Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 03-16-2009, 06:33 AM   #1
Blaaaaaaaah
WONDERCLERIC

Tournaments Won: 15

In-Game Name: Bla~ahs
Current Level: 7x
Server: Teva
Blaaaaaaaah has disabled reputation
KQ blues or regular weapons??

Okay, so I'm looking for a level 70+9 for my mage.

I can't decide if I should save up for a KQ blue or a regular weapon.

I know KQ blues have more damage/crit/aim(?), but... they're a bit expensive compared to the a regular +9 weapon (with END). @_@". I can't decide if a KQ blue is really worth the extra few golds. I'm poor, so a few golds is A LOT to me.

Are KQ blues that good? Are they really worth 11-14g? Or should I just.. get a cheaper regular weapon with END?
Old 03-16-2009, 06:43 AM   #2
Ivramire
Where shall we wander?

Ivramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud of
If you can't afford to splurge, don't do it :|

They might have undeniably higher stats but judge for yourself if you really need it. It's like choosing between a McDonald's cone and tub of Haagen. Are the frills worth your money?
Old 03-16-2009, 09:36 PM   #3
MikeyG
Touch all the butts

Tournaments Won: 10

In-Game Name: lnfamous
Current Level: 6x
MikeyG has disabled reputation
Send a message via Skype™ to MikeyG
As I remember .. the kq blue +9s are only a few gold more.
But if you don't have that few gold then ofcourse don't do it ...
but imo you should save to get them. Especially if you don't plan on lvling much.
Old 03-17-2009, 03:40 PM   #4
_Arcane_
Hero Slime

In-Game Name: _Arcane_
Server: bijou
_Arcane_ is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to _Arcane_
i dont +9 my weapons i just grab something cheap or just radomly grab some awsome gear ( currently 60 staff 6 dex 30 int and 26 spr) and my 70 staff is 16 dex 32 int and 28 spr) ^^ im pretty happy with them since they are just regualar weapons and with such highs stats also ( NOT FOR SALE =.=)
Old 03-17-2009, 04:21 PM   #5
Senyx The Soulless one
Ice Vivi

In-Game Name: CrimsonChaos
Current Level: 67
Server: AP-PO-LEEN
Senyx The Soulless one is an unknown quantity at this point
I'd say don't do it unless the weapon itself is statted, If the stats on any KQ blue you find suck, Go with a green +9 with some decent stats, Don't be stingy with your money, it's all worth it at such high levels.
Old 03-17-2009, 05:04 PM   #6
Lone_Wolf
Boogy Knight

Lone_Wolf is on a distinguished road
KQ blues have horrible stats, I know I got one on apoline :P
Old 03-17-2009, 05:05 PM   #7
Senyx The Soulless one
Ice Vivi

In-Game Name: CrimsonChaos
Current Level: 67
Server: AP-PO-LEEN
Senyx The Soulless one is an unknown quantity at this point
A blue is a blue nonetheless, And an unsuspecting noobcake would buy one despite the stats.
Old 03-17-2009, 11:49 PM   #8
Blaaaaaaaah
WONDERCLERIC

Thanks guys, I bought a regular green +9 weapon in the end. I didn't want to spend 11-14 gold on a blue just yet, haha. I figured I can just save up again if I really want a blue later on.
Old 03-18-2009, 01:03 AM   #9
EdwardWarlock
Zombie

Tournaments Won: 3

In-Game Name: Edward_Warlock
Current Level: Enchanted Warlock 8x, my other players are just production whores.
Server: Apoline
EdwardWarlock is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to EdwardWarlock
Originally Posted by Blaaaaaaaah View Post
Thanks guys, I bought a regular green +9 weapon in the end. I didn't want to spend 11-14 gold on a blue just yet, haha. I figured I can just save up again if I really want a blue later on.
Being an Enchanter through and through, I also pondered this question when I reached 70-hood. The only major difference with the 70 Blue Staffs/Wand is around 50 points of damage on a average blue staff versus a green wand (without enhancements), and bonus damage in the lower +500 range for a +9 blue staff. I have a blue staff that I enhanced, but I only use it for pvp, because my green wand has 26 END, 33 INT, and 28 SPR on it, and the bonus damage is approximately +478 at +9. If you add the bonus damage to the wand stats, you do about the same damage, plus you get a SP and END boosts which helps in quest runs and so on. As far a buying one, I would pay no more than 9G for a +9 Blue Staff because the stats are so garbage and critical is random as hell regardless. Stick with some thing that gives you an overall stat boost, and get all the bonus INT you can from your weapon and gears. END is important but you are a mage, so you will still die, and the monsters high MDEF, especially in Burning Rock. DEX and SPR are fine but not all that important, because at 7x and beyond the enemies will hit you every time and you'll have enough stones (and blue potion drops) to save on extra SP usage. Your core MDEF is enough to withstand most magic attacks, even if you don't use the hybrid build, and that's the truth. Sorry for writing a book, but I've smacked down too many crapola mages and I like ya!

* I am only heard by those who will listen. *

Edward_Warlock on MySpace

Old 03-18-2009, 01:54 AM   #10
Blaaaaaaaah
WONDERCLERIC

Haha lmao thanks for the help.

Yeah... if anything, I wasn't too fond of spending more morning on the extra crit rate, because a blue wand would only gives 2% more compared to my green wand. I was just more concerned about the damage.

At the moment I've just been stacking on END gear.. because both END/INT gear is waaaaaaaaay too expensive on teva (if it's got good END/INT, people try to sell it for a gold each. I don't want to spend 4 gold on my gear ._.) but yeah. I'm starting to get into the dying phase now so I'm guessing I'll just have to stock up more on T3 scrolls instead.

My wand atm as 29END and 35INT with 11% crit (completed license) so I think it's not bad for 8g on Teva. Though I do wish I'd be able to get some END/INT gear cos only 35INT from one type of gear wouldn't help me all that much.

MONEY IS STOPPING ME TO BE MORE 1337!

Oh and unfortunately.. I don't think you'll be able to find many +9 blue wands/staff for lower than 10g in Teva. Cheapest I've seen was 10g (without a lic) but, with completed licenses, usually goes up to around 12-14g. @_@"!