Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Old 12-21-2011, 11:13 PM   #1
Fiesta News Reporter
Premium User

Fiesta News Reporter is on a distinguished road
The Wishdom: Year in Review (2011)

The WishdomWishBone's Wisdom12/21/2011
Greeting Isyans,
As most of you are aware, the year is almost over and it's always good to take a moment and reflect on everything that has happened. I felt that it would also be a good time to reflect on my first year at Outspark and working on the Fiesta Team. If you would like to see a well written player review on what happened in Fiesta this year, check out FatalLace's post HERE. With that being said, here we go, the year in review according to WishBone =)
CommunityI can truthfully say it has been a pleasure getting to know the community and all of you have a very special place in my heart. Without all of you, I really would have no reason to exist. Granted we have had our differences, but at the end of the day, we have had a great time together. I loved that I was able to introduce Harry and Sally (the Server Bears) with you and to some of you my love for the movie "Step Up 2: The Streets". I speak on behalf of everyone on the Fiesta Team, thank you for your continued love and support. Of course we have had our differences and the GM team might have forgotten to do things at certain times but this year has been incredibly fun hanging out with all of you during events, random times, and in the forums. I hope in the year to come, we can continue to build on the amazing relationship we have with the community and bring on the new year with a bang!
Party EXP SystemI would say that this was the biggest change that was made in Fiesta this year. While it wasn't received well with everyone, the Fiesta Team and the developers believe that it's for the best interest of Fiesta moving forward. Yes, the changes were drastic and not all the changes were what the community wanted, but we also feel that we are moving in a direction where the EXP system is most fair to everyone. I will be the first to admit that the new system isn't perfect but we believe that it is the correct path to go in order to continue growing Fiesta in the future.
New Class: TricksterA close second in terms of the biggest change that was made this year is the introduction of Fiesta's newest playable class, the Trickster. The addition of a 5th class was huge for Fiesta as it allowed the community to experience Fiesta from the eyes of another class. While I've never been a melee lover when it comes to MMORPGs, I know that many of you love this class and I for one can't wait to see what else is done with the class.
Class BalanceThe Fiesta Team and I worked hard in order to get classes as balanced as possible. We were successful in a few fronts but we are well aware that changes still need to be made. The introduction of new skills for Archers was a great start and the current plan is to make a big push for rebalance in the beginning part of next year. Once I get more information regarding this, I will relay along as soon as humanly possible. Just to give you guys a hint, archers and more specifically Sharpshooters will be happy (I hope =P......)
T4 & T5 Composition and Decomposition SkillsYes, after 4 years the wait has finally come to an end. When I first started at Outspark, one of the many things I promised to the community was getting these skills into the game. I am proud that we have these skills in the game now. Just to give you a bit of insight on why this feature took so long to implement. While discussing with the developers, we found that many of the skills were incorrectly marked (tier wise). As a result, it took the development team a little bit to restructure the system and implement the new skills. Once we were able to figure out the correct format, we were able to accelerate the release time of these skills.
Increased Inventory and Storage SlotsIntroducing the ability for players to have up to 6 inventory slots and up to 4 storage slots was a big update to Fiesta. I for one love it because when I am out leveling, I love to hoard items until my inventory is full and sell/store everything that I received from that hunting/questing session. With the ability to hold more items in the inventory, allowed the community to stay out and level longer than before. Minor change with major results.
New ContentWorking at Outspark was the first time that I have worked for a F2P Games Company and boy was I surprised how quickly new content gets pushed in comparison to the "Brick and Mortar" companies. When I started, I figured that there would be a few updates but not the plethora of content that we all got to experience this year. With content like Burning Rock/Cave of Fever/Burning Cave, the 10X Abyss, World Boss Hard Modes, and repeatable quests, I felt that the community was able to experience lots of fun and interesting things to explore while playing Fiesta. While this year's content was rather exciting, I am ever more excited for all the wonderful things to come this next year.
New FeaturesAlong with the new content, many new features got added to Fiesta this year. I can honestly say that all the changes were welcomed and I was very excited to see them come to fruition. With the introduction of the Auto Movement System, increasing the number of friends on your friends list, play guide, and others, I believe that Fiesta is even better than before. The Auto Movement System and the Play Guide will help new and current players alike to fully maximize their experience while playing Fiesta and close the gap between new and veteran players.

All in all, this year has been busy, fun, and so much more! This year has been incredibly exciting and I can't wait for what's to come next year.
I would like to take the time now to not only thank the community but to everyone else on the Fiesta Team that I work with everyday. Without all of you, my first year at Outspark would not have been as enjoyable. I love coming into work everyday and try to make Fiesta a better place for everyone to enjoy. Thank you again our wonderful community for the continued love and support and I can promise you that the Fiesta Team will continue to strive for the best and make Fiesta even better with all the wonderful things to come next year.
Happy Holidays everyone, stay safe and <3 you all!
Sincerely,
GM_WishBone
Fiesta News Reporter is offline   Reply With Quote