Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 06-25-2008, 10:19 PM   #1
Melodic
Mushroom Fighter

In-Game Name: Melodic, Leilah, Photograph, Melodicanth
Current Level: 3x, 2x, 1x, 1x
Server: Epith, Epith, Epith, Apoline
Melodic is on a distinguished road
*Violently Bangs Head on Computer Desk*

*screams* AGH! I am absolutely HATING Fiesta right now!!!

*attempts to express her screams of anger in text but fails*

EVERY damned time an update is made, I get some stupid X-Trap Error (This time it's 31-0400-00000000-102, AND it's not listed,) or some hell-sent message (Last update before this 104 MB one said "The client is being illegally manipulated. Please reinstall the client."). RAWR!!! Now I'm going to have to reinstall it AGAIN unless I can find an answer to my problem (yes, I restarted my computer, and I still get the same thing) and I KNOW It will take MORE than four hours because of the size.

*throws her first real tantrum in years*

I think I'm gonna break my computer if it takes more than maybe two hours to download, cause that's all the time I've got, and if not I won't be able to do it for a long while. I think I will now go and alert my guild, and put this problem on these and Fiesta's official forums. I will attempt to not shout in the posts.

Oh, and unless there's another update and another problem and I have to reinstall again, don't ever expect another rage from me. Guild members, I hope you're ready for a fit when I'm online again. If I happen to be in an all right mood, thank God for blessing you. I'm usually sweet, and almost never throw temper tantrums, but when I do, all hell breaks loose. If it's not online then I'm annoying my family and ranting about Fiesta-related things they don't understand, not really caring whether or not they're listening.

So, there's a fifty-fifty chance of a tantrum online, one-hundred percent chance of one IRL. Just be happy you don't live very close to me.

*screams again*

Last edited by Melodic; 06-25-2008 at 10:21 PM.. Reason: Misspelled something.
Old 06-25-2008, 10:43 PM   #2
Ethelinde
Skeleton Archer

In-Game Name: ???
Current Level: 105
Server: A Server With Slimes In It
Ethelinde is on a distinguished road
Get highspeed connection lolz. $50 or so per month and you finish downloading the game in about 3 minutes.
Old 06-25-2008, 10:49 PM   #3
Melodic
Mushroom Fighter

I don't get 50 a month. I get eight to spend every month, it'd take me... about seven months for one month of the service. XD
Old 06-25-2008, 10:50 PM   #4
A_Forever
:w

Sooo...what speed do you have? @_@
Old 06-25-2008, 10:57 PM   #5
Melodic
Mushroom Fighter

Dunno. Around 100 somethings a second. KB's probably.

*runs off to check*

Actually, my download speed in 89.2 KB's/sec.

But I have a high speed internet connection, with a modem. DSL I think.

Last edited by Loveless; 06-26-2008 at 02:23 AM.. Reason: dbl post
Old 06-25-2008, 11:08 PM   #6
Hessah
Hardcore Procrastinator

Burger Time Champion! Cannon Ball Follies 2 Champion!
Tournaments Won: 51

In-Game Name: Hessah / Ble~ehs
Current Level: 91 / 85 / 79 / 65 / 28
Server: Teeeeeee-vah
Hessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond repute
Yeah... i know how u feel... not that my connection is slow... but my bf's is...

He cant get cable where he lives... he's only got ADSL and we're half way across the world...

one of the recent patches takes.... like 6 hrs or something....

the thing is.. i see why the 1st patch was so big... new maps... lotsa new contents...

then the nect 2 patches are bug fixers... why the hell is it still so big!!!

but.. SKiNG did mention here somewhere that it's not meant to be that big...

i hope he keeps that in mind and ensure that future patches are in a more reasonable size....

but.... looks like u've got more than just patch size problem.... xcrap.... hmm.... GOOD LUCK! is all i can say

G____G

G____GTevaG____G
Heart___G_Hessah_G___Heart
79 - Paladin | 85 - Enchanter | 91 - Scoutxx
Ninja text! For those who's easily amused
I can show you the woooorld!
I don't want to see it!
okay...

Old 06-25-2008, 11:08 PM   #7
A_Forever
:w

Don't double post :x

Ew. DSL D:

Hmm. Ours is umm 20Mbps

We have comcast :x && Yeah, its like $40-$50 a month I think. I'd have to ask my dad about the bill xD Haha. But yeah. Comcast -nods-

Last edited by A_Forever; 06-26-2008 at 02:31 AM.. Reason: Its 20 >.> Seriously. My brother checked...
Old 06-25-2008, 11:13 PM   #8
Melodic
Mushroom Fighter

^_^;; Sorry.

But it seems that everyone is luckier than me in terms of connection speed. XD I've been told that I'll probably have the best connection and at least five different computers when I'm living on my own. XD
Old 06-25-2008, 11:29 PM   #9
Triumph
Wiki Head Admin

Deal or No Deal Champion!Tournaments Won: 1

In-Game Name: FFXIV
Current Level: 80
Server: Coeurl
Triumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud of
Rather than installing updates via launcher when reinstalling:

Originally Posted by Icy View Post
See below.
Disconnect the internet connection. After installation, go to the Temp folder (C:\Documents and Settings\user\Local Settings\Temp in XP, C:\Users\[your username]\AppData\Local\Temp in Vista) and you'll find many folders with Fiesta in the names followed by lots of numbers. Find the oldest of them, and run the executable within. These are cached versions of all the patches you've ever downloaded for Fiesta. Once you run it, they should all run in a sequence. If not, you can simply install all of them in order manually.

Reason I did that is quoting automatically omits backslashes.

Last edited by Triumph; 06-25-2008 at 11:32 PM.. Reason: Quote formatting fails sometimes.
Old 06-26-2008, 12:23 AM   #10
secbro20
Currently Gameless

secbro20 is a splendid one to beholdsecbro20 is a splendid one to beholdsecbro20 is a splendid one to beholdsecbro20 is a splendid one to beholdsecbro20 is a splendid one to beholdsecbro20 is a splendid one to beholdsecbro20 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by A_Forever View Post
Don't double post :x

Ew. DSL D:

Hmm. Ours is umm 20Mbps

We have comcast :x && Yeah, its like $40-$50 a month I think. I'd have to ask my dad about the bill xD Haha. But yeah. Comcast -nods-
We do not have 20mbps. 8 lizzie, 8.
->Check my Progress<-

Once a G____G, always a G____G
Closed Thread