Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 08-11-2008, 12:54 PM   #1
Hessah
Hardcore Procrastinator

Burger Time Champion! Cannon Ball Follies 2 Champion!
Tournaments Won: 51

In-Game Name: Hessah / Ble~ehs
Current Level: 91 / 85 / 79 / 65 / 28
Server: Teeeeeee-vah
Hessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond repute
"Tank" GS? You're kidding me...

I'm getting annoyed with the number of fighters that volunteer to "tank" GS... "But i'm not mocking any babies"

Dude.. the hardest part is to tank the babies... ANYONE could tank GS alone... and u get clerics that says "ALL CLERIC ON XXX"... geez... this isnt Mara KQ!

And to that fighter that "tanked" GS, and run everytime babies spawn so you dont get any of it... you're a noob

All the mages didnt have a properly place to AOE, all the babies ran in 10 different directions... killing practically ALL DDers... and he has the nerve to abuse another fighter for "running away with GS"... when you died

You're a total noob!

G____G

G____GTevaG____G
Heart___G_Hessah_G___Heart
79 - Paladin | 85 - Enchanter | 91 - Scoutxx
Ninja text! For those who's easily amused
I can show you the woooorld!
I don't want to see it!
okay...

Old 08-11-2008, 01:29 PM   #2
Lexaeus
Bat

Tournaments Won: 2

In-Game Name: FredWeasley, EishunKonoe
Current Level: 3x, 8
Server: Teva, Epith
Lexaeus is on a distinguished road
Wow. It's been a while since I've heard "All clerics on XXX" I've never done a spider kq (or at least that's what I think it is) so I don't know the specifics but I'm going to assume that the babies are the worst part of it. Yeah I hate it when people blame other people for their faults.

Thank you Loveless for the awesome siggy
Old 08-11-2008, 01:35 PM   #3
Spirit
complete once again

Tournaments Won: 11

In-Game Name: Spirit_of_Water, Spirit_of_Earth, Spirit_of_Fire, Spirit_of_Wind, Spirit_of_Sky
Current Level: Level 101 Guardian, Level 70 Fighter, Level 90 Mage, Level 89 Archer, Level 72 Trickster
Server: Teva
Spirit has disabled reputation
When going after GS, without proper mob-control with the babies, you might as well kiss the KQ goodbye. As you attack the Great Spider (GS), she spawns babies of all different sizes and in MASS quantity.

The most successful taking down of the GS I witnessed was where we had one tank tanking GS, with the cleric in his party healing him, (Me). We also had the other fighters, that as soon as the babies spawned, would devastate them. That way the mage’s and archer’s AOE was hitting the babies and GS. Only a few spiders escaped and it was so few that they could be picked off very easily by the other people in the KQ.

I was really shocked at how easy it went. Plus I was able to get my GS kill. It was great. Oh and believe it or not, it was the first Spider KQ where NO one in my party died after we started attacking GS, NO one. And it was not due to my brilliant healing skills. But more to do with the mob-control.

Spirit_of_Water- -Spirit_of_Earth- -Spirit_of_Fire- -Spirit_of_Wind- -Spirit_of_Sky
x101xxxxxxxxxxx70xxxxxxxxxx90xxxxxxxxxx89xxxxxxxxxxx72
Old 08-11-2008, 05:02 PM   #4
Loveless
Super Moderator

In-Game Name: Espei
Loveless has disabled reputation
I can no longer do GS... :O Yay!

I think after the last of the would-be capped players left GS it became chaotic too? Seriously when I was in there around 68-69 no one, and I mean no one would tank. This is the bad side of having quests with the KQs. Everyone is so focused on just getting the boss kill that nobody is really caring about the actual KQ succeeding. Their thought? I don't care if I fail and lose 400k exp cause I'll get 1mil for this quest.

And even with a good tank they can only Mock off so many babies before they spread (cause they move so damn fast).
Old 08-11-2008, 11:02 PM   #5
Hessah
Hardcore Procrastinator

Hessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond repute
@Spirit - Yeah I've seen that once... ONCE in my entire Spider KQ life... we somehow had a FEW good fighters that could mock and dev... i litereally saw a bunch of babies walk out from the centre, then the mock turned them around straight away before reaching the DDers.. that was awesome...

