Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 08-11-2008, 12:35 AM   #1
Loveless
Super Moderator

In-Game Name: Espei
Loveless has disabled reputation
The World Ends With You

I love the character design and the overall look to this game. But I was wondering if anyone has played it? I'm contemplating whether I' should get it or not... and hoping that it isn't just eye candy.

Reviews please?
Old 08-11-2008, 12:41 AM   #2
Ivramire
Where shall we wander?

Ivramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud of
What a coincidence.

That and two other games are on my download queue o.o

I'll tell you what I think when I get a crack at it tomorrow. Nothing but positive online-reviews though.
Old 08-11-2008, 12:43 AM   #3
Loveless
Super Moderator

You can download it? o_O Yes, please let me know~

I've heard nothing but good reviews too but I plan on getting my hands on the Japanese version (I really hate translated stuff ><) if it is really good. So I wanted to make sure first.
Old 08-11-2008, 12:46 AM   #4
Ivramire
Where shall we wander?

Ivramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud of
DS emulators -cough-

DS emulation isn't really developed though, lotta bugs.

I do buy the games if I like them, nice to actually play them on the consoles they were designed for.
Old 08-11-2008, 12:53 AM   #5
Loveless
Super Moderator

Ohh I see... I think I'd rather play on the actual DS. :P
Old 08-11-2008, 01:26 AM   #6
Mobly
Ratman Fighter

In-Game Name: Mobly
Current Level: 26
Server: Bijou
Mobly is on a distinguished road
The translation isn't that bad. Better than average, I'd say. But the gameplay is really unique and fun. I highly recommend it.

Just FYI, their are emulators that go in the DS like a cartridge, it just holds Micro SD cards which you store the downloads on, like a zip/thumb drive.

There's also an entire "homebrew" scene(legal) that develops software. I use my DS to surf the web, as a PDA, as a quite awesome and fully versatile pressure sensitive drawing pad, a linux OS, and much more. I'm a huge DS fanatic. I love it. that little machine can do anything.

Listen to my in-game adventures, call in, participate, & hear interviews with Fiesta GM's & staff on the Fiesta Podcast
Join the FiestaHD & SolsticeHD Video Groups
Vote on the Fiesta Radio Play project
Fiesta Podcast needs a new logo, feel up to it?

Thank you Maki for such an awesome sig & avatar. They r0x!

Last edited by Mobly; 08-11-2008 at 01:28 AM.. Reason: added info
Old 08-11-2008, 02:42 AM   #7
Ralath
Bbang ggoo ddong ggoo

Tournaments Won: 36

Ralath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Ralath
The last time I checked for a DS emulators (back when they first came out and I was still playing VBA), they didn't run much of anything very well. Maybe I should check again.... .-.

I did know that you can download the DS games onto a DS cartridge though. Saw people doing it in department stores in China. And then one of my friends showed me how to do it. But I don't have a DS so... moot point.
Old 08-11-2008, 02:44 AM   #8
Loveless
Super Moderator

The reason I don't like Japanese - English translated games (as well as manga) is that the accents as well jokes do not translate well. And in some games the voice actors are horrible in English ones. ><
Old 08-11-2008, 04:19 AM   #9
Lexaeus
Bat

Tournaments Won: 2

In-Game Name: FredWeasley, EishunKonoe
Current Level: 3x, 8
Server: Teva, Epith
Lexaeus is on a distinguished road
The game is epic I love that game so much but Joshua sucks >.< Shiki, Beat, and Neku ftw. I highly recommend the game. It is versatile and quirky and fun XD I downloaded it and yes you can put it on your ds. Get an R4 that's what I did. The game is unique and fresh compared to the other games that are like attack and defend and stuff like the traditional rpg. Though Subarashiki kono sekai sounds cooler than The World Ends with You.

Thank you Loveless for the awesome siggy
Old 08-11-2008, 04:53 AM   #10
Loveless
Super Moderator

Haha yeah. I knew Joshua was a bad guy from the start... you can just tell. :P One day when I logged on to devART they had a contest up. I looked through the art and fell in love with it.

Btw, where can I download it for my DS? That'll save me quite a bit of trouble... and what else would I need to do that? I'm hoping to get the Japanese version though...
Closed Thread