Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 10-14-2008, 10:43 PM   #1
Carmasa
Marlone Clan Soldier

Carmasa is infamous around these parts
Send a message via AIM to Carmasa
AHH! Yes on Prop 8?!

When I was walking home from school today with a few of my friends, I saw on the corner of two intersecting streets [no houses on either side] a Vote Yes on Prop. 8 sign.

I tore it down and kicked it into the sewer after yelling out a few explitives. Five minutes later, when we got on one of my friend's streets, there was another one on someone's front lawn- of course I yelled the same few explitives, but since it's on private property, I can't legally mess with the sign.

"Look behind you" another friend said, then I turned around and saw three more.

F*CK THAT SH*T!

I didn't see one single Vote NO on Prop. 8 sign! That's what pissed me off the most!!

Now I know which houses to hit. Happy Halloween, douchebags! >_>
Old 10-14-2008, 10:54 PM   #2
Hraesvelg
Blaaaaaah 2 u 2

In-Game Name: Hraesvelg
Current Level: 6X
Server: Teva
Hraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of light
For those wondering what Carmassa is ranting about, specifically:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Califor...sition_8_(2008)

At least, I'm assuming that's the Prop 8 he's talking about.

I'd suggest being a bit more proactive since you have strong feelings. Contact a local campaign office, I'm sure someone has signs avaliable for you to put up as well.
Old 10-14-2008, 10:59 PM   #3
Carmasa
Marlone Clan Soldier

Originally Posted by Hraesvelg View Post
For those wondering what Carmassa is ranting about, specifically:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Califor...sition_8_(2008)

At least, I'm assuming that's the Prop 8 he's talking about.

I'd suggest being a bit more proactive since you have strong feelings. Contact a local campaign office, I'm sure someone has signs avaliable for you to put up as well.
I woud, but I'm sure I'd need a parent's signature or approval/something revolving around my parents before I do anything.

1. My parents are voting YES - -
2. I refuse to tell them I'm gay, since my mom would disown me and my dad would beat me like he used to
Old 10-14-2008, 11:04 PM   #4
Hraesvelg
Blaaaaaah 2 u 2

Hraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of light
You shouldn't need a parent's permission to help out. Check out either
http://www.noonprop8.com or http://www.eqca.org/site/pp.asp?c=kuLRJ9MRKrH&b=4375153 or
http://www.votenoonproposition8.com/

for contact information for various groups dedicated to your cause. You're never too young to become a part of the political process.
Old 10-14-2008, 11:05 PM   #5
Hessah
Hardcore Procrastinator

Burger Time Champion! Cannon Ball Follies 2 Champion!
Tournaments Won: 51

In-Game Name: Hessah / Ble~ehs
Current Level: 91 / 85 / 79 / 65 / 28
Server: Teeeeeee-vah
Hessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond repute
Ohh... All the Rage should be for Fiesta Related... but anyway...

I hope the Yes NO votes wins. People kept saying "I wont enforce my opinion on others" yet they stop others from marrying the ones they love just because of their gender.

I really don't see why they're not allowed in this day and age. It's not like if the marriage is between a man and woman, it'd make it much more happier and last forever after.

Esp in a country that's not run by dictatorship (is that the word?)

EDIT: Wait, voting YES = support same sex marriage right?

If you're gay, wouldnt you WANT that?

Double EDIT: I mis-read... I'd go for No as well. Support same sex marriage.

So they want to take it away?

G____G

G____GTevaG____G
Heart___G_Hessah_G___Heart
79 - Paladin | 85 - Enchanter | 91 - Scoutxx
Ninja text! For those who's easily amused
I can show you the woooorld!
I don't want to see it!
okay...

Last edited by Hessah; 10-14-2008 at 11:08 PM.. Reason: Misread the proposition.... >.>
Old 10-14-2008, 11:14 PM   #6
Carmasa
Marlone Clan Soldier

Oh God dammit. I keep forgetting all the rage is Fiesta related... Which by the way, why is? Can't there a rage section for real-life situations? ._.
Old 10-15-2008, 12:58 AM   #7
Yosei
Corgi Addict

In-Game Name: Cubyrop(WoW)
Current Level: 85
Server: Maelstrom
Yosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Yosei Send a message via Yahoo to Yosei
Just because you support the cause, they shouldn't assume you're gay. So if they were to ask, just say you sympathize?
Old 10-15-2008, 01:23 AM   #8
Carmasa
Marlone Clan Soldier

My parents,the ultra-Christians they are, wouldn't buy it.
Old 10-15-2008, 01:27 AM   #9
Hraesvelg
Blaaaaaah 2 u 2

Oh, please, Yosei. My parents think I'm gay just because a few of my friends are and I'm not married. If he gets involved openly, his parents will jump to that conclusion. The people who are vocal supporters of this type of thing aren't usually big on logic or reason.
Old 10-15-2008, 01:34 AM   #10
Yosei
Corgi Addict

In-Game Name: Cubyrop(WoW)
Current Level: 85
Server: Maelstrom
Yosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Yosei Send a message via Yahoo to Yosei
My dad told me if I ever became a lesbian, he would disown me. He is your stereotypical Catholic man. I openly let them know I support gay marriage and adoption... doesn't make me gay. I just feel if two people love eachother, let it be.
Closed Thread