Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 02-06-2009, 02:49 PM   #1
EdwardWarlock
Zombie

Tournaments Won: 3

In-Game Name: Edward_Warlock
Current Level: Enchanted Warlock 8x, my other players are just production whores.
Server: Apoline
EdwardWarlock is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to EdwardWarlock
Guild Drama

For those of you that don't know, my guild became *glitched* about two weeks ago, and I could NOT log in to my main player (but I could play the alts because they are guild less), I discussed the issue with OutSpark many times, and after another week it still wasn't solved. I grew impatient (and I was wasting my paid for timed-limited items), so in a last ditch effort to play with my main, I had OutSpark remove my glitched main player from the guild, so that I could play with my items until the guild situation was fixed. I also explained this to all my guild folk, so that could play the game as well while the guild was being fixed, because they also have items that will expire if they chose to wait it out (and waste those cash bought items). This would prove to be MY undoing, as some members thought that I was "abandoning" the guild, because I wanted to play with my character, no matter what.

I was surprised that certain members got angry with me for leaving, when all I wanted to do was play with my main player and use my items. It's not like I didn't tell other members how to do the same thing, because I wanted them to enjoy the game as well. Some people even deleted me from their friend list without my knowledge, which put me in an awkward situation with them. I wasn't leaving indefinitely, just while the glitch was being fixed. I even chatted with the guild leaders (which included myself), and they also welcomed my return. For better judgment, I chose not to join the guild again, because some players did not agree with my return, and I didn't want to put the guild leaders in an awkward situation, with some people liking me and others hating my enchanted guts if I once again became a guild admin/leader.

Since the forum is always so dead-on honest, I would like to have your opinions on the issue.

* I am only heard by those who will listen. *

Edward_Warlock on MySpace

Old 02-06-2009, 03:43 PM   #2
Phantom Badger
FF's Official Weirdo

In-Game Name: [BlackDragonEX - Paladin]
Current Level: [BlackDragonEX - 73]
Server: Teva
Phantom Badger has a spectacular aura aboutPhantom Badger has a spectacular aura aboutPhantom Badger has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Phantom Badger
Those people are probobly feeling betrayed because they're waiting it out and you take the easy option, but I don't see it like that.
Outspark should resolve it soon if you tell them you're wasting your CS items, they like to make sure people will WANT to buy more xD
Old 02-06-2009, 04:40 PM   #3
Destrus
Lizard Knight

Tournaments Won: 10

In-Game Name: Fyoran
Current Level: 3x
Server: teva
Destrus has a spectacular aura aboutDestrus has a spectacular aura about
i don't get what they're mad about <_<. it seems reasonable to me to leave the guild temporarily if that's the only way for you to play that character. it's not like you were just leaving because you didn't want to be there anymore. you even told them about it, you didn't just disappear.

"Broken moves are also vampiric in nature"
Old 02-06-2009, 05:04 PM   #4
GentleGiant
Speedy Slime

In-Game Name: HappyEndOfYou
Current Level: 36
Server: Bijou
GentleGiant is on a distinguished road
From everything I'm reading here, it doesn't sound like you did anything wrong at all.

Outspark detracted from your playing experience with their bug, and it is my belief that they owe you credit for the items you were unable to use while waiting for your issue to be resolved by another means.

Once it became apparent that your ability to resume play on your main was incumbent upon de-guilding your main, I feel that your guild co-leadership is to be commended for their understanding and patience. As far as your guildies who are making waves over this whole thing, they have only their lack of reading comprehension to blame. If they are unable to think the situation through objectively and see that you have only done what you had to do given the circumstances, then they'll just have to deal with it.

As far as rejoining your guild goes, I wouldn't let a few people who can't wrap their minds around your problem with Outspark stop you. In fact, I would go so far as to say that those people are being disruptive, both to you and to your guild, and that they should have their motives and intentions questioned.

This is what I think, anyway. I've already said that I'm highly outspoken and opinionated, though. Make of my two cents what you will....
MoarShooz4WPlz - 2x Mage
GoBuffYourself - Cleric (and extra storage)
Old 02-06-2009, 09:02 PM   #5
Hraesvelg
Blaaaaaah 2 u 2

In-Game Name: Hraesvelg
Current Level: 6X
Hraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of light
Seriously, those people who had a problem with it need to grow the hell up. You were leaving because of a glitch. Hell, G____G had to "disband" for a while with that stupid glitch. It didn't change the fact that everyone was still friends and as soon as the problem was fixed, it was reformed. Life is messy, learn to deal.
Old 02-06-2009, 10:14 PM   #6
Zwivix
AichtVeeGee4Life

Moebius Syndrome Champion!Tournaments Won: 7

In-Game Name: Zwivix|iThePirate|GardenWeasel
Current Level: 103.01| 67.10|50.24
Zwivix is a splendid one to beholdZwivix is a splendid one to beholdZwivix is a splendid one to beholdZwivix is a splendid one to beholdZwivix is a splendid one to beholdZwivix is a splendid one to beholdZwivix is a splendid one to beholdZwivix is a splendid one to behold
^I remember that

There are people that just dont get it...they probably had bad feelings for you and the glitch was an excuse to get mad at you publicly.

