Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 09-28-2007, 11:58 AM   #1
MagesRequiem
Archon

MagesRequiem is on a distinguished road
Help me build my Cleric.

Alright, I got a level 1 Cleric. I don't plan on allocating any of his stat points until I get some advice from you guys. Now I know I should place them where ever I want but I would feel better knowing more experience players gave me some advice. Now, as a Cleric I plan on doing a lot of healing and what not. And seeing as how its really easy to get a party as a Cleric I figured i'd just go pure SPR.

But at the same time I don't want to die easily so I thought i'd just buy some END rings and use those instead of putting any points into END. But i'm not entirely sure if thats a great idea. So i'd greatly appreciate it if any experienced and preferably high leveled Clerics could give me some advice on that.
Old 09-28-2007, 12:45 PM   #2
secbro20
Currently Gameless

secbro20 is a splendid one to beholdsecbro20 is a splendid one to beholdsecbro20 is a splendid one to beholdsecbro20 is a splendid one to beholdsecbro20 is a splendid one to beholdsecbro20 is a splendid one to beholdsecbro20 is a splendid one to behold
Most people don't start partying with others until Burning Hill, so Don't plan on partying with others before you get to lvl 20. My cleric is 1:1 Spr End. You can add Str if you want to be a battle cleric but during KQs all clerics heal, most dont fight. Id recommend a End:Spr or End:Str depending on whether you want to be a battle cleric or support cleric. EIther way you go, you will probably be the support character in any party later on regardless of build
->Check my Progress<-

Once a G____G, always a G____G
Old 09-28-2007, 12:51 PM   #3
Blaaaaaaaah
WONDERCLERIC

Tournaments Won: 15

In-Game Name: Bla~ahs
Current Level: 7x
Server: Teva
Blaaaaaaaah has disabled reputation
I won't say I'm high levelled but here's what I think.

Going pure SPR might not be the best idea. You will probably need some END in the end, even if you prefer to just play as a supporter. Why? Because in this game, your heal actually acts like a fighter's "taunt" if the person your healing cannot taunt it. @___@"

For instance, someone is being ganged by a bunch of mobs, and you keep healing them. After about 8-10 heals (I did a little test with a friend with zombies, but I can't say that's the same for all mobs) the mobs will actually come after you if the person doesn't taunt it. Thus, you will need some END to at least survive a bit. There is no point in supporting if you die in 2-3 hits at all. You die, and if you're not with another cleric, you will be spawned back to town, and by the time you come back, your party members would have been owned as well.

I guess you can make up the END with rings and things... but you will need to be wearing high levelled stuff to get much difference, and by then, you would need more END anyway since higher levelled mobs hit harder.

I personally went 25 SPR and rest into END/STR (still haven't decided). 25 SPR is enough for your 5% crit, and gives you enough additional SP. Besides, you also have a passive skill that increases your SP. So I suggest you to add some END, unless you have the money to buy lots of scrolls and stones/pots to keep yourself alive. I'm generally poor myself, so I'm not rich enough to get all the expensive things for extra stats and stuff.

Just my 5 cents. xD
Old 09-28-2007, 01:47 PM   #4
PwnageCleric
Boogy Knight

In-Game Name: Villi
PwnageCleric is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to PwnageCleric
full end. -.-

CB1 -

CB2 * PwnageCleric * lvl33

Teva * PwnageCleric * lvl24
Teva * PwnageMage * lvl20
Teva * Villi *lvl 2x Warrior(MAIN)

Apoline * PwnageMage * lvl20
Apoline * Lover *lvl29 Warrior
Apoline * PwnageLover *lvl 25 Cleric

Old 09-28-2007, 01:50 PM   #5
MagesRequiem
Archon

Alright, i'm going to go 1:1 END and SPR for my Cleric. I'll just buy one END ring and one SPR ring. That way it sorta gets evened out and I can still be that kick ass support Cleric and take a few hits as well. What I lack in STR will be made up by the massive damage Hammers do, lol.
Old 09-28-2007, 01:56 PM   #6
Blaaaaaaaah
WONDERCLERIC

Tournaments Won: 15

In-Game Name: Bla~ahs
Current Level: 7x
Blaaaaaaaah has disabled reputation
Originally Posted by MagesRequiem View Post
What I lack in STR will be made up by the massive damage Hammers do, lol.
Yeah and you naturally get a lot of points in STR anyway, so it should be ok. You'll most likely be partying when you get higher level, so you might be healing more than hitting. xD
Old 09-28-2007, 02:00 PM   #7
MagesRequiem
Archon

Well when ever i'm in a party I never attack. I always heal. Which annoys me that most Clerics don't do that. They always attack and I end up dying which is really bad even if they do have Revive. At high levels 100+ EXP lost is bad, very bad.
Old 09-29-2007, 02:08 PM   #8
Triumph
Wiki Head Admin

Deal or No Deal Champion!Tournaments Won: 1

In-Game Name: FFXIV
Current Level: 80
Server: Coeurl
Triumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud of
1:1 STR/END as a battle cleric.

You don't need 5k SP to keep someone alive.

Originally Posted by MagesRequiem View Post
At high levels 100+ EXP lost is bad, very bad.
You lose 2k+ at level 40, 6k+ at level 50.
Old 09-30-2007, 01:51 AM   #9
MagesRequiem
Archon

I'm already going 1:1 END and SPR. Besides, it wouldn't hurt to have a ton of SP. xD Jebus! 6k+ EXP?! Thats like three Mara KQ's right there. I'm going to have to take my time as I level up. Losing that much EXP would make me have a heart attack, lol.
Closed Thread