Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 09-01-2007, 09:48 PM   #1
Zartemis
Hero Slime

Zartemis is on a distinguished road
Sooo...Axe, 1h sword, or 2h?

I've been hearing everybody luv on teh axes. But I am /extremely/(Read: Obsessively.) fond of 2h swords. And 1h swords are in the fight somewhere. Which is best for what, and which pwns overall?
Old 09-01-2007, 10:27 PM   #2
Destrus
Lizard Knight

Tournaments Won: 10

In-Game Name: Fyoran
Current Level: 3x
Server: teva
Destrus has a spectacular aura aboutDestrus has a spectacular aura about
using a axe cost me a lot of money in CB2, so much that i was forced to just go back to my archer. so axe for lvling i sbad, it'll cost you more money than you earn. however axe is great when you just want to do damage, i haven't found a reason to complain about a 600+ crit yet.
Old 09-01-2007, 11:31 PM   #3
a.L
A to the R to the K

a.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud of
I can't remember exactly, but I THINK I was able to kill a tad bit faster with a 1H sword than with a 2H. Haven't tried with an axe, since they're too slow IMO.
Old 09-01-2007, 11:49 PM   #4
Valentines
Will you be mine ?

In-Game Name: DieRomantiic
Current Level: 20
Server: Teva
Valentines has much to be proud ofValentines has much to be proud ofValentines has much to be proud ofValentines has much to be proud ofValentines has much to be proud ofValentines has much to be proud ofValentines has much to be proud ofValentines has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by AndyB View Post
Trust me the shield makes a difference in later levels, most of the level 46 + fighters in our guild had to switch to 1h for the extra def against the final boss in the mini dragon KQ just so we would have enough people keeping the monster aggro away from the ranged and healers. Mini dragon in the kq uses fear so more than 1 tank is needed.
Originally Posted by rokaraged View Post
Remember the shield is usually about the same amount of defense as your CHEST PLATE. Thats ALOT of defense.

Shields though IMO are mainly just for PVE.
1 handed swords will be worthless against clerics and will do low damage to high armored characters like fighters.
Originally Posted by AndyB View Post
I'll add a bit more on 1h since i pvped sasuke (uses 2h sword) on the last day of cb2.

1h definitely beats 2h in pvp damage wise. I was out damaging sasuke by quite a bit even with the shield. There was only 1 level between us so i don't think that would make much difference.

Not sure how the damage would have been vs a 2h axe wielder but i was outdamaging him, attacking faster and blocking so even though tequila was there as well if we'd had equal potions and stones i would have most likely won.

I definitely think the dev's need to look at 2h swords and improve them.

Adding abit more understanding here UchihaSasuke is 58 and AndyB is 59 in this fight
Originally Posted by rokaraged View Post
I have to see this in action.
Judging from just an experiencial standpoint 1handed sword damage is already extremely poor. They are increasingly ineffective against clerics and warrirors due to thier high def.

Axes on the other hand while they are slower, have very high damage and crit rates. 1 skill power hit crit and can pretty much know almost all of the hp of mages and archers of similar levels.

There is NO DELAY between skills. Allowing skill spamming between the axe and the 1handed sword to come at the SAME speed. You'll attack the same speed while dealing more damage with higher chance to crit
Some of the more higher levels opinions.

(copy/pasted from different topic)
Old 09-01-2007, 11:57 PM   #5
Zartemis
Hero Slime

Zartemis is on a distinguished road
It's beginning to look like the fight is between 1h and axe...opinions on those sides lean towards axe for dmg and 1h for defense...
Old 09-02-2007, 12:09 AM   #6
Valentines
Will you be mine ?

In-Game Name: DieRomantiic
Current Level: 20
Valentines has much to be proud ofValentines has much to be proud ofValentines has much to be proud ofValentines has much to be proud ofValentines has much to be proud ofValentines has much to be proud ofValentines has much to be proud ofValentines has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Zartemis View Post
It's beginning to look like the fight is between 1h and axe...opinions on those sides lean towards axe for dmg and 1h for defense...
AndyB said he was outdamaging Sasuke and his 2h(lvl50+9).

And also no-one really said much about 2h's so sorry
Old 11-26-2007, 02:08 PM   #7
asdarknessfalls13
Imp

In-Game Name: Shinza
Current Level: 25 going 26
Server: apoline
asdarknessfalls13 is on a distinguished road
definetly 1h
definetely 1h i have a sun rumen sword plus six with 27 dmg. 1h because even though 2h and axes do mre dmg, they have lower attk per sec rates than 1h but it willl be made up with the faster attk speed of 1hs and u can have a better def as u can use shields. I siggest getting a 1h as ur main with a shield, and a 2h for backup in case ur 1h gets fragged wille enhancing (ive lost 18s worth of rumen 1h)
Old 11-26-2007, 02:32 PM   #8
rokaraged
Naiad Demon

In-Game Name: Renin
Current Level: Renin- TEVA THE RENIN ON BIJOU IS A IMPOSTER
Server: SANITY IS FOR THE WEAK!!
rokaraged will become famous soon enoughrokaraged will become famous soon enough
Meh
1handed for party play
2handed- also for party play
axe - Solo and PVP

the thing is
when it comes to spamming attack skills. THE AXE WILL ATTACK JUST AS FAST AS A SWORD because there is NO SKILL OR ANIMATIN DELAY
The meaning of victory is not to defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his every achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can recover. That is the meaning of victory.
Old 11-26-2007, 06:53 PM   #9
AngellicDiety
Marlone

In-Game Name: AngellicDiety
Current Level: 1 divided by zero
AngellicDiety will become famous soon enoughAngellicDiety will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by asdarknessfalls13 View Post
definetely 1h i have a sun rumen sword plus six with 27 dmg. 1h because even though 2h and axes do mre dmg, they have lower attk per sec rates than 1h but it willl be made up with the faster attk speed of 1hs and u can have a better def as u can use shields. I siggest getting a 1h as ur main with a shield, and a 2h for backup in case ur 1h gets fragged wille enhancing (ive lost 18s worth of rumen 1h)
Uhm, Your 0.4 seconds dont add up when you calculate your damage over a period of time. Its been proven over and over, that in a given period of time an axe or two handed user deals more damage overall.

If you compare a 1-handed level 50 sword to a level 50 axe you need at least 4 shots to meet the damage of an axe. That is overall 4.4 seconds... whereas the axe user can deal the damage of your 4.4 seconds again and again in 1.5 seconds. By his 4.5 mark his damage already exceeds yours by a large margin.

The only advantage to a 1-hander is you can survive ruthless attacks from the Minidragon, black incubus, Legendary tree (with a cleric)...
Closed Thread