Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 10-16-2008, 05:00 PM   #1
zues8844
Hero Slime

zues8844 is on a distinguished road
Rep(utation) Guide

Hello, I am Zues8844, yes, the one and same from the Outspark Forums, and I'm bringing over a few of my guides to help out. Without further ado, my rep guide.

What is "Rep?"

Many users of the Fiesta forums have been wondering exactly what "Rep" is. Now, most of you might know what it is, so don't post comments like "Oh come on, what kind of moron doesn't know what Rep is?", or likewise. Rep stands for reputation.

How do you use this so called "Rep?"

How you add it is simple. Under a person's avatar (picture thing under their name), are 3 little icons. The first is a light, which shows if the person is online or offline. The second is the REPUTATION button, and the last is the warning button, used to send a PM (Private Message) to a GM if a certain post is flammatory, inappropriate, etc. By clicking on the reputation button, you have a choice of approving or disapproving of someone's posts. You can also type in a short reason why you approve/disapprove. Repping someone shows that you think their idea/comment is helpful. Personally, I have never disapproved of anyone's posts, I just let the mods take care of it.

What does adding "Rep" do?

Once you get enough rep, the little green box under your avatar (see line 4) may grow to 2 boxes, then 3, and so on, and demonstrated by our mods. Rep doesn't give you special privileges, it basically shows how helpful you are. Negative rep can happen, but it doesn't mean the person isn't trustworthy. It means that they haven't recieved any rep yet and some person may have disapproved of one of their posts for some reason. That is basically all there is to rep.

The mods and other people have lots of boxes, what's up with that?

The green box turns to 2 when you reach 100 rep. You gain another at 200. The gray boxes that show up when you click "Options" are rep that has been given, but may not count because the one who gave it to you doesn't have a high enough post count, and therefore may be a rep spammer that a hacker made to seem trustworthy. After you gain 5 boxes of rep, you start getting shinier, brighter boxes of rep instead. After getting 500 rep, you must get up to 700 to get another box, and then again 200 to the next one.

What are the requirements for using "Rep?"

Your +rep doesn't count towards people unless you have around ~20 posts, so don't bother repping til you get that much. Also, don't spam stuff just to get your posts up, because then people will neg-rep YOU.

What happens if I spam "Rep?"

Also, there is a set amount of people you can rep each day, overreping will cause you to not be able to pass on rep, positive or negative, for 24 hours. Also, the moderators can see how much you have been repping, and spam repping can get you banned.

Also, you can only rep again after repping (positive or negative) 5 other people.

*How much rep you can give someone depends on how much rep you have (I think). My rep was worth 13 to someone with 0 rep at the time.*

If you feel that this guide has helped, please feel free to try, on your own, exactly how the +rep button works ^.^

***WARNING***

Quote:

It seems there are some individuals who are using the forum reputation system as a means of retaliation or revenge towards players who may have added negative rep to a post for a valid reason. I have made similar announcements before but this seems to be one of those issues, like blacklisting, which needs to be brought back to the surface from time to time.

Firstly, what is spamrepping? Spamrepping, by definition, is when one person repeatedly awards + rep or – rep to another for whatever reason. Typically, when you rep someone, you must wait a certain period of time before repping them again. Some players have taken it upon themselves to create alternate profiles to repeatedly rep another individual, positive or negative. This action would constitute abuse.

The reputation system on the forums is a means to award those who post helpful, insightful or otherwise pleasant posts, or alert someone that their post may have been disruptive, negative or otherwise unpleasant. It is to be used for no other purpose. If you find a post worthy of rep, either + or -, then do so once only.

Now, why is spamrepping considered abusive? Well, other than it is spelled out pretty clearly in the Forum Rules, #6, it is also considered a violation of the Terms of Service, specifically, in part or in whole:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terms of Service
d) You may not use any unlawful, threatening, abusive, obscene, harmful, defamatory, vulgar, harassing, hateful, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable language toward any other player, in any language as deemed inappropriate by support personnel. The availability of a profanity/language filter is not to grant permission or license to use such language in any form.

e) You may not threaten, harass, nor cause another player distress or create unwanted attention to other players, as interpreted or determined by Outspark support personnel at their sole and absolute discretion.

o) You may not exploit any bug, feature, or design within the Outspark Service. You may not intentionally use and/or share such information, real or fictitious, regardless of intent, or if it grants an unfair advantage. You may not directly or indirectly communicate the existence of such exploit to another user of the Outspark Service. You will report any such exploit via the bug reporting process outlined on the Outspark Site.

w) You may not do anything that interferes with the capability of other Outspark Members to enjoy the Outspark Service as defined by the Terms of Service, or that increases the expense or difficulty to Outspark of maintaining the Outspark Service for Outspark Members.

x) You may not intentionally submit inaccurate information, nor otherwise abuse any help, email, or petitioning system.

y) You may not attempt to use any aspect of the Outspark Service that is not authorized, approved, or controlled by Outspark or applicable license holders.

Now that we’ve established that spamrepping, + or – is considered abusive, we move into the more interesting aspect of this issue: the punishment.

Any reports of spamrepping will be investigated by a Community Leader. Any persons found guilty of spamrepping on these forums, wither + or -, will be subject to an infraction against their account. Continued activity may lead to a temporary suspension of their forum access and up to, but not limited to, the full termination of their account and any alternative accounts.

I hope I have made this point perfectly clear. If you have any questions concerning this or any of the forum rules, please feel free to PM me.

Thank you for your continued cooperation.
Guide was made completely by myself, on own experience, etc.
Feel free to comment, and give suggestions or point out errors.
Old 10-22-2008, 09:27 PM   #2
wompastompa
Kebing

Advanced Curveball Champion!Tournaments Won: 2

In-Game Name: CHRONO_MAGE, Serenytty, InfernalDee
Current Level: 41/30/28
Server: TEVA,APOLINE,TEVA
wompastompa is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to wompastompa
how do you know all this and only have 8 posts?????
Old 10-22-2008, 09:31 PM   #3
Ralath
Bbang ggoo ddong ggoo

Tournaments Won: 36

Ralath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Ralath
Rep isn't specific to just FiestaFan. Zues posts a lot on the official Outspark forums.

At any rate, it's not fair to judge people by the amount of posts they have. Some people are very knowledgable and have very few posts.
Old 10-22-2008, 09:35 PM   #4
wompastompa
Kebing

Advanced Curveball Champion!Tournaments Won: 2

In-Game Name: CHRONO_MAGE, Serenytty, InfernalDee
Current Level: 41/30/28
Server: TEVA,APOLINE,TEVA
wompastompa is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to wompastompa
like me!!! *sinister laugh*

I would agree, but I just had to put that out....just to let you know, I wanted zeus to answer not yooooooo(JK>JK>JK>JK)
Old 10-26-2008, 05:48 PM   #5
zues8844
Hero Slime

zues8844 is on a distinguished road
You yourself only have 77 posts.......on the Outspark Forums, I have 6.3k.........so yeah
Closed Thread