Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Old 06-05-2018, 07:26 AM   #31
Blaaaaaaaah
WONDERCLERIC

Tournaments Won: 15

In-Game Name: Bla~ahs
Current Level: 7x
Server: Teva
Blaaaaaaaah has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Yosei View Post
I think I'ma pass on kids. I'm approaching 30 and I still don't feel ready.
Ditto ditto. I remember when I was at uni, I was like, right gotta have kids before 30 because the chances of complications increase exponentially after 30..

Now I'm just.. nuh uh. not yet.

But for me it's the responsibility that is daunting hahahaaha
Old 06-05-2018, 07:00 PM   #32
Yosei
Corgi Addict

In-Game Name: Cubyrop(WoW)
Current Level: 85
Server: Maelstrom
Yosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Yosei Send a message via Yahoo to Yosei
Originally Posted by lamchopz View Post
Don't be afraid of childbirth. Only took my wife 18 hours, a little bit of screaming then about 5 minutes of going totally bananas as well as squeezing my neck.
Who said I'm afraid of it? I'm not. I just don't want kids If I adopt, it's because the risk of complications increases with age, and plus, we have too many humans on the planet as it is. Adoption is always a noble option.
Yosei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2018, 10:02 PM   #33
lamchopz
Goblin Swordman

In-Game Name: yummy
Current Level: skewl
lamchopz has disabled reputation
Who said I'm afraid of it? I'm not. I just don't want kids If I adopt, it's because the risk of complications increases with age, and plus, we have too many humans on the planet as it is. Adoption is always a noble option.
On a serious note, adoption is a noble commitment. In my line of work, I've seen too many babies born only to be taken away from their mothers (for various reasons). My qualm with the system here in Australia is that adoptive parents have to jump through hoops to prove they're capable parents whereas those who aren't yet fit for parenthood (e.g. current drug addicts) keep reproducing and having their children removed from their care. *sigh* I just made myself mad again.

-------------------------------------------------
lamchopz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 08:03 AM   #34
Yosei
Corgi Addict

In-Game Name: Cubyrop(WoW)
Current Level: 85
Server: Maelstrom
Yosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Yosei Send a message via Yahoo to Yosei
On a serious note, adoption is a noble commitment. In my line of work, I've seen too many babies born only to be taken away from their mothers (for various reasons). My qualm with the system here in Australia is that adoptive parents have to jump through hoops to prove they're capable parents whereas those who aren't yet fit for parenthood (e.g. current drug addicts) keep reproducing and having their children removed from their care. *sigh* I just made myself mad again.
My sister is a shining example. She's birthed 10 babies. Doesn't have custody of a single child now. When my nephew Will was born, he was born addicted to crack which resulted in her immediately losing custody of him. Custody was handed over to my parents, and they knew a couple that had been waiting years to adopt, so when my parents were granted full custody, they legit went to her and were like "So um... you want a baby?" They already had custody of 4 of their grandkids, and a 5th was too much to handle.

It was an open adoption, so he's still in contact with all of us he seems like a happy kid, really close with his parents, good relationship with them.

I think my family life is why I feel this way.
Yosei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 08:45 AM   #35
lamchopz
Goblin Swordman

My sister is a shining example. She's birthed 10 babies. Doesn't have custody of a single child now. When my nephew Will was born, he was born addicted to crack which resulted in her immediately losing custody of him. Custody was handed over to my parents, and they knew a couple that had been waiting years to adopt, so when my parents were granted full custody, they legit went to her and were like "So um... you want a baby?" They already had custody of 4 of their grandkids, and a 5th was too much to handle.

It was an open adoption, so he's still in contact with all of us he seems like a happy kid, really close with his parents, good relationship with them.

I can see where you're coming from. However, don't let that discourage you from having your own child. You're not your sister. At least you kind of know what you're in for and what you must do to raise one. I don't think the patients I've seen were remotely aware of the complex requirements of being good parents. In a way, I don't blame them. They themselves were usually the results of complicated upbringing and their adulthood was the expected evolution of that. I sometimes wish the government implemented some sort of reproductive restrictions on these people but the human rights group would be kicking up a storm. In the end, the babies are the victims of this political correctness. And what does society do for them? Nothing. Seen enough teenagers who are in government custody to know that the system failed them even before they were born.

Old 06-10-2018, 10:54 PM   #36
Hessah
Hardcore Procrastinator

Burger Time Champion! Cannon Ball Follies 2 Champion!
Tournaments Won: 51

In-Game Name: Hessah / Ble~ehs
Current Level: 91 / 85 / 79 / 65 / 28
Server: Teeeeeee-vah
Hessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond repute
Don't be afraid of childbirth. Only took my wife 18 hours, a little bit of screaming then about 5 minutes of going totally bananas as well as squeezing my neck.
Congratz on being a dad!

Childbirth is not the scary part, it's the sleep deprevation that follows that's the torture... I only feel more human and like a parent after a year

your line of work sounds emotionally taxing, you must be doing amazing things for our society

G____G

G____GTevaG____G
Heart___G_Hessah_G___Heart
79 - Paladin | 85 - Enchanter | 91 - Scoutxx
Ninja text! For those who's easily amused
I can show you the woooorld!
I don't want to see it!
okay...

Hessah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 08:36 AM   #37
lamchopz
Goblin Swordman

Originally Posted by Hessah View Post
Congratz on being a dad!

Childbirth is not the scary part, it's the sleep deprevation that follows that's the torture... I only feel more human and like a parent after a year

your line of work sounds emotionally taxing, you must be doing amazing things for our society
Thank you. She and my wife are the reasons I can deal with these night shifts in emergency department these days. lol How old is your child now? Mine's only 6 months.

Old 06-16-2018, 07:17 PM   #38
Hessah
Hardcore Procrastinator

Burger Time Champion! Cannon Ball Follies 2 Champion!
Tournaments Won: 51

In-Game Name: Hessah / Ble~ehs
Current Level: 91 / 85 / 79 / 65 / 28
Server: Teeeeeee-vah
Hessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond repute
He's 2 now. Time flies! Even though some days feels sooo long...

G____G

G____GTevaG____G
Heart___G_Hessah_G___Heart
79 - Paladin | 85 - Enchanter | 91 - Scoutxx
Ninja text! For those who's easily amused
I can show you the woooorld!
I don't want to see it!
okay...

Hessah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2018, 05:20 AM   #39
Belaslav
Yank me.

In-Game Name: -quit-
Current Level: -quit-
Server: Teva
Belaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Belaslav
My sister is a shining example. She's birthed 10 babies. Doesn't have custody of a single child now. When my nephew Will was born, he was born addicted to crack ... Custody was handed over to my parents ... They already had custody of 4 of their grandkids, and a 5th was too much to handle.

Ten? TEN?!

Nobody (including your parents!) should judge you for wanting your own kids. I do not know what life circumstances led your sister to this path, but your decision not to have kids but to adopt instead sounds a bit like condemning yourself for her faults.

Congratz on being a dad!

Childbirth is not the scary part, it's the sleep deprevation that follows that's the torture...
I'll just leave this here.

Free software for Virus, Malware, Adware and Spyware protection: Avast and Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware.

Those of you using Firefox I recommend NoScript and AdBlock Plus addons.

Last edited by Belaslav; 11-06-2021 at 09:34 PM.. Reason: I don't know why I did that... Bad idea, time to grow up.
Belaslav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 05:52 AM   #40
lamchopz
Goblin Swordman

He's 2 now. Time flies! Even though some days feels sooo long...
I'm enjoying these moments but damn, I wish she would find a good job, get married, move out and support us during our retirement already!