Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Old 11-02-2008, 10:41 PM   #41
a.L
A to the R to the K

a.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud of

We have no exciting holidays. >_>
a.L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 01:57 AM   #42
Hraesvelg
Blaaaaaah 2 u 2

In-Game Name: Hraesvelg
Current Level: 6X
Server: Teva
Hraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of light
You say that like Halloween is a strictly American holiday...it isn't. It's origins are in Europe, with the Catholic annexing of an even older pagan holiday. Today's more secular celebration can be enjoyed anywhere, though. Just because Australia doesn't have a "native" tradition of celebrating it doesn't mean it wouldn't be a lot of fun.
Old 11-03-2008, 02:12 AM   #43
Hessah
Hardcore Procrastinator

Burger Time Champion! Cannon Ball Follies 2 Champion!
Tournaments Won: 51

In-Game Name: Hessah / Ble~ehs
Current Level: 91 / 85 / 79 / 65 / 28
Server: Teeeeeee-vah
Hessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Andromeda View Post
I wish more people would realize Australia is not America we dont celebrate Halloween. I know people are trying to but lets be honest Halloween =/= Australia. Its like Australia celebrating the 4th of July so awkward and not going to happen.
I just said that in reference to Loki's, not really saying that my mum would have treats for Halloween...

but I agree that Halloween here would be weird...

and just because we dont have a native tradition, does that mean we should pick up someone else's?

I'm sure its fun and all but, it just doesnt seem to fit here.... yet..?

But i can see that 10 yrs down the track we might start hving this "tradition"..... the marketing plots for halloween is getting bigger and bigger.....

G____G

G____GTevaG____G
Heart___G_Hessah_G___Heart
79 - Paladin | 85 - Enchanter | 91 - Scoutxx
Ninja text! For those who's easily amused
I can show you the woooorld!
I don't want to see it!
okay...

Hessah is offline   Reply With Quote