Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Old 02-18-2010, 04:11 AM   #1
Triumph
Wiki Head Admin

Deal or No Deal Champion!Tournaments Won: 1

In-Game Name: FFXIV
Current Level: 80
Server: Coeurl
Triumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud of
Ralath

I tried unlocking torrents. STS did a pretty good job, took a while, but:

I will not do this again though. I limited bandwidth upload to 5 kb/s, I know that's leecher-ish behavior, but I can't risk setting off too many red flags. Obviously it can be done with external programs, but that's risky.

EDIT:

Passed firewall successfully. I'm posting this just to inform you that it's possible, but if you choose to attempt it, it's at your own risk.

Last edited by Triumph; 02-18-2010 at 04:22 AM.. Reason: Commented and added information. I see Blah lurking. ^_^
Triumph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 04:23 AM   #2
Ralath
Bbang ggoo ddong ggoo

Tournaments Won: 36

Ralath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Ralath
You can torrent wirelessly in public locations.

Ralath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 04:23 AM   #3
Triumph
Wiki Head Admin

Triumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud of
Oh? Did not know that. Then again, I haven't had wireless since school started.

Define "public".
Old 02-18-2010, 04:25 AM   #4
Ralath
Bbang ggoo ddong ggoo

Ralath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to behold
DUC, maybe?

How have you not had wireless?

Old 02-18-2010, 04:32 AM   #5
Triumph
Wiki Head Admin

Windows 7 compatibility issues. I occasionally get the non-S variant of wireless.

Other Windows 7 people have wireless though... I accessed wireless fine from another person's laptop. Guess my laptop just fails.
Old 02-18-2010, 05:02 AM   #6
Ralath
Bbang ggoo ddong ggoo

Hmmm. Must be your laptop. I have friends who have Windows 7 and they get wireless fine.

I actually have wireless problems too but part of the problem is because of HP wireless. Something shitty goes on with it. I'll be using the wireless fine and then I'll just lose the wireless connection and can't reconnect.... never have that problem at home.

Old 02-18-2010, 08:21 AM   #7
Triumph
Wiki Head Admin

Yep. I run an HP laptop too.

Oh yeah, curious... what's your housing lottery number, and how's it work? Heard a lot of different stories, so maybe you'll have a better take on it.
Old 02-18-2010, 01:37 PM   #8
Ralath
Bbang ggoo ddong ggoo

I think you have two numbers right? One for your ResCollege and then one for the general lottery.

If you just want to stay in your ResCollege, then the other number doesn't matter. I'm pretty sure it'll just be the average of the four numbers of the people who live in the suite and the lower the better...

It's not really a big deal unless you want to live right next to somebody...

I can't exactly remember the process but your RAs should be holding floor meetings to go over it...

Old 02-18-2010, 04:42 PM   #9
Sparkeh
Nothing here, move along.

Sparkeh is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Sparkeh
I dun get this thread... o_o
Sparkeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 04:54 PM   #10
Triumph
Wiki Head Admin

Originally Posted by Ralath View Post
I think you have two numbers right? One for your ResCollege and then one for the general lottery.

If you just want to stay in your ResCollege, then the other number doesn't matter. I'm pretty sure it'll just be the average of the four numbers of the people who live in the suite and the lower the better...

It's not really a big deal unless you want to live right next to somebody...

I can't exactly remember the process but your RAs should be holding floor meetings to go over it...
Lower doesn't make any sense. Current freshmen should have higher priority than current sophomores, which have higher priority than current juniors, etc.