Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 02-05-2009, 08:01 AM   #1
GentleGiant
Speedy Slime

In-Game Name: HappyEndOfYou
Current Level: 36
Server: Bijou
GentleGiant is on a distinguished road
Everyone PLEASE, for the love of Pete, watch what you buy from people!!

I don't have screen shots of this, nor do I remember the person's name, but you can see what server I'm on at least. I'm out 250s because I was tired, in a hurry to start a KQ and not thinking. Here's what I did:

I accidentally purchased a Vitality (02) skill scroll for the fighter skill, thinking like a dummy that it was the Vitality Tier 2 scroll production skill. The wording on them is similar and so is the appearance. The person who was selling them had several of them in stock. Falling for that makes me feel dumb enough, but being a fighter I should have known the damn difference straight away. But, as I said, being a generally smart person means very little when you're not thinking straight!

So, some little pos got one over on me. Good for them. I was angry for a couple minutes afterwards, but at this point I'm posting more for the benefit of the rest of you than for me. The good news is that by producing lots of T1 scrolls and selling them at a fair market price I can make back what I blundered away in two days, tops.

One last time, please watch what you are buying and don't let these idiots rip you off!
MoarShooz4WPlz - 2x Mage
GoBuffYourself - Cleric (and extra storage)
Old 02-05-2009, 08:04 AM   #2
Loveless
Super Moderator

In-Game Name: Espei
Loveless has disabled reputation
... if they're still around screenshot and send it in. I used to go around Elderine looking for these scammers. :]
Old 02-05-2009, 08:04 AM   #3
Ralath
Bbang ggoo ddong ggoo

Tournaments Won: 36

Ralath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Ralath
The production scrolls and skill scrolls look different though...

Not exactly a new scam either... >_o

Old 02-05-2009, 08:04 AM   #4
Ivramire
Where shall we wander?

Ivramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud of
I thought that changing the icons for active skills and production skills would eliminate this completely. Used to happen more when the icons were the same D:

Ah well, least you know now.
Old 02-05-2009, 08:07 AM   #5
Hraesvelg
Blaaaaaah 2 u 2

In-Game Name: Hraesvelg
Current Level: 6X
Server: Teva
Hraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of light
Didn't the T2 Vit production scrolls used to cost a lot more than 250S? Are we sure it's a scam and not just a mistake?
Old 02-05-2009, 08:10 AM   #6
Loveless
Super Moderator

Hm... it used to go for 2g each.

But if their shop said T2 Vitality then it's still false advertisement, on top of that 3-4 vitality scroll in a shop itself is fishy. :3
Old 02-05-2009, 08:12 AM   #7
Hraesvelg
Blaaaaaah 2 u 2

In-Game Name: Hraesvelg
Current Level: 6X
Server: Teva
Hraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of light
Hmm, good points.
Old 02-05-2009, 08:17 AM   #8
Loveless
Super Moderator

Just think... at least you didn't lose 2g.
Old 02-05-2009, 12:36 PM   #9
Mindspank
Flying Staff

In-Game Name: Mindspank
Current Level: 103 Sharpshooter
Mindspank will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Yahoo to Mindspank
I remember those shops way back in the day. Said it was selling one thing and sold something else because the Icons looked the same.

Now, honestly, the biggest scam I see with vendors is when they say in the title "Buying X Material 1s each!!!1!!11" and they are really buying for one copper. Happened ALOT with tradeable quest items, like the valentines day chocolates last year.

I HATE those scams. Because while yes, most people wont mistake the production scrolls from the skill scrolls, alot of people wont doublecheck the prices your buying mats for either. Because of people like this, I NPC EVERYTHING. Crappy weapons, necklaces, materials, EVERYTHING.

Fiesta - Mindspank - Bijou - 103 Sharpshooter
Aion - Mindspank - Israphel - 65 Ranger
Old 02-09-2009, 07:34 AM   #10
GentleGiant
Speedy Slime

In-Game Name: HappyEndOfYou
Current Level: 36
GentleGiant is on a distinguished road
I got some of those T3 production skills at last.
Kudos to DestructionTime, who put several of the T3 scroll skills (but not more than 1 of any skill) up for sale at 250s. I got two I really needed at a price which can be recovered quickly.

Now, hopefully he doesn't yell at me for using his name here in a GOOD way.
MoarShooz4WPlz - 2x Mage
GoBuffYourself - Cleric (and extra storage)
Closed Thread