton! I also had set up where I used MM lvl 1 on weaker mobs to save sp and MM lvl 4 on harder mobs still very fast cooldown and usually casting Fire, then spamming MM then casting burst when mob got close would take out most before they even hit me. Still mage is a little underpowered since @ 27 i was only able to solo skeletons in luminous stone or golden slimes/mara archers in burning hill but nothing higher really or bam and dead!

"I'm more afraid of living than I am scared to die. I'm more afraid of falling than I am of flying high. Every moral has a story, every story has an end. Every battle has its glory, and its consequence!" B.Harper
Old 08-24-2007, 03:43 PM   #14
Meteo
Mini Pinky

Originally Posted by DragonReborn View Post
@ lvl 27 I had MM 5pts in CD and 5pts in power and definately used it a ton! I also had set up where I used MM lvl 1 on weaker mobs to save sp and MM lvl 4 on harder mobs still very fast cooldown and usually casting Fire, then spamming MM then casting burst when mob got close would take out most before they even hit me. Still mage is a little underpowered since @ 27 i was only able to solo skeletons in luminous stone or golden slimes/mara archers in burning hill but nothing higher really or bam and dead!
Were not underpowered Dragon ^_^ You should've been able to take on bigger fish @27 granted you'll have to spend on stones/hp pots, but there are bigger mobs out there.

Imagine how Over Powered we'd be if bam bam dead wasn't the case.

Even though a cleric can solo alot bigger things, they do it very slow comparitively. So where a cleric can solo a ton, their frustration is probably how long it takes to do so.

Fighters can also take on big fish but remember their heals are costing them as well and they would not be able to take it down as fast as you.
Old 08-24-2007, 04:58 PM   #15
DragonReborn
Speedy Slime

what were you soloing at 27? I am talking about soloing, because even though fiesta is made to party and i did a lot of it, I do like to solo at times. My problem was even after spending tons of coin on pots and stones it was still very frustrating compared to other mages I have played in other games. I too like you play Mage first and foremost. lol anyway I started a fighter the last few days of CB2 and found that I was fighting maps ahead of my mage at a comparable level. I was soloing in sea of greed and forest of mist as early as lvl 8. granted I only took him to lvl 17 before CB2 ended but the way the early levels went led me to feel like my mage had been shorted. I did party in the prison and uruga with my mage and was surprised at the dmg I could do even on much higher mobs then my lvl but that was partying and solo I always felt underpowered. I love playing mage so I hope it won't feel the same in OB. (oh and build was full INT with all +4 equips and wisdom and wand mastery)

"I'm more afraid of living than I am scared to die. I'm more afraid of falling than I am of flying high. Every moral has a story, every story has an end. Every battle has its glory, and its consequence!" B.Harper

Last edited by DragonReborn; 08-24-2007 at 05:03 PM..
Old 08-24-2007, 05:27 PM   #16
Dark_Akuma
Mini Greenky

In-Game Name: poisonedsoba
Current Level: 2x
Dark_Akuma is on a distinguished road
we kinda were under powered, but i pray it is fixed in open beta just a tad. my pure INT mage didnt start pwning till lvl 30. soloing b4 lvl 30 was such a suicide gamble, at 30 i could solo tons of things except in prison. vine tomb was kick arsed soloing at lvl 30. and when i hit 31 it got better.

@dragon i was Pure Int mage with +7 end gear on.

i will remain a mage and Pure Int one to boot. i love mages.

Old 08-24-2007, 08:29 PM   #17
DragonReborn
Speedy Slime

Originally Posted by Dark_Akuma View Post
@dragon i was Pure Int mage with +7 end gear on.

i will remain a mage and Pure Int one to boot. i love mages.
Lucky for you girl. I can't tell ya how much coin i crapped down the pipes trying to enhance gear and after breaking 20 something weapons i had to settle for +4 but i will be looking for the +9 in OB lol. And for all those mages out there I too will remain a mage full INT build and just pray that at the higher levels(and after years of grinding hehehe) it pays off.

Old 08-24-2007, 08:50 PM   #18
Meteo
Mini Pinky

Originally Posted by DragonReborn View Post
what were you soloing at 27? I am talking about soloing, because even though fiesta is made to party and i did a lot of it, I do like to solo at times. My problem was even after spending tons of coin on pots and stones it was still very frustrating compared to other mages I have played in other games. I too like you play Mage first and foremost. lol anyway I started a fighter the last few days of CB2 and found that I was fighting maps ahead of my mage at a comparable level. I was soloing in sea of greed and forest of mist as early as lvl 8. granted I only took him to lvl 17 before CB2 ended but the way the early levels went led me to feel like my mage had been shorted. I did party in the prison and uruga with my mage and was surprised at the dmg I could do even on much higher mobs then my lvl but that was partying and solo I always felt underpowered. I love playing mage so I hope it won't feel the same in OB. (oh and build was full INT with all +4 equips and wisdom and wand mastery)
at 27 i partied alot at moonlight tomb, i did try to solo a few times, but the exp against time/cash spent didnt' compare noh you have a good point DR, being a Mage we will never excel in a solo environment, but i never felt underpowered during my time playing. I felt i made enough impact compared to other jobs of my level.

If you're gauging the jobs' potential by how well in can solo, well that's just like throwing a math genius in a Literature competition.. does it make him dumb or less intelligent because he came out last there? Same thing with a Mage.

I dunno i guess everyone has their way of seeing things. i don't gauge the strenght of the job i love to play by how well or how bad it can do at Solo. instead i understand that weakness and start up a good grind group. More the better
Old 08-24-2007, 09:21 PM   #19
DragonReborn
Speedy Slime

yeah I agree with you Meteo for the most part, and magi do excel at damage dealing. But yeah I look at how a character stands on its own also because partying 100% of the time isn't possible for me. I play for random moments sometimes as short as 15 min, and am afking 5 min here - 10 mins there which doesn't fly in the party atmosphere. It isn't that the mage is unplayable, I am not saying that, I am just saying that in regards to soloing it is the class that is gimped the most. I am an independent type person, I like fighting my own fights I don't like calling on my friends to bail me out of trouble all the time. I do want to contribute in a party atmosphere but I don't want to hide in town if there aren't others to go outside with me. My opinion is that atm the cleric and fighter classes get to solo at will and party very well (getting the best of both worlds). Now if the mage was indispensable to a party the "must have" key component then I would buy it being a class that was unable to solo. Anyways I digress, I love mages just the fiesta mage has not been the best to play for me. Funny thing is I am sticking with mage in OB go figure. I guess I'm a glutton for punishment. *smiles at successfully hijacking the thread*

PS. if you take a mathematician and a literary scholar and enter them in a mathematics competition and a literary competition and the mathematician only succeeds at the math and the literary scholar succeeds in both contests then yes I say the mathematician is the least intelligent of the two. :P

Last edited by DragonReborn; 08-24-2007 at 09:25 PM..
Old 08-24-2007, 10:04 PM   #20
Valen
Fire Mushroom

Valen is on a distinguished road
Lol DR. Glutton for punishment indeed =P. Why not give Cleric a try though? They can be very independent soloers and in my experience save tons of money on stones/pots.
Closed Thread