Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 07-29-2008, 12:32 AM   #11
Eru
Marlone Captain

In-Game Name: dunno
Eru has a spectacular aura aboutEru has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Loveless View Post
Eru is Mr. Smarty-pants. xD

90% are noobs. 9% are decent. ocean members fit in the other 1% which is pure awesome-ness. But on a serious note, it must just mean that the new players are just becoming less and less... smart. Level 1~30 is full of noobs anyway... after that they quit so I must wait. ><
i wish i could get to be known as "Mr. Awesome-pants"

overall tho, i guess id agree with this...im betting there are a lotta noobs on a lotta servers. Im guessing this isn't disproportional to the number of noobs in *life*...

i believe Hess has commented on driving noobs that cut u off on the way *to* work ??!?!

Spirit likely would have somthing to say about koffee noobs ><

ive experienced academic noobs, army noobs, and now office noobs...there is just no escaping them lol

meh...the worst part may be, that we are all just as noobish on someone elses opinion! noobs abound! hahah

/sryweirdmoodtonight

Old 07-29-2008, 01:45 AM   #12
Hessah
Hardcore Procrastinator

Burger Time Champion! Cannon Ball Follies 2 Champion!
Tournaments Won: 51

In-Game Name: Hessah / Ble~ehs
Current Level: 91 / 85 / 79 / 65 / 28
Server: Teeeeeee-vah
Hessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond repute
LOL!! OK... I confess... When I first played Mara KQ without KT... I didnt even know that Mara and Marlone were the boss with AOE... I've aggroed it a few times and killed a majority of the people by accident.... (but i was the only cleric so no one dared to cuss me XD)

took me about 3 KQs to get it worked out...

Everyone has their nub days.. sounds like Epith has more real nubs than any other server...

so our job as an experienced play, needs to shout orders, KICK, MOCK, STAY WAY FROM US!! HIT FROM BEHIND, MOVE AWAY, DONT GO UP THE STAIRS, STAND AWAY FROM THE STAIRS....

if they dont listen then i usually follow up with a "told u" LOL

that's why i like playing my Fighter in Mara, coz I can be in control... if the "tank" is a failure i can take over and pot/stone myself....

G____G

G____GTevaG____G
Heart___G_Hessah_G___Heart
79 - Paladin | 85 - Enchanter | 91 - Scoutxx
Ninja text! For those who's easily amused
I can show you the woooorld!
I don't want to see it!
okay...

Old 07-29-2008, 01:58 AM   #13
Hraesvelg
Blaaaaaah 2 u 2

In-Game Name: Hraesvelg
Current Level: 6X
Server: Teva
Hraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of light
A few weeks ago, I decided to play an alt character for a Mara. The "tank" ran up and started hitting Marlone. The other fighters ran behind and started attacking. So far so good. Marlone spin kick, everyone gets hit with the vine debuff. I, playing a mage at the time, told the tank to make sure and snear kick it to prevent others from being hit. Unless they've changed it since I used to do it, this worked to prevent others from being hit. He told me he already had the aggro and to STFU because I was a mage.

I told him my other character was a fighter, and then of course he told me he had a capped fighter but wouldn't tell me the name. Sometimes you can't save the world by teaching a n00b.
Old 07-29-2008, 02:04 AM   #14
Hessah
Hardcore Procrastinator

Hessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond repute
As a.L taught me... the tank need to stand at max distance from mara/marlone, and all other tanks at the back needs to stand at the back with max distance too... to get away from the AOE circle...

yes.. wat makes the world fail are those n00b with all mouth and no ears

G____G

G____GTevaG____G
I don't want to see it!
okay...

Old 07-29-2008, 02:23 AM   #15
Blaaaaaaaah
WONDERCLERIC

Tournaments Won: 15

In-Game Name: Bla~ahs
Current Level: 7x
Blaaaaaaaah has disabled reputation
At least in Mara, everyone is low level so it's somewhat understandable if they don't know what to do... and even if you tell them what to do, they wouldn't know what to do cos they might be relaly lost... but I've been in MD KQ's where the tank REFUSED to face the damn wall (even when people kept telling him to) and the dragon's jump would hit everyone who's shooting at the back. I mean, we're all pretty far away from the dragon already, and sometimes I have to walk a bit closer because restore/rejuv has a shorter range than heal, and I always get KO'ed when the dragon isn't facing the wall. It doesn't help when at least 5 other people die as well. Everyone was screaming at the fighter to face the wall, but he refused. T_____T" I think we failed in the end.
Old 07-29-2008, 02:25 AM   #16
Hessah
Hardcore Procrastinator

that's a nub for u there......

G____G

G____GTevaG____G
I don't want to see it!
okay...

Old 07-29-2008, 02:40 AM   #17
Loveless
Super Moderator

In-Game Name: Espei
Loveless has disabled reputation
Originally Posted by Hessah View Post
As a.L taught me... the tank need to stand at max distance from mara/marlone, and all other tanks at the back needs to stand at the back with max distance too... to get away from the AOE circle...

yes.. wat makes the world fail are those n00b with all mouth and no ears
Yeah, I actually included that into the guide I wrote for the magazine. >_>
Old 07-29-2008, 03:16 AM   #18
Hessah
Hardcore Procrastinator

They need to make an in game guide... where you have pass the tests before u're allowed into KQ..

Fighters: if u fail the tanking task, or not fight behind marlone/mara, u're not allowed to go in KQ...

Clerics: if u choose to tank over heal, you're not allowed in KQ

Archers: a pulling test, and the ability to stay on the deck if there's already another puller

Mage: just stand at the back and fire away...

seriously...

G____G

G____GTevaG____G
I don't want to see it!
okay...

Old 07-29-2008, 06:07 AM   #19
Pesty
Slow Slime

In-Game Name: xPestilencex
Current Level: 60
Server: Teva (Forever!)
Pesty is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Hessah View Post
They need to make an in game guide... where you have pass the tests before u're allowed into KQ..

Fighters: if u fail the tanking task, or not fight behind marlone/mara, u're not allowed to go in KQ...

Clerics: if u choose to tank over heal, you're not allowed in KQ

Archers: a pulling test, and the ability to stay on the deck if there's already another puller

Mage: just stand at the back and fire away...

seriously...
This would be a wonderful idea. I had an MD where none of the tanks wanted to tank. We all got to MD and everyone was tellin a tank to go. None went, at all for 5 minute. I had to clank to even get anyone fighting -.- And I fail at tanking so that didnt turn out well...
Old 07-29-2008, 06:14 AM   #20
Hraesvelg
Blaaaaaah 2 u 2

In-Game Name: Hraesvelg
Current Level: 6X
Hraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of light
Well, its not exactly like tanking in MD is as easy as it is in the other KQs. You've got to be running T3 MDEF/DEF/VIT scrolls unless you want to risk death with the jump. Its hard enough keeping the dragon in check with Fear, if the tank dies everything really goes down the tubes.