If you join the guild might have split, the people that got mad might have left along with their friends...Might not certain but is a possibillity.

● If I kill you, that means I'll be the one closest to you when you're on your deathbed●
● If anyone else kills you, I'll kill that person●

Disclaimer:150% guy I prefer the siggys with the hot babes for my own visual gratification!"

TEVA:
||Zwivix (Lv.103)[Ranger]||Holy_VanGuards||♥Nilathiel♥
||iThePirate(Lv.66)[Warrior]||VanGuards
||GardenWeasel(Lv.50)[WizMage]||VanGuards
Old 02-06-2009, 10:40 PM   #7
Phantom Badger
FF's Official Weirdo

In-Game Name: [BlackDragonEX - Paladin]
Current Level: [BlackDragonEX - 73]
Phantom Badger has a spectacular aura aboutPhantom Badger has a spectacular aura aboutPhantom Badger has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Phantom Badger
Originally Posted by Zwivix View Post
^I remember that

There are people that just dont get it...they probably had bad feelings for you and the glitch was an excuse to get mad at you publicly.

If you join the guild might have split, the people that got mad might have left along with their friends...Might not certain but is a possibillity.
That's probobly the most likely solution ^
Old 02-06-2009, 11:56 PM   #8
Kaidela
Bored Fox

In-Game Name: Aleese | Victoire | Kaidela | Rilynn
Current Level: 87 | 70 | 60 | 35
Kaidela has a spectacular aura aboutKaidela has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Kaidela Send a message via MSN to Kaidela
Wow, it sounds the people who got mad are immature and oversensitive. Since you said you explained to them why you were leaving, and that it was temporary, there's really no reason for them to be offended.
Old 02-07-2009, 01:49 AM   #9
EdwardWarlock
Zombie

Tournaments Won: 3

In-Game Name: Edward_Warlock
Current Level: Enchanted Warlock 8x, my other players are just production whores.
Server: Apoline
EdwardWarlock is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to EdwardWarlock
Originally Posted by BlackDragonEX View Post
Those people are probobly feeling betrayed because they're waiting it out and you take the easy option, but I don't see it like that.
Outspark should resolve it soon if you tell them you're wasting your CS items, they like to make sure people will WANT to buy more xD
On a side note, OutSpark was quick to let me know the my items would NOT be reimbursed. All the more reason for me to leave and temporarily.

Quote:
From everything I'm reading here, it doesn't sound like you did anything wrong at all.

Outspark detracted from your playing experience with their bug, and it is my belief that they owe you credit for the items you were unable to use while waiting for your issue to be resolved by another means.

Once it became apparent that your ability to resume play on your main was incumbent upon de-guilding your main, I feel that your guild co-leadership is to be commended for their understanding and patience. As far as your guildies who are making waves over this whole thing, they have only their lack of reading comprehension to blame. If they are unable to think the situation through objectively and see that you have only done what you had to do given the circumstances, then they'll just have to deal with it.

As far as rejoining your guild goes, I wouldn't let a few people who can't wrap their minds around your problem with Outspark stop you. In fact, I would go so far as to say that those people are being disruptive, both to you and to your guild, and that they should have their motives and intentions questioned.

This is what I think, anyway. I've already said that I'm highly outspoken and opinionated, though. Make of my two cents what you will....
Thank you for all of your input. It's seems that I have narrowed down the drama starters to like one or two people (out of 30+ members). I'm friends with everyone, but it seems like someone is calling the shots from afar. I think people are way too serious in Fiesta anyway. I like guilds stuff, but I can't stand overbearing people. And I also hate everyone asking me to be their guilds! Just let me walk around guild less. LOL, I'm gonna to make a guild just to stop receiving requests. Every five minutes. Being wanted sucks.

* I am only heard by those who will listen. *

Edward_Warlock on MySpace

Last edited by EdwardWarlock; 02-07-2009 at 02:00 AM..
Old 02-07-2009, 03:14 AM   #10
Zwivix
AichtVeeGee4Life

Moebius Syndrome Champion!Tournaments Won: 7

In-Game Name: Zwivix|iThePirate|GardenWeasel
Current Level: 103.01| 67.10|50.24
Zwivix is a splendid one to beholdZwivix is a splendid one to beholdZwivix is a splendid one to beholdZwivix is a splendid one to beholdZwivix is a splendid one to beholdZwivix is a splendid one to beholdZwivix is a splendid one to beholdZwivix is a splendid one to behold
You know there is an option in Game Settings to not allow guild invites.

Was really helpful when I had no guild, gets really annoying getting invites you pass by someone.

● If I kill you, that means I'll be the one closest to you when you're on your deathbed●
● If anyone else kills you, I'll kill that person●

Disclaimer:150% guy I prefer the siggys with the hot babes for my own visual gratification!"

TEVA:
||Zwivix (Lv.103)[Ranger]||Holy_VanGuards||♥Nilathiel♥
||iThePirate(Lv.66)[Warrior]||VanGuards
||GardenWeasel(Lv.50)[WizMage]||VanGuards
Closed Thread