And yeah... people now go for GS whether or not the group can handle it.. (e.g. a Spider KQ with no mage...) which always turns into chaos...

G____G

G____GTevaG____G
I don't want to see it!
okay...

Old 08-11-2008, 11:28 PM   #6
Andromeda
Spider Pig

Originally Posted by Loveless View Post
Their thought? I don't care if I fail and lose 400k exp cause I'll get 1mil for this quest.
(cause they move so damn fast).
What the heck how do you even lose exp in KQs...

Originally Posted by Hessah View Post
@Spirit - Yeah I've seen that once... ONCE in my entire Spider KQ life... we somehow had a FEW good fighters that could mock and dev... i litereally saw a bunch of babies walk out from the centre, then the mock turned them around straight away before reaching the DDers.. that was awesome...

And yeah... people now go for GS whether or not the group can handle it.. (e.g. a Spider KQ with no mage...) which always turns into chaos...
The good fighters have moved out Spider KQ and to KKP.

I'm glad I was doing Spider KQ when the quests were still bugged. Its quite amazing to hear that people want to try and kill Great Spider even if the KQ group can't handle it. Seems people are getting very very greedy. They don't care if the KQ fails as long as they get their Great Spider Kill

Last edited by Andromeda; 08-11-2008 at 11:30 PM..
Old 08-11-2008, 11:37 PM   #7
Hessah
Hardcore Procrastinator

why do good fighters have to move out to KKP? I dont think KKP was too hard.. (apart from the occasional times where ppl didnt make KKP face the wall -.- but thats rare compare to Spider's Chaos rate)

But then again, Quest for KKP is bugged, and 60% of the players are capped, and has done KKP for many months... so everything makes KKP a bit better until you met jerks

Yeah and the stupid thing is.. you WONT get the Spider kill if you dont have mages killing off the babies, coz everyone would be dead...

Thank goodness for 8 hearts.. otherwise the failing rate of Spider would be MUCH MUCH higher than any other KQ on fiesta...

G____G

G____GTevaG____G
I don't want to see it!
okay...

Old 08-11-2008, 11:40 PM   #8
Ivramire
Where shall we wander?

Ivramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Andromeda View Post
What the heck how do you even lose exp in KQs...

She means you lose the potential 400k from winning the KQ. A party might get the boss-kill, but everyone else loses out on 400k if the KQ fails.
Old 08-11-2008, 11:45 PM   #9
Andromeda
Spider Pig

Quote:
why do good fighters have to move out to KKP?
They got done in by level

Quote:
But then again, Quest for KKP is bugged, and 60% of the players are capped, and has done KKP for many months... so everything makes KKP a bit better until you met jerks
Happens in roughly every 1 in 3 KQs

Quote:
Yeah and the stupid thing is.. you WONT get the Spider kill if you dont have mages killing off the babies, coz everyone would be dead...
You most likely won't get the spider kill either unless you have 2 Mages in your party or an archer only attacking Great Spider.

Quote:
Thank goodness for 8 hearts.. otherwise the failing rate of Spider would be MUCH MUCH higher than any other KQ on fiesta...
I didn't know you had 8 hearts every time I did Spider KQ I always saw 5 hearts
Old 08-11-2008, 11:48 PM   #10
Hessah
Hardcore Procrastinator

Originally Posted by Andromeda View Post
They got done in by level

You most likely won't get the spider kill either unless you have 2 Mages in your party or an archer only attacking Great Spider.

I didn't know you had 8 hearts every time I did Spider KQ I always saw 5 hearts
What you mean by that?

I got my Spider Kill with only 2 fighters in my party... they were both running, so i was the one that got the last hit all by myself... Full DDer party are often all dead very quickly...

Have you noticed that the 5 hearts doesnt start disappearing till you've died 2-3 times?

G____G

G____GTevaG____G
I don't want to see it!
okay...

Closed Thread