Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 05-23-2009, 10:40 PM   #11
Hraesvelg
Blaaaaaah 2 u 2

In-Game Name: Hraesvelg
Current Level: 6X
Server: Teva
Hraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of light

I wouldn't know.
Old 05-24-2009, 02:13 AM   #12
Ralath
Bbang ggoo ddong ggoo

Tournaments Won: 36

Ralath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Ralath
It's not.

The description Hrae gave doesn't even sound like High School Musical.

I mean... yeah, some of the characters are kind of stereotypical but at the same time... it's high school music-comedy. It's forgivable.

Last edited by Ralath; 05-24-2009 at 02:17 AM..
Old 05-24-2009, 02:19 AM   #13
Jikanu
Lizardman

In-Game Name: Jikanu
Current Level: 46
Server: Teva
Jikanu will become famous soon enoughJikanu will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Hraesvelg View Post
I wouldn't know.
If i had the choice, i wouldnt either. Little Sister + Highschool Musical = Seppuku.

Originally Posted by Ralath View Post
It's not.

The description Hrae gave doesn't even sound like High School Musical.

I mean... yeah, some of the characters are kind of stereotypical but at the same time... it's high school music-comedy. It's forgivable.
...it's EXACTLY Like that. Jock joins musical, upsets social order.

Only difference is the teacher.
Old 05-24-2009, 04:43 AM   #14
Ralath
Bbang ggoo ddong ggoo

Ralath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to behold
Sure... I guess HSM and Glee are similar in the same ways that LotR and Harry Potter are similar...

While there are some similar elements in both HSM and Glee (such as a jock joining a musical group), it's hard to reduce HSM down to that single element when, in HSM, it's hard to see Troy joining the musical as bringing down the... "social order." Also, remember that Gabrielle was herself the nerd who didn't particularly care to join either. And then HSM2 and HSM3 have little of those themes involved. In Glee, when the football player joins glee club, it doesn't really bring down the "social order" anyway.

It's too early to tell what Glee will turn out to be exactly. For sure, it's not directed at the pre-teens.

I'm assuming you haven't even watched the episode yet. I doubt you'll like Glee but it's hard to make comparisons between two things when you haven't seen both things.

The only similarities I can see as far as the two shows go is that they both involved music and that they're both portrayed in a high school setting where there are bound to be some of the same archetypes played out.

Old 05-24-2009, 05:11 AM   #15
Hyper
Sucked back into the 'net

In-Game Name: An occupation
Current Level: 8 hours a day
Server: 4reL-lyfe
Hyper is infamous around these partsHyper is infamous around these partsHyper is infamous around these partsHyper is infamous around these partsHyper is infamous around these partsHyper is infamous around these partsHyper is infamous around these parts
I didn't want to ever join the bandwagon, but I was bored, so... I watched the pilot. Pretty good, I have to say.
Old 05-24-2009, 05:20 AM   #16
Ralath
Bbang ggoo ddong ggoo

I had actually seen an advance preview of Glee on the internet as part of... a survey. lol...

And I actually thought it was really stupid then. The preview was stupid anyway.

Closed Thread