Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 07-29-2008, 06:19 AM   #21
Hessah
Hardcore Procrastinator

Burger Time Champion! Cannon Ball Follies 2 Champion!
Tournaments Won: 51

In-Game Name: Hessah / Ble~ehs
Current Level: 91 / 85 / 79 / 65 / 28
Server: Teeeeeee-vah
Hessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond repute

true that.. in every other KQ, the tank doesnt have to fully scroll up to tank the boss... but in MD, unless u +9 everything, its rediculously hard to tank without scrolls (i know coz i watch the tank's HP like a hawk )

maybe MD needs to be nerfed (esp the non-HC one...)

G____G

G____GTevaG____G
Heart___G_Hessah_G___Heart
79 - Paladin | 85 - Enchanter | 91 - Scoutxx
Ninja text! For those who's easily amused
I can show you the woooorld!
I don't want to see it!
okay...

Old 07-29-2008, 06:25 AM   #22
Andromeda
Spider Pig

Originally Posted by Hessah View Post
They need to make an in game guide... where you have pass the tests before u're allowed into KQ..

Fighters: if u fail the tanking task, or not fight behind marlone/mara, u're not allowed to go in KQ...

Clerics: if u choose to tank over heal, you're not allowed in KQ

Archers: a pulling test, and the ability to stay on the deck if there's already another puller

Mage: just stand at the back and fire away...

seriously...
This is normally the case but you are going to eventually run into Mara KQs that are missing a class.

Example if you enter a KQ and there are no fighters you are going to have to have the cleric with the highest HP/Def clanking.

Or you enter a KQ without a cleric you really have to be careful of what you are pulling and not to be pulling too many enemies at once.

If the KQ lacks a Archer well a Mage can pull but its far more risky. You just gotta hope the real bosses are close to the staircase. If you manage to end up pulling the fakes a simple suicide to the other side of the ship to pull them out the way works.

A Mara KQ lacking mages wont be a problem at all if there are a couple of archers.
Old 07-29-2008, 06:27 AM   #23
Ralath
Bbang ggoo ddong ggoo

Tournaments Won: 36

Ralath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Ralath
I wouldn't mind an MD with:

1. Less jumping.
2. Less magic.

^^;

~~~~

I've never understood why people think Mages can't pull.

If I remember correctly, their ice spell has the same cast distance as the archer's poison spell...
Old 07-29-2008, 06:30 AM   #24
Hraesvelg
Blaaaaaah 2 u 2

In-Game Name: Hraesvelg
Current Level: 6X
Server: Teva
Hraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of light
Perhaps we should form a group that will get together for a certain KQ, totally rock it out, and have someone record it. Then we could post links on the wiki.
Old 07-29-2008, 06:32 AM   #25
Hessah
Hardcore Procrastinator

Hessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Andromeda View Post
This is normally the case but you are going to eventually run into Mara KQs that are missing a class.

Example if you enter a KQ and there are no fighters you are going to have to have the cleric with the highest HP/Def clanking.

Or you enter a KQ without a cleric you really have to be careful of what you are pulling and not to be pulling too many enemies at once.

If the KQ lacks a Archer well a Mage can pull but its far more risky. You just gotta hope the real bosses are close to the staircase. If you manage to end up pulling the fakes a simple suicide to the other side of the ship to pull them out the way works.

A Mara KQ lacking mages wont be a problem at all if there are a couple of archers.
A KQ with a fighter that doesnt know how to tank Tank = No Tank

The test is ideally "designed" to teach them how to play their class... also a little strategy in the KQ... instead of just throwing them in the deep end and hope they'll survive... XD

maybe a little walk through like the F10 Help function (not that i've ever read it, but the option's there)

EDIT: @Hrae - that sounds like an awesome idea~

My fighter is still Mara-able....

G____G

G____GTevaG____G
I don't want to see it!
okay...

Last edited by Hessah; 07-29-2008 at 06:34 AM..
Old 07-29-2008, 06:37 AM   #26
Ralath
Bbang ggoo ddong ggoo

Tournaments Won: 36

Ralath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Ralath
I think level 17 is achievable within a couple of hours...

I know I hit 19 in two days w/o playing very much.
Old 07-29-2008, 06:38 AM   #27
Blaaaaaaaah
WONDERCLERIC

Tournaments Won: 15

In-Game Name: Bla~ahs
Current Level: 7x
Blaaaaaaaah has disabled reputation
My fighter can still Mara.
Old 07-29-2008, 06:47 AM   #28
Hraesvelg
Blaaaaaah 2 u 2

In-Game Name: Hraesvelg
Current Level: 6X
Hraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of light
I think all of my alts can do it. What's the upper limit, again?
Old 07-29-2008, 06:49 AM   #29
Loveless
Super Moderator

In-Game Name: Espei
Loveless has disabled reputation
You can have all the classes you need in a KQ but that doesn't mean they'll be useful. I haven't done the MD since the patch so I have no idea how that goes about now. I know that before I was able to tank it as an Archer with little to no problem and kept aggro too (until the fire breath that is).

And yes, you can pull with a Mage. Archer is nicer because they can possibly DoT it while it's chasing after them. That's probably the only difference aside from a possible AoE accident that'd more than likely kill the mage in one hit. I think that to this day Mara KQ is by far the most difficult in terms of having "smart" people.
Old 07-29-2008, 06:55 AM   #30
Hessah
Hardcore Procrastinator

Lvl 25 is the last lvl to get into Mara

u need a smart mage to use the max distance spell and no their MM...

its hard enough to get smart people playing.. asking if a mage is smart seems a bit over the top....... XD

G____G

G____GTevaG____G
I don't want to see it!
okay...

Closed Thread