Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 02-12-2008, 01:28 AM   #1
AnimosityAlone
Sharp Boar

Tournaments Won: 2

In-Game Name: Animosity (Professor)
Current Level: 99/70
Server: RO
AnimosityAlone is a splendid one to beholdAnimosityAlone is a splendid one to beholdAnimosityAlone is a splendid one to beholdAnimosityAlone is a splendid one to beholdAnimosityAlone is a splendid one to beholdAnimosityAlone is a splendid one to behold
"Best Game Ever"

I was going to post this in MoS, but this forum seems to fit the bill nicely.

I've seen a lot of people post that they think Fiesta is the best game ever. With its myriad of issues, I can only wonder... what other games have you played? What are you comparing Fiesta Online to that makes it the 'best game ever'? Is it the only MMO you've ever played, perhaps?

Below, I've listed some of my complaints about Fiesta Online. Reply if you'd like.

Character Variety: There are a whopping 4 classes. And 5 stats. That makes for 2-3 builds per class, maximum. And each character has the same skills, so there is no variety at all. Take four level 30 mages, and compare their stats/builds. Odds are, they'll be almost exactly the same except for their equips.

Cash Shop: Perfect enhancement? More EXP than other players? It's unbalancing. And it's ridiculously expensive. A lot of you people are paying upwards of $30 a month to play this game, and most P2P games are less expensive than that.

Bugs: This game has so many, and we never see any resolutions.

Customer Support: Where is it?

Improving the Game: Outspark doesn't seem to. You 6x players are still grinding in AEW, right? But they do add new Cash Shop items at regular intervals...

Gameplay Variety: I'm coming back to variety. When you log on, odds are you're going to grind or KQ. Or maybe harvest for production skills. But you're probably going to grind or KQ. What else is there to do?

Bots: Lol. I've never seen so many bots. Well, I've seen higher numbers of bots on more popular games, but the bot:player ratio on this one is unreal. And there's no end in sight.

In sum, if you believe Fiesta Online is the best game ever made, that's entirely your opinion. However, I would challenge you to look around before you make that claim. It's not like Outspark's GMs lurk here.

Last edited by AnimosityAlone; 02-12-2008 at 01:30 AM..
Old 02-12-2008, 01:38 AM   #2
Belaslav
Yank me.

In-Game Name: -quit-
Current Level: -quit-
Server: Teva
Belaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Belaslav
No. Fiesta is definitely not the best game ever. And at this rate, it will never even be considered the best game ever.

IMO, the best game ever is Crysis. Most realistic graphics I have ever seen in my entire gaming life.

Free software for Virus, Malware, Adware and Spyware protection: Avast and Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware.

Those of you using Firefox I recommend NoScript and AdBlock Plus addons.
Old 02-12-2008, 01:40 AM   #3
AnimosityAlone
Sharp Boar

AnimosityAlone is a splendid one to beholdAnimosityAlone is a splendid one to beholdAnimosityAlone is a splendid one to beholdAnimosityAlone is a splendid one to beholdAnimosityAlone is a splendid one to beholdAnimosityAlone is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Belaslav View Post
No. Fiesta is definetly not the best game ever. And at this rate, it will never even be considered the best game ever.

IMO, the best game ever is Crysis. Most realistic graphics I have ever seen in my entire gaming life.
I agree that Crysis is a graphical masterpiece, and based solely on the level of interactivity it was a great play for a while.

But I didn't like the multiplayer system, so I can't say it's the best game ever.
Old 02-12-2008, 01:44 AM   #4
Belaslav
Yank me.

In-Game Name: -quit-
Current Level: -quit-
Belaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Belaslav
Meh, never tried the multiplayer matches.

Free software for Virus, Malware, Adware and Spyware protection: Avast and Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware.

Those of you using Firefox I recommend NoScript and AdBlock Plus addons.
Old 02-12-2008, 01:45 AM   #5
Hessah
Hardcore Procrastinator

Burger Time Champion! Cannon Ball Follies 2 Champion!
Tournaments Won: 51

In-Game Name: Hessah / Ble~ehs
Current Level: 91 / 85 / 79 / 65 / 28
Server: Teeeeeee-vah
Hessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond repute
Counter attack? kekeke ok wat other games i have played that is WROST than Fiesta..

Runescape: Poor graphics... end of story XD

ROSE Online (International version): This game has HEAPS of hackers and people managed to duplicate in game items which drove the economy worst than wat happened to Flyff, i was an "open beta" thing but nothing was being monitored... until eventually they closed the entire server with the reason "too many ppl hacking"...

Flyff: i didnt like the tradeable CS item thing coz it drove the economy mad... by the time i saved up enough for 1 Spro, i need double the amount! (massive inflation). This game hardly hv any quest, new armour set once every 15 levels, u need to level skills =/ (i think they changed it after a few version but that's the version i know)

I've never played any pay-2-play games so i've never seen any GREAT services... so far i think everyone game i played had some sort of bug after each patch, i dont think many companies could avoid that... it's the way programming works...

i can see that outspark is trying their best to keep thing in order.. they're not doing a great job... but at least i can feel that they tried to care... they may not be the BEST game, but i've seen worst...

