Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 05-08-2009, 08:02 AM   #61
Hraesvelg
Blaaaaaah 2 u 2

In-Game Name: Hraesvelg
Current Level: 6X
Server: Teva
Hraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Bubs View Post
A few months ago in 2k8 around December, they said some scientist was going into the black-hole to stop it exploding and if he phailed the whole world was coming to an end.

He Phailed.
Were Alive.
Whopee.
xD

**Was my teachers birthday o:**
Hmm, I think I speak for the vast majority of the members of FF that are familiar with recent history and the science behind black holes when I say...

WAT?
Old 05-08-2009, 01:03 PM   #62
Hazu
Blue Clover Trumpy

In-Game Name: Lets run away
Current Level: together
Server: from this place
Hazu will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to Hazu
o.o would that happen to have anything to do with the collinder? 'Cause I read that was supposed to start little black holes or something but it wasnt in december, if I read right.

But lol never heard of what your talking bout either really o.o;
Old 05-08-2009, 02:16 PM   #63
Bubs
Bored Imp

In-Game Name: Wtfx? =3 Am I seriously supposed to fill this in?
Current Level: 105
Server: Bijou
Bubs is on a distinguished road
Your kidding me, right?
The whole school was talking about it and my teacher was like " NOBODY IS GUNNA DIE ON MY BIRTHDAY "

**Not including those in Africa**
^**Not meant in bad way**^

jOiN tEh DaRk SiDe, We GoT c00kIeS aNd LuBe ;3
Old 05-08-2009, 02:20 PM   #64
Hraesvelg
Blaaaaaah 2 u 2

Hraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of light
What ARE you on about? Seriously. Can you link us to information about this "event"? Does your whole school routinely eat paste?
Old 05-08-2009, 02:21 PM   #65
Yosei
Corgi Addict

In-Game Name: Cubyrop(WoW)
Current Level: 85
Server: Maelstrom
Yosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Yosei Send a message via Yahoo to Yosei
Originally Posted by Hazu View Post
o.o would that happen to have anything to do with the collinder? 'Cause I read that was supposed to start little black holes or something but it wasnt in december, if I read right.

But lol never heard of what your talking bout either really o.o;
It can, but if it does, they're apparently so small, they'd just die out before they'd do anything.

Thats why everyone was freaking out about it. But its mostly sarcastic fear.
Old 05-08-2009, 02:34 PM   #66
Hraesvelg
Blaaaaaah 2 u 2

Is that what our grammatically-challenged friend is trying to say? That the Large Hadron Collider was supposed to make a black hole and kill us all? Because that's wildly, wildly speculative. Even if a micro-singularity was created, it wouldn't last long enough to gather enough mass to do anything. That's if any even form at all, which is doubtful.
Old 05-08-2009, 02:34 PM   #67
Bubs
Bored Imp

In-Game Name: Wtfx? =3 Am I seriously supposed to fill this in?
Current Level: 105
Server: Bijou
Bubs is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Hraesvelg View Post
What ARE you on about? Seriously. Can you link us to information about this "event"? Does your whole school routinely eat paste?
But but, I did not find the link x;
Dont kill me =3

jOiN tEh DaRk SiDe, We GoT c00kIeS aNd LuBe ;3
Old 05-08-2009, 02:52 PM   #68
pigspark
Baby Werebear

Tournaments Won: 1

In-Game Name: Ultimious, Soul_Aimer
Current Level: 51
Server: apoline
pigspark is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to pigspark Send a message via Yahoo to pigspark
Originally Posted by Hraesvelg View Post
Is that what our grammatically-challenged friend is trying to say? That the Large Hadron Collider was supposed to make a black hole and kill us all? Because that's wildly, wildly speculative. Even if a micro-singularity was created, it wouldn't last long enough to gather enough mass to do anything. That's if any even form at all, which is doubtful.
we dont know if they have even succedded in making the mini black hole yet cause nothings happened yet so yeah who knows whts going on in that lab

Old 05-08-2009, 07:47 PM   #69
Amber_Bamber
Sand Ratman

In-Game Name: Amber_Bamber | Bambie
Current Level: Lvl 7x | 2x
Server: Teva ♥ | Ancestral Ruins
Amber_Bamber is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Amber_Bamber Send a message via MSN to Amber_Bamber Send a message via Yahoo to Amber_Bamber Send a message via Skype™ to Amber_Bamber
rawr XD i just read this whole thread...and its interesting

but first off,
A lot of people are superstitious, Maybe not on FF, But around the world. 6/6/6 was 3-ish years ago. And I assume that all the superstitious people would think something terrible would go wrong, we'd all die or billions of people would die. NOTHING bad happened besides a child being born..? Thats not bad XD anyways, I don't think the date matters.

HOW can all the scientists and all those people KNOW that 12/21/12 will be the EXACT date we die. Do the know they second? The Minute? The Hour? For all we know, It could happen 12/22/12. Things CHANGE as we go on in our lives. We CANNOT predict everything. We CANNOT predict our deaths. We die when we die. Something could go on in space and make a meteor that is supposedly hit Earth, go off-course. It could then hit Mars or Jupiter or Venus! People get too ahead of themselves, Things change while the days...months...and years go on. Don't predict everything, It isn't possible.

People are always thinking about the future and the past. But why live in the past/future? Live in the present. Live your life how you would want to live it, Without thinking you're going to die in 3 years. When the day comes, The day comes. If it doesn't, It doesn't.

And like other people on this thread stated, Scientists have predicted that we were going to die in 2007, I think. I'm not sure, It's either 2006-08. And guess what. We're all here...Aren't we? No huge meteor collided with Earth and wiped out all of us. No atomic bombs dropped anywhere. And we're here. They were wrong. And do we need the definition of 'predict'?
Quote:
pre⋅dict
   /prɪˈdɪkt/ Spelled Pronunciation [pri-dikt]
–verb (used with object)
1. to declare or tell in advance; prophesy; foretell: to predict the weather; to predict the fall of a civilization.
It isn't knowing in advance. We don't know everything. Nobody does. To me, Predicting something is like..an Educated Guess? Kinda..I guess. For all we know, All the famous, smartest scientists in the world could be wrong. And they shouldn't be predicting when we die. Like I said, We die when we die and we cannot chose when and where and how we die.

x]dunno, we talk about this in school sometimes. I don't really believe it since scientists were wrong in the past. But who knows, They could be right. But for now, I'll live my life the way I should live it.
In the present.

chan rak khun
Old 05-08-2009, 08:49 PM   #70
Hazu
Blue Clover Trumpy

In-Game Name: Lets run away
Current Level: together
Server: from this place
Hazu will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to Hazu
Quote:
But who knows, They could be right. But for now, I'll live my life the way I should live it.
In the present.
ilu.

But you're right though and this is like... never brought up in my school. It was mentioned once in my art class and everyone was just like.. "Kewl" and went on with their work xD