Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Old 06-11-2012, 11:29 PM   #1
Triumph
Wiki Head Admin

Deal or No Deal Champion!Tournaments Won: 1

In-Game Name: FFXIV
Current Level: 80
Server: Coeurl
Triumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud of
$2.2k base for retina Macbook Pro

Apple sticks this high of a price premium, and the things are still selling like hot cakes. Ignoring the OSX/Windows flame wars, the retina MBPs lack:

1. Optical drive, but who uses optical nowadays.

2. Built-in Ethernet, which is pretty important if you're in a workplace, or you're like me and hate using wireless because of unreliability.

3. Soldered parts... lolwut

4. 650M... for $2.2k, all they give you is a 650M...

Can't think of anything else, will edit, currently stuck in rush hour traffic and the frustration of traffic caused me to post this out of boredom. Lol.
Triumph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 07:39 AM   #2
Sparkeh
Nothing here, move along.

Sparkeh is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Sparkeh
So you are saying Macbook pro sucks?
Sparkeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 12:12 PM   #3
Ralath
Bbang ggoo ddong ggoo

Tournaments Won: 36

Ralath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Ralath
Don't drive and text!!

Ralath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 02:34 PM   #4
Yosei
Corgi Addict

In-Game Name: Cubyrop(WoW)
Current Level: 85
Server: Maelstrom
Yosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Yosei Send a message via Yahoo to Yosei
They may not necessarily suck per se... but they are rip offs for their price.
Yosei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 03:55 AM   #5
Lirange
Bad Kid

The build quality, I hear, of Macbook Pro's are top notch though. Apparently they have the "best" track pad. The new windows 8 tablet/laptop hybrids interest me much more.
Old 06-14-2012, 12:23 AM   #6
Triumph
Wiki Head Admin

Deal or No Deal Champion!Tournaments Won: 1

In-Game Name: FFXIV
Current Level: 80
Server: Coeurl
Triumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud of
They're phenomenal machines, don't get me wrong, but they aren't justified at a $2.2k price tag. $1.5k or so and yeah, it's fine. Keep in mind AppleCare is pretty much a necessity since replacing the screen will require replacing the entire laptop itself.

I've looked at the retina screens in the Apple Store itself, and it is truly top of the line. Also, Ralath, you sound like my mom. Haha
Triumph is offline   Reply With Quote