G____G

G____GTevaG____G
Heart___G_Hessah_G___Heart
79 - Paladin | 85 - Enchanter | 91 - Scoutxx
Ninja text! For those who's easily amused
I can show you the woooorld!
I don't want to see it!
okay...

Last edited by Hessah; 02-12-2008 at 01:50 AM..
Old 02-12-2008, 01:53 AM   #6
AnimosityAlone
Sharp Boar

Originally Posted by Hessah View Post
Counter attack? kekeke ok wat other games i have played that is WROST than Fiesta..

Runescape: Poor graphics... end of story XD
Yes, the graphics are worse. But there is a lot more to do, and you can better customize your build/character to fit what you want. And their P2P system works wonders; they have separate servers for F2P and P2P players, so there is never any upset in balance. Jagex always updates on time, too...

ROSE Online (International version)
Flyff
I never played ROSE and I could never really get into FlyFF, so I won't argue that they're better.

I've never played any pay-2-play games so i've never seen any GREAT services... so far i think everyone game i played had some sort of bug after each patch, i dont think many companies could avoid that... it's the way programming works...
But how fast do they fix it?

i can see that outspark is trying their best to keep thing in order.. they're not doing a great job... but at least i can feel that they tried to care... keke yeah i've seen worst...
I'm not going to argue that there aren't worse games out there. Of course there are.

But there are also better games.

Note that I am not trying to offend anyone here. All opinions (especially those in opposition to mine) are welcome!

Last edited by AnimosityAlone; 02-12-2008 at 01:55 AM..
Old 02-12-2008, 02:14 AM   #7
Hessah
Hardcore Procrastinator

Burger Time Champion! Cannon Ball Follies 2 Champion!
Tournaments Won: 51

In-Game Name: Hessah / Ble~ehs
Current Level: 91 / 85 / 79 / 65 / 28
Server: Teeeeeee-vah
Hessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by AnimosityAlone View Post
Yes, the graphics are worse. But there is a lot more to do, and you can better customize your build/character to fit what you want. And their P2P system works wonders; they have separate servers for F2P and P2P players, so there is never any upset in balance. Jagex always updates on time, too...
actually i dont think they ahd P2P when i was playin RS.. or i never realised there was one... kekeke all i remember is being scammed with their trade system (i think they improved that now) and i quit ever since XD

But how fast do they fix it?
yeah true.. i dont remember.. probably faster than Outspark HAHA since outspark are like "we gotta wait for another patch from korea" while other games had their own developers i think

Note that I am not trying to offend anyone here. All opinions (especially those in opposition to mine) are welcome!
Ya! totally understand.. it's all a healthy discussion XD

G____G

G____GTevaG____G
Heart___G_Hessah_G___Heart
79 - Paladin | 85 - Enchanter | 91 - Scoutxx
Ninja text! For those who's easily amused
I can show you the woooorld!
I don't want to see it!
okay...

Old 02-12-2008, 02:17 AM   #8
Hyper
Sucked back into the 'net

In-Game Name: An occupation
Current Level: 8 hours a day
Server: 4reL-lyfe
Hyper is infamous around these partsHyper is infamous around these partsHyper is infamous around these partsHyper is infamous around these partsHyper is infamous around these partsHyper is infamous around these partsHyper is infamous around these parts
Yes, Yes, YES!

All true. It's pretty disappointing.

Why can't they just ask OnOnSoft if they can just copy everything over? v.v
Old 02-12-2008, 02:28 AM   #9
Enraya
WONDERARCHER

Enraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to behold
Hmm ...

What I find disappointing in Fiesta is the lack of skill. I've been studying up on Shaiya lately, and you can do so much there. Backflips, sidesteps to avoid attacks, etc. It requires skill to manipulate. I've compared a Fiesta guild war and a Shaiya guildwar, it just looked so ... different ><

BUT, I think Fiesta has a really great community. In companies like Aeriagames, they have tons of people like game sages and GMs, but Outspark has really little. For the little people they have, I think Outspark is doing very well, and their GMs are very nice too.

Also, Fiesta's community is really nice. Great guilds, great people (at least most of the times) I can't compare it to much, since Fiesta is my first MMO, but I think it's pretty nice =)

{ enraya ! }
Old 02-12-2008, 02:43 AM   #10
Yosei
Corgi Addict

In-Game Name: Cubyrop(WoW)
Current Level: 85
Server: Maelstrom
Yosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Yosei Send a message via Yahoo to Yosei
I think it isn't the greatest game, especially for hardcore gamers. But, I am not a hardcore gamer, I think its fine for me.
Closed Thread